Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you guys already had a delivery date set next week for an nmc battery, and you lived in Canada with cold weather, would you just keep your existing pickup or would you wait for an lfp battery? I.E.what should I do lol

Tricky situation you are in: Tesla to use some kind of heating system for the cold weather problem, but will that be available for your car? How bad is the cold weather degradation exactly, and how does that affect your personal usage needs? I wish I knew the answers to give them to you!

Regarding all the LFP discussion for the past 2 days, the unknowns that I'd love answers to are:

1) How much is the weight gain? I've heard 265 pounds (which is huge), but I guess we'll find out for sure when someone takes a picture of the sticker on the door pillar on their newly delivered LFP SR+.
2) What's the useable battery capacity in relation to actual capacity? I guess we'll find out soon too.
3) Does the LFP SR+ use the same motor? I'm hoping YES, because it means that there's extra power delivery that can be safely tapped for the non LFP models that the LFP version is already using to compensate for the added weight.

Regarding all the LFP discussion for the past 2 days, the unknowns that I'd love answers to are:

1) How much is the weight gain? I've heard 265 pounds (which is huge), but I guess we'll find out for sure when someone takes a picture of the sticker on the door pillar on their newly delivered LFP SR+.
2) What's the useable battery capacity in relation to actual capacity? I guess we'll find out soon too.
3) Does the LFP SR+ use the same motor? I'm hoping YES, because it means that there's extra power delivery that can be safely tapped for the non LFP models that the LFP version is already using to compensate for the added weight.
Are you really purchasing this model trying to wring out every last millisecond at the drag strip? I’m not saying that in a snarky tone, honestly curious. The quoted 0-60 is the same for both and for this “type” of car with its typical use case, I don’t see the point in getting too up in arms over the weight or worrying about if there is any power left on the table?

Yeah that’s what’s scaring me because seems like everyone else got their EDD right away. Mine just says they will contact me to schedule delivery….
Yeah i did DL part for registration and confirmed the loan already, just at the insurance part which i am waiting to have a EDD before i set up
Try clicking on “your car” located top right corner, that’s where I found my EDD :)

Attachments

• 9B00C80E-2D6E-4458-9F73-7C0CD5E18AF4.jpeg
    9B00C80E-2D6E-4458-9F73-7C0CD5E18AF4.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: RavaageFX
i’m wishing like heckfire that i would get a shrinking EDD sooner rather than later as i now attempt to navigate offers to buyout my lease.

i don’t want a fortune, just enough money cover the mats i just purchased in anticipation of my new SR+ arrival 😂

….oh, and a VIN 🤗😂
My EDD shrunk today after not moving for over a week, from 9/7-9/27 to 9/12-9/26. I don’t like that the front end moved back, but at least it’s a narrower window now. What is your EDD?

Still debating getting an LFP - don’t mind the idea of keeping two orders open to see what happens (with chance of losing $250). Since ordering (on 7/11) we’ve been really hoping to have the car by 9/16 for a road trip were taking to a wedding. Don’t want to make any rash decisions on the car/battery type based on that timeline, but it’s tempting to know I could essentially be guaranteed to have one by then if I got the LFP. Also noticed that the LFPs available in my area all have 19” which I’m not sure I want. :/

Thought I’d come back and provide updates.
I ordered 6/7, M3SR+ white/white, aero wheels, no FSD. Toward the end of July, I started to stress out because summer was drawing to an end (I’m a teacher), and I had no car since my Altima had sold so quickly.

On 7/27 I ended up seeing a Gray LR model in existing inventory, and I snatched it up. This ended up increasing my payment by about $200 per month. After crunching the numbers, I realized that even though the price jump is pretty daunting (my last car was an Altima, after all!) it would be a good investment for me in the end.

I picked up my car in Buena Park on Harry Potter’s birthday, 7/31. As a huge HP fan, that little coincidence made it feel all the more special.

I’m sure I would’ve been very happy with my SR+, but I have 0 regrets about getting the LR. I love driving this car so much…getting on the freeway feels like a launch roller coaster, and it’s not even the performance model! I’ve also had way more compliments in less than a month of owning this car than in 6 years of owning my Altima.

I’m hoping that all my fellow So Cal early-June orderers have received their cars by now. For those who are still waiting, I hope you’re connected to your VIN soon!

Attachments

• 8C6DDA31-E552-4EA5-AFD3-8D9AA471A5A2.jpeg
    8C6DDA31-E552-4EA5-AFD3-8D9AA471A5A2.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 75
  • ED625D43-9F13-46DE-BA39-D30810F2D626.jpeg
    ED625D43-9F13-46DE-BA39-D30810F2D626.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 69
My EDD shrunk today after not moving for over a week, from 9/7-9/27 to 9/12-9/26. I don’t like that the front end moved back, but at least it’s a narrower window now. What is your EDD?

Still debating getting an LFP - don’t mind the idea of keeping two orders open to see what happens (with chance of losing $250). Since ordering (on 7/11) we’ve been really hoping to have the car by 9/16 for a road trip were taking to a wedding. Don’t want to make any rash decisions on the car/battery type based on that timeline, but it’s tempting to know I could essentially be guaranteed to have one by then if I got the LFP. Also noticed that the LFPs available in my area all have 19” which I’m not sure I want. :/
i ordered 7.16; my EDD is 9.15-9.30 (cripes did it back out to 9.30 without my realizing it??? i’ll have to check my notes 😂). a lot of the NJ crew who ordered about 10 days before me have gotten their VINs - my uncle tried to sway me into an LFP but since I didn’t get the email to switch like the folks who ordered about 10 days (7.25/26 etc) after me did, i am electing to wait it out.

hopeful we get our VINs soon!

i don’t need the car before labor day but a VIN before labor day would be best. any later and i really might lose my mind 😂😂

Are you really purchasing this model trying to wring out every last millisecond at the drag strip? I’m not saying that in a snarky tone, honestly curious. The quoted 0-60 is the same for both and for this “type” of car with its typical use case, I don’t see the point in getting too up in arms over the weight or worrying about if there is any power left on the table?
Weight is not only about performance, the heavier the car the more the motor has to work which directly affects your range. Which im pretty sure is the reason why it only has 253 mile range

I don’t even have that option. I think the layout changes and that option went away once i confirmed financing. This is what i see now
EDD would normally appear on the screen you are showing very near the bottom. It is in a box showing "Your Model" and the RN# below that. The same boxed area also contains links for Order Agreement and Lemon Law Disclosure. Scroll down.

Reactions: RavaageFX
Yeah that’s what worries me, everyone else seems to have theirs … I’ve tried calling but even if i can get through to someone i just get told they know as much as what i see on the site
Keep in mind an SA told me the cars from Aug 26 were "pre-production" cars. He specifically said mine hasn't even been built yet. But since I have an EDD it must be somewhere on a schedule. Your's might not be as advanced in the process yet. You have a VIN and that is actually GREAT news. The hardest part (other than waiting)

Not trying to wring the max out of it at all. The point is to understand how much headroom one version has other the other due to the added weight. The facts are that weight adds strain to the drivetrain, steering, and suspension (and efficiency). All "within tolerance" of course, but it's an effect nonetheless that you'll feel in a more spirited drive and over the course of long term ownership.

Most auto makers change spring rates, dampening, etc. when adding a couple hundred pounds or more. Those that don't usually end up with a more sloppily handling product.