Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:( Man, I know I should be more patient, but it's been 2 weeks to the day since I made the order. I assumed my day 1 reservation, would maybe count for something but right now, talked to sales again - no info, no VIN, no phone call.

The absence of communication makes the waiting hard, the sales guy told me they have nothing to look at to see how an order is progressing. Did tell me VINs are usually assigned overnight, and they find out in the morning (along with the customer).

This is more of a gripe post...just wish they could tell me, we're working on it!

Can you explain what this means? Do you need to provide proof of (future) insurance coverage, even before you get the car? What does this document look like? I haven't switched or bought new car insurance policies in over a decade so I honestly don't know what the procedure is.

You need to provide a copy of your actual insurance car (like a copy of the car). I found this a couple of days later after making my reservation and I upload it right away, after that I didn't have the option to edit the design anymore.

:( Man, I know I should be more patient, but it's been 2 weeks to the day since I made the order. I assumed my day 1 reservation, would maybe count for something but right now, talked to sales again - no info, no VIN, no phone call.

The absence of communication makes the waiting hard, the sales guy told me they have nothing to look at to see how an order is progressing. Did tell me VINs are usually assigned overnight, and they find out in the morning (along with the customer).

This is more of a gripe post...just wish they could tell me, we're working on it!

I hear you. I’m feeling the same way. My guess is it will before the end of the month to support 1Q earnings.

Reactions: tiggerlu
I hear you. I’m feeling the same way. My guess is it will before the end of the month to support 1Q earnings.

I've been so excited last 2 weeks, even did a reno on my garage to welcome home my baby lol. You got SR+ with white interior as well right?

It seems anecdotally that it's a factor, but who knows - I'm sure in 2-3 weeks we'll be driving around happy, but right now it's a tough wait. Thanks for the reply, good to know I'm not alone!

Just got off the phone with a sales rep regarding inventory MR/LR for discounts on paint/wheel, he said they aren't offering discounts anymore as of today. :(

Have to talk to the right person. They're $3000 off for 2018's. Problem I'm having is black is it for me, and thankfully it's $0. They have no black MR's unless i pay the $2000 shipping from somewhere else. They have white, but then i'm spending $2000, this saving $1000 but on a color I don't like.

Tuesday of this week (today is Friday 3/15) was my "delivered within 2 weeks" date. I called, no idea of anything on my car. They just said, "We're not sure of when any of them will be ready, you just have to wait until you get a call." Good thing I sold my current car last week in preparation. Trying to be patient!

Anyone with an SR+ been able to turn on fog lights? It's listed on the Tesla site as part of the SR+ partial premium interior but I can't find it (someone else mentioned that on the LR it's in the light settings - if so then I can confirm it's not there in the SR+ light settings menu).

Have to talk to the right person. They're $3000 off for 2018's. Problem I'm having is black is it for me, and thankfully it's $0. They have no black MR's unless i pay the $2000 shipping from somewhere else. They have white, but then i'm spending $2000, this saving $1000 but on a color I don't like.

Tuesday of this week (today is Friday 3/15) was my "delivered within 2 weeks" date. I called, no idea of anything on my car. They just said, "We're not sure of when any of them will be ready, you just have to wait until you get a call." Good thing I sold my current car last week in preparation. Trying to be patient!

I’m in the same boat and I even upgraded to the mid range in hopes of getting it on time. I’m selling my current car as I’m getting full asking price but not having a solid estimate is bs. Every rep says something else. I got offered $7000 off on a dual motor awd black on white with full driving capability. Car is a demo with some miles. Still more than I want to pay though

• Informative
Reactions: tiggerlu and Scott7
Anyone with an SR+ been able to turn on fog lights? It's listed on the Tesla site as part of the SR+ partial premium interior but I can't find it (someone else mentioned that on the LR it's in the light settings - if so then I can confirm it's not there in the SR+ light settings menu).

Should be in your Quick Controls menu:

upload_2019-3-15_14-10-36.png

No, I have an LR. But I see Fog Lights in the SR+ Partial Premium Interior description, so if you're missing it, I hope it's a software fluke they need to address. Does your car physically have the fog lights installed?

There are what i'd call white-colored parking lights within the bumper..but they are definitely not fog lights. Hoping it's also a software thing (I was actually hoping it would show up after I updated the software but still no-go).