Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Opinions from the folks on here:

With the recent change to the EV tax credits and it being changed from a credit to now being refundable, do you believe it is a good idea to have your order delayed until 1/1/22? Also, anyone here have an order delayed on purpose and what was the process like?

I went to the Tesla Vaughan (Canada) service center to pick up a set of BLE TPMS sensors for winter tires in advance of my Jan/ Feb EDD (ordered October 6) and chatted with the service rep there about the upcoming changes for 2022 RWD. He also told me that there was a rumor that this model will come with 16 speakers (my 2018 Model 3 LR has 14 speakers) - same number of speakers as Model S. He refused to confirm anything including the heated steering wheel and rear seat heaters. So fingers crossed that the rumors turn out to be true.:)

I just installed my new winter tires/rims without the TPMS. Those babies are $125/tire so over $500 for the set. Very expensive. Anyways the car runs just fine without it. A little exclamation mark shows up on the screen but thats it. I plan to keep an eye on the air pressure but I've never had sensors on any of my winter tires for other cars in the past.

I just installed my new winter tires/rims without the TPMS. Those babies are $125/tire so over $500 for the set. Very expensive. Anyways the car runs just fine without it. A little exclamation mark shows up on the screen but thats it. I plan to keep an eye on the air pressure but I've never had sensors on any of my winter tires for other cars in the past.
Makes sense. Is there another error on the bottom left corner that says sensor fault or something? These tpms are too expensive. I actually wanted to know if i put my winter tires on the 18inch aero wheels that comes with the car it should just work right? You need new tpms only if you are using an aftermarket rims/ wheels right?

Opinions from the folks on here:

With the recent change to the EV tax credits and it being changed from a credit to now being refundable, do you believe it is a good idea to have your order delayed until 1/1/22? Also, anyone here have an order delayed on purpose and what was the process like?
Nothing is changed yet and it’s a toss up if it’ll even happen this year. Contact your SA if you get a VIN and want to hold delivery.

Makes sense. Is there another error on the bottom left corner that says sensor fault or something? These tpms are too expensive. I actually wanted to know if i put my winter tires on the 18inch aero wheels that comes with the car it should just work right? You need new tpms only if you are using an aftermarket rims/ wheels right?
I don't understand how you can afford pay for $58K for passenger car and have a problem to buy $500 sensors!!! 🤣

Reactions: Ther0ck

Yes I'm pretty sure you're right. If you use your existing rims and just put the new winter tires on them you'll be good.

Reactions: amit_gunner
I don't understand how you can afford pay for $58K for passenger car and have a problem to buy $500 sensors!!! 🤣

Well lets see it's not just a 58K car. I got the LR myself so it was 72K with tax. But many people had other expenses as well like

-Electrical retrofitting, PPF, Graphene Coating, Window Tints, brake calliper painting, winter tires/ custom rims, floor mats/frunk cover

Where do you draw the line? $500 is a bit steep for something you don't really need. The car runs just find without the sensors. If you're a bit low on cash there's no reason to leave those behind for a few months in the winter. Each person has to decide just how much they can afford.

Last edited:
Well lets see it's not just a 58K car. I got the LR myself so it was 72K with tax. But many people had other expenses as well like

-Electrical retrofitting, PPF, Graphene Coating, Window Tints, brake calliper painting, winter tires/ custom rims, floor mats/frunk cover

Where do you draw the line? $500 is a bit steep for something you don't really need. The car runs just find without the sensors. If you're a bit low on cash there's no reason to leave those behind for a few months in the winter. Each person has to decide just how much they can afford.
You are right - the major problem a little bit low of cash🤣👍

2021 will not have LFP battery, my SA confirmed when my VIN landed (which is good for me, I don't want LFP -- cold climate).
I'm confused - I talked to the manager at a Tesla store today, and she told me that from now on, Model 3 (what used to be Model 3 SR+) will *only* ship with the LFP battery pack. I wanted the nickel based pack, (gets cold here too) and she sad "no way. We're selling model 3s as fast as we make them, and all of them now have the LFP packs." ??
I got my vin number last night, and I'm going to delay until after the first of the year, unless the "Build Back Better" legislation completely dies.
My preference would be to upgrade to a silver, Model 3 LR (which does still have the nickel pack), at prices from back in Aug when I ordered, and delivered soon after the beginning of the year. But, I'm kind of used to having my cake and eating it too. :)

I'm confused - I talked to the manager at a Tesla store today, and she told me that from now on, Model 3 (what used to be Model 3 SR+) will *only* ship with the LFP battery pack. I wanted the nickel based pack, (gets cold here too) and she sad "no way. We're selling model 3s as fast as we make them, and all of them now have the LFP packs." ??
I got my vin number last night, and I'm going to delay until after the first of the year, unless the "Build Back Better" legislation completely dies.
My preference would be to upgrade to a silver, Model 3 LR (which does still have the nickel pack), at prices from back in Aug when I ordered, and delivered soon after the beginning of the year. But, I'm kind of used to having my cake and eating it too. :)
2022 VINs do have the LFP batteries. There are a mix of 2021 and 2022 being delivered right now because of shipping distance, etc.

If you look at deliveries from the last month or so their are plenty of posts showing the lfp with upgraded rims interior etc not arguing just telling you what I've read
Sure, it's not like there was only one variant of LFP vehicle shipped over, also not like they couldn't be modified after landing in the US.

Also, vehicles with 2022 have started being delivered, so yeah, lots of reasons you may be seeing what you're seeing.

Can I ask why you don’t want LFP battery?