Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is due within the next couple weeks. This morning I got a text from Tesla (It's my first text from them).

It says: Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account. If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase! Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

I had a couple thoughts. I'm planning on selling this vehicle privately to pay off a student loan that my wife and I have... at much higher than the 2.49 interest rate that Tesla Financing offered me. Do you think they would buy it from me - and pay me in cash/check? Secondly, for those of you who have been through this before or have their vehicle, how long before receiving your VIN/Vehicle did you receive this message?
Tesla will not buy your car in cash or check. They substract from your contract the money you owe them.

Anybody in Canada receiving their M3 SR+ 2022 this November?
I have missed my model 3 2021 delivery on Oct 31 in Vancouver. After two days my EDD changed to Jan 3 to Jan 31, 2022. I called SA and they told me that I’ll be getting a 2022 vehicle so that’s reason why the date moved to January. She also mentioned that there’s a chance the I may receive my vehicle by end of December only but she said not quote her on this.

I have missed my model 3 2021 delivery on Oct 31 in Vancouver. After two days my EDD changed to Jan 3 to Jan 31, 2022. I called SA and they told me that I’ll be getting a 2022 vehicle so that’s reason why the date moved to January. She also mentioned that there’s a chance the I may receive my vehicle by end of December only but she said not quote her on this.
When did you order ? i ordered on Sep 30, my EDD has been stuck on Sep 2022 for few weeks

I'm expecting also this by the end of December. Their usual big push at the end of the quarter.

I am just hoping that we will have the 2022 model, then we will save a lot of money because of the $4000 increase plus the back seat/steering heating. So I am not complaining they had to push our EDD to January 2022.

I do not hear anybody in Canada got their 2022 M3 yet neither in Reddit nor TMC.

I'm expecting also this by the end of December. Their usual big push at the end of the quarter.

I am just hoping that we will have the 2022 model, then we will save a lot of money because of the $4000 increase plus the back seat/steering heating. So I am not complaining they had to push our EDD to January 2022.

I do not hear anybody in Canada got their 2022 M3 yet neither in Reddit nor TMC.
I think we will see lot of us in Canada start getting deliveries end of Dec or first Week of Jan. We can only wait but yes hoping by then it would be 2022 models

When did you order ? i ordered on Sep 30, my EDD has been stuck on Sep 2022 for few weeks
Ordered on August 31. White/Black/Aero - No FSD. Original EDD was shown from Oct 31 to Nov 20 so I was off on Vacation. But the EDD was pushed up later to Oct 25 to Oct 31. I called and set the delivery date to Oct 31 (this is was best I could get as I was on vacation) and I immediately headed to Victoria, BC (I live here). I drove to ferry terminal to board ferry to Vancouver and unfortunately, the ferry was full and could not make it to the mainland. I can’t leave my car as I’m trading-in my current gas car. I felt so bad and it was so painful lol. I only started feeling better once the SA on the phone confirmed that I’ll be receiving the 2022 vehicle with LFP battery and more range on Nov 1. I tried to hold on to that 2021 vehicle but they said that system would automatically assign into it to the next person and they can’t do anything about that. It felt weird at that time but only later I understood the reason for this. Anyways I’m happy that we all folks in Canada will be receiving 2022 vehicles.

Reactions: amit_gunner
I got my VIN assigned and the EDD is around 26th Nov - 2nd Dec.

Is it possible if I want to hold my delivery date till around January? Does it cost anything?
OD: 8/13/2021
ODD: January
Email rec’d: 11/12/2021
Called my local Tesla after I got a “Final Payment due” email (paying cash). My account had a blue “accept and proceed with delivery” button. My car is expected to be ready 2nd/3rd week of Dec. You’ll have 3 days to take delivery when it’s ready. I’m going to keep my VIN and decide if I’ll accept it or not when they call (hopefully in Jan). If not, I’ll delay and get back on the waitlist. Free to delay but SR+/wheel/aero wait is Oct 2022. As long as you don’t make configuration changes you keep your locked in price.

My delivery is due within the next couple weeks. This morning I got a text from Tesla (It's my first text from them).

It says: Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account. If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase! Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

I had a couple thoughts. I'm planning on selling this vehicle privately to pay off a student loan that my wife and I have... at much higher than the 2.49 interest rate that Tesla Financing offered me. Do you think they would buy it from me - and pay me in cash/check? Secondly, for those of you who have been through this before or have their vehicle, how long before receiving your VIN/Vehicle did you receive this message?
FWIW tesla offered me 12100 for my 2016 hybrid sonata...Carmax online offered me 15500 as a check ...you should check them out

Ordered on August 31. White/Black/Aero - No FSD. Original EDD was shown from Oct 31 to Nov 20 so I was off on Vacation. But the EDD was pushed up later to Oct 25 to Oct 31. I called and set the delivery date to Oct 31 (this is was best I could get as I was on vacation) and I immediately headed to Victoria, BC (I live here). I drove to ferry terminal to board ferry to Vancouver and unfortunately, the ferry was full and could not make it to the mainland. I can’t leave my car as I’m trading-in my current gas car. I felt so bad and it was so painful lol. I only started feeling better once the SA on the phone confirmed that I’ll be receiving the 2022 vehicle with LFP battery and more range on Nov 1. I tried to hold on to that 2021 vehicle but they said that system would automatically assign into it to the next person and they can’t do anything about that. It felt weird at that time but only later I understood the reason for this. Anyways I’m happy that we all folks in Canada will be receiving 2022 vehicles.
Ordered on August 16. The EDD changed to Jan 3 - Jan 31, 2022. Hope I can get the car in December.

Just took delivery of a 2022 M3 White/Black Areo. Here is what I can confirm:

-no daily/trip limit, just a single charge limit. 100% is 271 miles.
-GVWR 4711 lbs
-heated rear seats, heated steering
-appears to be same sound system as SR+
-wireless charging works. Need to grab a USB cable to confirm the ports are there and working (Edit: just tested, they work)

The car is gorgeous! Haven't driven it anywhere yet, just sitting in the driveway playing with stuff.

View attachment 732785
May I know what is the first three characters of your VIN? They say 2022 VIN starts with 7SA.