Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone is at same boat as I am. So currently my SR+ EDD shows September (white/black/aero), I'm pondering if I should upgrade to 19" wheel which has EDD of June. Should I just go ahead to upgrade it or just wait till the EDD updated. Based on some previous replies it looks like EDD is volatile and might even move ahead of schedule. Already wait almost 1 yr for my MX to come not sure if I can wait another year for M3 :p
FWIW, I ordered the same configuration (white exterior, black interior, 18" wheels). My location is <30 minutes from the Fremont factory. I reserved on Oct 3 (right before the first price increase) and filled out the payment/registration info in my reservation right away (paying cash). When I made the reservation, the website was estimating a June 2022 delivery. After filling out the info in my reservation the EDD said April 2022. A few days later, the price had gone up by $2000 and my EDD was Dec 18-31. At some point it changed to Dec 23-31 and has stayed that way for the last few weeks.

FWIW, I ordered the same configuration (white exterior, black interior, 18" wheels). My location is <30 minutes from the Fremont factory. I reserved on Oct 3 (right before the first price increase) and filled out the payment/registration info in my reservation right away (paying cash). When I made the reservation, the website was estimating a June 2022 delivery. After filling out the info in my reservation the EDD said April 2022. A few days later, the price had gone up by $2000 and my EDD was Dec 18-31. At some point it changed to Dec 23-31 and has stayed that way for the last few weeks.
Interesting. I haven't fill out the payment info yet since I want to save the hard pull (finance) when approaching delivery date. Maybe I should do "pay cash" to get more accurate date maybe?

Ordered: 8/16/2021
EDD Initially: October 18 - November 07
EDD as of 10/18: Octoer 23 - November 20
EDD as of 10/23: January 03 - January 31

I don't know why the delivery is so late.
As my sales advisor has told me I will get the 2022 model, I am wondering the NCA and LFP batteries which one is good for me.

Ordered: 8/16/2021
EDD Initially: October 18 - November 07
EDD as of 10/18: Octoer 23 - November 20
EDD as of 10/23: January 03 - January 31

I don't know why the delivery is so late.
As my sales advisor has told me I will get the 2022 model, I am wondering the NCA and LFP batteries which one is good for me.
Any upgrade on color or wheels?? No upgrades tends to delay delivery. Also Canadian deliveries are usually late what i hv noticed so far. Sucks but thts the trend.

The most standard, white exterior / black interior / 18 wheels.
How is yours, do you prefer LFP or NAC?
Mine is Blue on White 18 inch wheels. 28th Sept ordered. Edd showing March 8-28 . Honestly i would take whichever is available sooner LFP or NAC. But i definitely prefer NAC . I think just because it has so much proven data and ppl driving it in cold winters.

Last edited:
wow that's the first time I heard about this. first time buyer here. I'll check with my SA to confirm (as long as he/she does't ghost me...:mad:)
My SA at the Dublin location told me the same thing. He advised to select cash (even if I wanted to do financing) for chance of faster delivery. I got my order in ~3 wks (ordered mid Sep, delivered Oct 5). Ended up doing cash but he told me if I wanted to finance to just contact him when I get delivery date and he can change it.

Hope your SA gives you an answer!

My ongoing saga continues with EDD updates. I was 12 days away from my EDD window yesterday when I went to bed. This morning between 5am and 7am EST my EDD changed back to the late January- late February window. That's unfortunate. I thought since I was two weeks out that I would post my jeep for sale. Not going to take it down at this point, but 4 months without a car really worries me.

Ordered 9/14:
EDD December 2021
EDD Update February - March
EDD Update March 5th - April 2nd
EDD Update February 17th - March 17th
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd
EDD Update December 16th - December 31st
EDD Update January 27 - February 24th.
EDD Update November 16th - November 30th.
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd.

Got SR+ Blue with Black interior - Full Self Driving.

My ongoing saga continues with EDD updates. I was 12 days away from my EDD window yesterday when I went to bed. This morning between 5am and 7am EST my EDD changed back to the late January- late February window. That's unfortunate. I thought since I was two weeks out that I would post my jeep for sale. Not going to take it down at this point, but 4 months without a car really worries me.

Ordered 9/14:
EDD December 2021
EDD Update February - March
EDD Update March 5th - April 2nd
EDD Update February 17th - March 17th
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd
EDD Update December 16th - December 31st
EDD Update January 27 - February 24th.
EDD Update November 16th - November 30th.
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd.

Got SR+ Blue with Black interior - Full Self Driving.
Same here. SR+ black/black 18". Ordered early September and EDD changed to 01/04 - 02/01. My EDD was also two weeks out. VA

Performance >LR>>SR+ in terms of gross margin for Tesla. And that’s the same order in which they are prioritizing the delivery. With unlimited demand across models that’s something any sensible business would do. There are so many people selling their current SR+ at premium and booking LR/performance. I don’t see demand subsiding in near future. Not great for people like us waiting for SR+ but that’s how it is.

Reactions: Labs
Performance >LR>>SR+ in terms of gross margin for Tesla. And that’s the same order in which they are prioritizing the delivery. With unlimited demand across models that’s something any sensible business would do. There are so many people selling their current SR+ at premium and booking LR/performance. I don’t see demand subsiding in near future. Not great for people like us waiting for SR+ but that’s how it is.
When I ordered my SR+ back in May, the price delta between the SR+ and LR was $10k. As of right now, the price delta is "only" $6k between the SR+ and LR. If I was ordering a 3 now, I would seriously consider the +$6k LR...and that's before even factoring that I could probably get a LR within the next 2 months instead of sometime June-Sep 2022 with a current SR+ order.

I actually have a LR on order (betting on the tax credit being renewed). If that happens, I'll take delivery sometime next year and flip the SR+ for the LR. Given current used car values and the fact the car market will not likely improve much, if any, in the next few months, I'll likely be able to swap my SR+ for a LR and actually pocket some money (again, assuming the tax credit gets passed).

Even if the tax credit renewal fails, it may still be worth it for me to upgrade to an LR if the "upgrade" fee isn't too high.