Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a table that shows options by trim level after Tesla decided to make SR a software limited version of SR+. Also, see my summary here.

b3L36iH.png

Last edited:
Question for those going for the SR (not SR+)...

I went to a dealer and my rep successfully made the price adjustments for SR black + black, NO autopilot.

However, in my Tesla Account page, I see that AP shows up as included, and therefore cannot add AP.

A) Is this a glitch? Is AP included or NOT included? If not included, do I need to contact my rep to add?
B) If I click on "get FSD", will I get AP and FSD for $5000 USD?

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2019-04-21 23.29.01.png
    スクリーンショット 2019-04-21 23.29.01.png
    472.9 KB · Views: 86
Question for those going for the SR (not SR+)...

I went to a dealer and my rep successfully made the price adjustments for SR black + black, NO autopilot.

However, in my Tesla Account page, I see that AP shows up as included, and therefore cannot add AP.

A) Is this a glitch? Is AP included or NOT included? If not included, do I need to contact my rep to add?
B) If I click on "get FSD", will I get AP and FSD for $5000 USD?

My SR- I picked up yesterday came with everything the SR+ has, including an immersive sound option, and disabled fog lights. Same range too. Even the window sticker and car info screen says SR+.
Don't be surprised, that they remove the added software features.
I am going to downgrade my order today because it's a nice savings. I am prepared that they will lock down the added features but they can't take the leather seats from me.
One of the major choices for me , to go-to the SR+ was because of the seats.
I am feeling a little misled now, cuz did the sales rep upsell me and very well knew, the car would include leather seats.
Since Saturday, I've discovered by talking to different reps, that in fact an email was sent out explaining these changes.
I am considering not even adding AP, because it's a stripped down version.
If my delivery takes too long, given the poor quality paint I've been hearing about , I might even move on because things are not going as smooth as I expected.
This will most likely be the last new car I will buy as I am not a rich person person.
The longer it takes before I receive my car might not be beneficial for Tesla, unfortunately.

Based on Tesla's announcement and the feature breakdowns like Troy has provided, I was under the impression that today someone could order a SR off-menu, and get roughly what we understand to be a software-limited version of the SR+.

I just spoke in person to my local Tesla rep and heard a different story - that the software-limited version is only for the folks who originally ordered the SR. It is not possible to currently order a $35,000 SR vehicle. The only option they gave me as an off-menu change would be to order the SR+ vehicle and have autopilot removed, lowering the price down to either $36500 or $37000 (I forget; it would depend on whether they value AP at $3K or $2.5K in this case). But you can't get anything other than a SR+ vehicle.

I understand various reps have different info, so you can take this with a grain of salt. Just thought I'd share. I went in with the intention of possibly ordering a $35K SR and was told that I couldn't.

Based on Tesla's announcement and the feature breakdowns like Troy has provided, I was under the impression that today someone could order a SR off-menu, and get roughly what we understand to be a software-limited version of the SR+.

I just spoke in person to my local Tesla rep and heard a different story - that the software-limited version is only for the folks who originally ordered the SR. It is not possible to currently order a $35,000 SR vehicle. The only option they gave me as an off-menu change would be to order the SR+ vehicle and have autopilot removed, lowering the price down to either $36500 or $37000 (I forget; it would depend on whether they value AP at $3K or $2.5K in this case). But you can't get anything other than a SR+ vehicle.

I understand various reps have different info, so you can take this with a grain of salt. Just thought I'd share. I went in with the intention of possibly ordering a $35K SR and was told that I couldn't.
They just make it up on the fly. Elon reconfirmed during AI conference and Shareholders Q1 that anyone can order the SR. Nothing to do if you had already ordered it at some made up date. Call them on the sales number and keep calling until you get the answer you want.

That's not true. My brother and I walked into Tesla store and I picked up a Sr+ and he picked up his sr-. They were inventory cars. Both ours are identical currently but maybe software well differentiate things eventually. Although, he is thinking about not updating software ever since he didn't pay for autopilot anyways. This way he can keep the heated seats, fog lights, immersive sound which sucks anyways

That's not true. My brother and I walked into Tesla store and I picked up a Sr+ and he picked up his sr-. They were inventory cars. Both ours are identical currently but maybe software well differentiate things eventually. Although, he is thinking about not updating software ever since he didn't pay for autopilot anyways. This way he can keep the heated seats, fog lights, immersive sound which sucks anyways
I guess the SR didnt come with cloth seats. Lol