Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huge update:
Late last night I check and still says EDD Dec 17-31 (OD 9/8 W/B/Aero)

This morning I get a call and an email for final payment, my car is here! And It is a 2022 with 272 mile range, SA says he believes they are all LFP at this point.

But here is the rub...I'm paying cash, Tesla will only wait 3 days for payment, and tomorrow is a bank holiday. I've been scrambling transferring money between bank accounts trying to get enough funds in one place by Friday. I've spoken to the SA and let him know. Oh, and get this.....we could have just taken a loan and paid it off right away, but we just signed off on the re-finance of our home....funds hit Monday....and they told us don't do any hard credit pulls until after the funds hit.....timing is everything......

Another note.....if you are keeping money in investments until your car is here (a smart thing to do).....those funds take 2-3 days to settle before you get the cash....outside Tesla's 3 day hold period....customer service...yep.

Reactions: alset3000 and Kattt
Huge update:

This morning I get a call and an email for final payment, my car is here! And It is a 2022 with 272 mile range, SA says he believes they are all LFP at this point.

But here is the rub...I'm paying cash, Tesla will only wait 3 days for payment, and tomorrow is a bank holiday. I've been scrambling transferring money between bank accounts trying to get enough funds in one place by Friday. I've spoken to the SA and let him know. Oh, and get this.....we could have just taken a loan and paid it off right away, but we just signed off on the re-finance of our home....funds hit Monday....and they told us don't do any hard credit pulls until after the funds hit.....timing is everything......

Another note.....if you are keeping money in investments until your car is here (a smart thing to do).....those funds take 2-3 days to settle before you get the cash....outside Tesla's 3 day hold period....customer service...yep.
Congratulations

Huge update:

Congrats. Please let us know about the changes you find like heated steering and rear heated seats. Also the sound system if you see any difference maybe. Thank you

Huge update:

Congratulations!! I ordered the same specs 9/21, with same pickup location I guess, my EDD is still 12/18-01/07 but this makes me hopeful.

Is there an option to switch to loan at all or do they give you an ultimatum to pay up or wait longer?

I went to the Tesla Vaughan (Canada) service center to pick up a set of BLE TPMS sensors for winter tires in advance of my Jan/ Feb EDD (ordered October 6) and chatted with the service rep there about the upcoming changes for 2022 RWD. He also told me that there was a rumor that this model will come with 16 speakers (my 2018 Model 3 LR has 14 speakers) - same number of speakers as Model S. He refused to confirm anything including the heated steering wheel and rear seat heaters. So fingers crossed that the rumors turn out to be true.:)

I went to the Tesla Vaughan (Canada) service center to pick up a set of BLE TPMS sensors for winter tires in advance of my Jan/ Feb EDD (ordered October 6) and chatted with the service rep there about the upcoming changes for 2022 RWD. He also told me that there was a rumor that this model will come with 16 speakers (my 2018 Model 3 LR has 14 speakers) - same number of speakers as Model S. He refused to confirm anything including the heated steering wheel and rear seat heaters. So fingers crossed that the rumors turn out to be true.:)

Our SA told us heating steering wheel and rear seat heaters are now standard on the 2022 M3 RWD. As for the speakers & LFP batteries, we're waiting other members comments in the next couple of weeks.

Our EDD hasn't move in a month and still Jan 21- Feb 10.