Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a SR+ Black on Black on May 3rd. I have a delivery date of June 1st. My VIN is still not showing on my account, but I did a live chat and the customer service rep was able to give me my VIN.
That’s great news, thanks for sharing.
I did try to do the same just now, but they told me they can’t help me figure out my VIN. But left a direct message with a Vancouver delivery advisor to give me updates on my order. Let’s see where this takes me.

Hi all new here, thought I'd chime in. Bay Area, ordered SR- msm (36k) on Thursday 5/9. Said 2 weeks, then suddenly 6-8. I was worried about the tax rebate expiring so I called my sales rep and next day (Friday) my delivery date was set to Tuesday 5/14. Took delivery yesterday. Rep who dropped off my car told me Tesla will be software limiting the SR- within the month of May...couldn't provide details though. Car currently (haha, current) has 240 range and no fog lights available. I chatted with a rep who said the update would consist of streaming radio delete and sat nav delete and thats it. I don't have those things anyway. My biggest worry was range and he said that will definitely be reduced very soon to 220 via software update. Any way I can deny the update and have a + range - for awhile? He also said the heated seats will stay, as he didn't find any conflicting info on that anywhere. Sorry if this is old news, I just wanted more data out there.

*Sad trombone sound*

If the website had said 8-12 weeks for the white interior I would've reconsidered as we wanted the car soonest. Or we just wouldn't have told the world we were getting one until much later...The 2-4 weeks seemed reasonable.

So ultimately it's not the white interior, it's just the SR+ in Eastern Canada?

No, I think it is the white interior, but does sound like it was worse in Canada. Demand exceeded supply for white last quarter. After then doing Europe, they have just switched back to North America, but did the LRs first. Now they have started SR+, but in black, as that is the biggest volume. I would think they will do white soon, as they do have a backlog from last quarter.

Next month will be the end of quarter zoo, that Tesla is famous for. They will try to fill as many orders as possible, and have some inventory left over to get them through July and August.

I think it is worth the wait for white. I ordered my blue SR+ with white interior March 2nd. Still no delivery date or VIN. Only the comment that they will be shipping everything they can for the end of June. Hopefully you get yours by then, or you may need to wait until the end of the next quarter (September). Tesla makes the model 3 on a quarterly production cycle. At the beginning of a quarter, they make for Europe.

wow, i ordered the same blue sr+ with white interior on may 3rd, got a delivery date for may22 last week, and just got my VIN today (people saying vin 1 week before delivery was spot on) located in vancouver

A5CDF652-C0E4-4CF5-9D1C-622EDF881C9E.jpeg
Seen yesterday on the 401 in Scarborough (for all you GTA peeps)

As expected the VIN has gone from my account but the deliver is now May 24th. Fingers crossed they have a car for me.
Ottawa Ontario. SR+ white, black leather/vinyl, aero wheels. Ordered May 1, I got a VIN May 3, delivery date May 15, now May 17 Now that car is still in California and Tesla is looking for another car for me. I am expecting a delay.
As expected the VIN has gone from my account but the deliver is now May 24th. Fingers crossed they have a car for me.

Great!
How did you know your sales rep? I too am from the bay area. Would like to know if there is a way to get the delivery date from the sales rep.
I went in to the Dublin store (since you can't order SR online obvy) and dealt with one dude there over probably a week or so until I ordered. Shortly after the order was in it appeared on my tesla account as 6-8 wk delivery. I told him the only way I would buy it is if I got the tax break and he said lemme check on it...next day, delivery set for 5 days out!

Hi all new here, thought I'd chime in. Bay Area, ordered SR- msm (36k) on Thursday 5/9. Said 2 weeks, then suddenly 6-8. I was worried about the tax rebate expiring so I called my sales rep and next day (Friday) my delivery date was set to Tuesday 5/14. Took delivery yesterday. Rep who dropped off my car told me Tesla will be software limiting the SR- within the month of May...couldn't provide details though. Car currently (haha, current) has 240 range and no fog lights available. I chatted with a rep who said the update would consist of streaming radio delete and sat nav delete and thats it. I don't have those things anyway. My biggest worry was range and he said that will definitely be reduced very soon to 220 via software update. Any way I can deny the update and have a + range - for awhile? He also said the heated seats will stay, as he didn't find any conflicting info on that anywhere. Sorry if this is old news, I just wanted more data out there.

I am not sure what you mean you are worrying about the range. You bought a SR that is 220 mile. You were supposed got less but now you get more - better seat, heated seat, etc. You can certainly delay to update but you won't get any features in the future.

Isn't the SR - for 150km? not 220?