Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it's definitely terrible. Not many companies would get away with this. Tesla is only getting away with it because of lack of competition and having a great product.

It's not even the wait that bothers me. It's the uncertainty and lack of communication.
I would definitely agree that I’ve had more consistent service with other brands, but then again I’ve never placed a factory order before. From what I’ve read on /r/AskCarSales about factory orders in the last few months given the manufacturing and supply constraints, it just seems like it’s a PITA to get anything that isn’t already on the ground without a pending sale from almost any brand.

I’ve only had a few interactions with Tesla so far, all of them with the San Diego stores and DC, and I’ve been happy with each them. I haven’t had enough experience with Tesla to be majorly disappointed just yet 😅 That being said, my experience with Lexus dealers has been consistently amazing, and I think Tesla has a lot of room for customer experience improvement if they want to continue to operate in the luxury segment.

I took delivery of my LFP M3 yesterday at Serramonte - Colma.

I called at 10am on 9/3 and they told me that the vehicle was ready to be delivered that day and i could pick it up at 2 pm (Woahhh).
Everything went super smoothly, except I couldn't not connect my phone to the car because the agreements section of my account was still grayed out.
The guy helping me told me that I could still drive off with the car since all payments on my account had been paid and I had the check from my bank for the remaining balance. He said that it would take a few hours for the car to connect to my phone because of a new system tesla is rolling out. He also mentioned that I could charge the car for free until it was marked as "delivered" lol.

After installing all my fun accessories and doing an inspection of the car, I was ready to roll off the lot by 3:00pm. Since everyone there was so nice, I decided to go back in there to say thank you and good bye but i missed the guy that help me out. As i was about to dive off, my guy knocks on my window and gave me a free model 3 miniature model :)

Later that evening, the car was able to be connected to my phone, but something strange happened.. I never actually signed the 'agreements'. I couldn't do it at the DC because of the issue with the "new" system but they said I would be able to sign them later. Nothing has been signed but my tesla app is now connected to my car lol.
you got the best config, the black hides the door handles and the ugly body lines
But im kind of bias thats the same thing I got

Delivery day went very smoothly. A couple minor issues that I will report just to see how well they address.

For everyone still waiting, hang in there ... We all know it isn't easy ... But it will be worth the wait!

Best to all ...

delivery_day.JPG

Coming up on 24 hours to go. Got my robo-call confirmation for tomorrow. Waiting for sign/pay options. My train to downstate got cancelled, so I had to rent a car. Going to pick that up soon. $200 for a one-way rental. It is what it is. Train was like $90, and I'll still have to uber from the airport drop-off to the Tesla location.
Yeah I’m sort of not looking forward to this either especially since I have to fly from PWM