Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, I have made it to delivery week. I get to pick up my SR+ Blue/Black/19s in Nashville on Tuesday afternoon. I can barely wait.

It has been a whirlwind. I ordered 7/31, moved out of my Condo on 6 August, took vacation to Mexico and arrived in Tennessee just before Labor Day Weekend. Got my VIN shortly after arriving in Tennessee. Didn't have any real problems with my SA (I ordered in store in Cali), except for getting a hold of him to switch my account over from Cash to Financing. Resolved that by calling Tesla directly, and heard back from my SA 3 days later. All in all he was pretty good and kept me updated. Now I'm preparing for delivery and praying for no issues, or at least no major issues.

Y'all enjoy your Sunday!

anyone else getting conflicting info on what battery you’ve got? I ordered 07/14 and did not take advantage of the LFP situation purposely because cold weather performance is very important to me. Tesla online chat tells me it’s NCA, my advisor just told me I have a “CATL” pack. Wtf is happening here?

anyone else getting conflicting info on what battery you’ve got? I ordered 07/14 and did not take advantage of the LFP situation purposely because cold weather performance is very important to me. Tesla online chat tells me it’s NCA, my advisor just told me I have a “CATL” pack. Wtf is happening here?
The fact that they updated SR+ range on the custom order page is indicating that they might have switched to all CATL.

Reactions: speedyrogue
I think there’s some confusion with SA’s and the acronyms here because I just asked for clarification and he said I’m getting the “original” battery pack and that I would have been told ahead of time if it was otherwise. So for those who have waited it out and not jumped on the LFP opportunity, make sure you ask!

I just got one delivered with LFP battery, and it worked beautifully. It charged to 100% and faster (6mile per hour on 120v). LFP battery is superior.

Reactions: speedyrogue
Placed an order for SR+ (NCA) on July 19th and until last night the EDD was showing as 10/12 - 11/1. Then last Monday grabbed an existing inventory and placed LFP order with EDD 9/21 -9/29. Now I got VIN on the original order(NCA) with EDD 9/27- 9/30. Now i have to decide what to do with the LFP order. I may go with the original order. Any one in similar boat and what are my options to recoup $250 order fee on LFP order?

Reactions: asquared17
Placed an order for SR+ (NCA) on July 19th and until last night the EDD was showing as 10/12 - 11/1. Then last Monday grabbed an existing inventory and placed LFP order with EDD 9/21 -9/29. Now I got VIN on the original order(NCA) with EDD 9/27- 9/30. Now i have to decide what to do with the LFP order. I may go with the original order. Any one in similar boat and what are my options to recoup $250 order fee on LFP order?
I just went through the same process. I had to pay $250 order fee instead of $100. They will credit you the $100 when you take delivery of the LFP order.

HERE SHE IS!! White/white SR+ LFP w/ aero wheels, picked up last weekend but just now posting. Good luck to everyone still waiting — promise it’s worth it :)
B13AEC85-569C-458D-A03E-273820FAF512.jpeg

I just got one delivered with LFP battery, and it worked beautifully. It charged to 100% and faster (6mile per hour on 120v). LFP battery is superior.
Superior is a bit of an overstatement don't you think? Although the faster charging will come in handy if the cold weather really takes a toll of battery range like the LFP batteries are rumored to have. If you are in warm weather climates then the difference is negligible.

Reactions: daviddumais
I spoke to my sales advisor yesterday in Fremont CA delivery center. He said if your order was placed prior to I receiving email about lfp option, then you will continue to receiving NCA battery pack based car.
A Tesla advisor in NJ told me the same thing but there are some NCA vehicles that are still arriving at stores that are unspoken for or are canceled orders so it is possible to still get either battery pack vehicle. I would say by October all SR+ will be exclusively LFP.

A Tesla advisor in NJ told me the same thing but there are some NCA vehicles that are still arriving at stores that are unspoken for or are canceled orders so it is possible to still get either battery pack vehicle. I would say by October all SR+ will be exclusively LFP.
I looked at the weight of the car on the door jamb and then googled the weight of the M3 with NCA vs LFP. Mine is an NCA, as expected since I had ordered in end June and never received the switch-to-LFP email which Tesla only sent to those who were willing to take an LFP and accelerate delivery by a couple of months (vs those who were anyway on track for an end Q3 delivery). Of course, anybody could avail of the inventory LFP vehicles, but it doesn’t look like Tesla automatically swapped the battery from NCA to LFP for those who had ordered prior to July. Both batteries seem fine and any slight pros and cons depend on your use case. Tried the auto steer around a windy neighborhood road - it worked well but nonetheless it’s a bit nerve wracking when there are bicycles close by and fast moving traffic approaching from the opposite lane.