Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't agree more as someone who works in a company with our own manufacturing facilities in the US. The stresses that I have seen the operations people go through is amazing when we have our sales spike especially for new products for which the assembly lines are not yet at max efficiency and still have some (technical and operational) issues.

One way Tesla could really help their sales people out is to have better explanations on the website. I'm not even talking about functional changes just better explanatory text. There are so many simple questions about the order / delivery process that we end up having to nag an already swamped sales force for that could just as easily be explained either on the order page or a FAQ. It would help everyone.

I hope it is never over :). I would hope they know that it is a good thing that that they are busy.

Right but after December 31st I'm guessing we're going to see ordering and delivery really level out as there is no incentive to get the car by a specific date. This will make the process much less stressful. As it is, this month and December of this year are going to be hell for customers and employees.

Ordered ours on 06/02 and I’m trying not to bug the person that helped us about the VIN daily.

Not sure if the View Source on Chrome is still working but I’ve used that several times to check instead of calling but still no “EncodedVIN”.

What’s concerning me is that it states Min: July in the View Source but our Tesla Contqct said we are likely to get the VIN this week.

I know I’m being impatient but I’m just also excited.

Based on my math, given SR+ people that ordered on 6/1 got their VIN yesterday, I should get mine in the next day or so. Putting me frighteningly close to the deadline.

However just saw that over 5000 new VINs about 56% of which are SR+ were just registered

Ordered ours on 06/02 and I’m trying not to bug the person that helped us about the VIN daily.

Not sure if the View Source on Chrome is still working but I’ve used that several times to check instead of calling but still no “EncodedVIN”.

What’s concerning me is that it states Min: July in the View Source but our Tesla Contqct said we are likely to get the VIN this week.

I know I’m being impatient but I’m just also excited.
Source still works. I saw the VIN yesterday in the source code. Got the text today. Just search for 5YJ

I caved. I decided to grab the bird in the hand so I called my sales guy and told him to switch me to one of the cars in 'existing inventory'.

So now I'm in a strange situation:
1) My account shows the SPECS for the inventoried car.
2) It no longer shows up in existing inventory.
3) I still don't show a VIN!!!
4) My trade in payoff still shows as pending as it has for the last week even though I entered it when defining the trade in and it showed up at first.
5) My loan still shows the trade in value but no payoff value so it is way off.

In his email he told me to please complete the checkout process.

But I'm not sure what to do. There is no place to add the payoff amount so do I delete the trade in and re-add it?
Do I re-submit my credit app?

I asked him these questions in my response but have not heard back. Hopefully, everything will work out. If not, I guess I'll have to try again in December as there is no way I can start over from scratch and possibly make the 30th of June.

I was reached out to their customer service depot via the Tesla site Chat and they were able to confirm that we have a VIN as of today. Called our local branch and they confirmed the VIN but they can’t give us a delivery date yet until it arrives at our delivery location. They said the VIN will not show up on our account until it arrives there.

But I was able to see the VIN through the source by searching for “5YJ” instead of “EncodedVIN”. Thanks for the tip!

Source still works. I saw the VIN yesterday in the source code. Got the text today. Just search for 5YJ

Last night I saw an SR+ black / 19" / FSD listed as existing inventory at my location. I was so close to cancelling my current order and grabbing that one. This morning it was gone. Still no VIN. My sales guy was off yesterday so I couldn't get a simple question answered which is can I transfer my downpayment from an existing order to a new one or do I have to cancel my existing order and start a new one from scratch?

Yes...the inventory cars sell pretty quick in my part of town. Only 2 SR+ have been listed in the last 3-4 weeks and they both lasted a few hours at the most. I missed one and jumped on the next one the minute I saw it. The Performance model tends to linger longer in inventory (for obvious reasons) but the LR AWD also are selling quickly.

To answer your question, when the SR+ Blue/White/19 popped up, I immediately put down a deposit. I already had a deposit on a custom order but I didn't want to miss out. I contacted Tesla through chat the next morning to cancel the original order. They credited the $2500 back to my AMEX two days later. If you see an inventory car that you want, my advice is not to wait.

It is primarily dependent on your configuration, as Tesla build certain specs in batches for operational efficiency and then ships them out. For example, 2 days ago the east coast got a large shipment of Red/Black/Aero/SR+.

Agreed, they definitely seem to appear in batches. Just this last weekend, SIX White/White LR AWD popped up in local inventory. I have also been seeing a LOT of black cars arriving in inventory in the last few weeks.

I caved. I decided to grab the bird in the hand so I called my sales guy and told him to switch me to one of the cars in 'existing inventory'.

So now I'm in a strange situation:
1) My account shows the SPECS for the inventoried car.
2) It no longer shows up in existing inventory.
3) I still don't show a VIN!!!
4) My trade in payoff still shows as pending as it has for the last week even though I entered it when defining the trade in and it showed up at first.
5) My loan still shows the trade in value but no payoff value so it is way off.

In his email he told me to please complete the checkout process.

But I'm not sure what to do. There is no place to add the payoff amount so do I delete the trade in and re-add it?
Do I re-submit my credit app?

I asked him these questions in my response but have not heard back. Hopefully, everything will work out. If not, I guess I'll have to try again in December as there is no way I can start over from scratch and possibly make the 30th of June.

Don't worry about the VIN no longer showing up on your "Manage" page. I bought my SR+ from inventory and had the VIN clearly displayed on the listing. Then, after I reserved the car, the VIN did not show back up in my account until after I had completed the Delivery Steps. I was then sent a text message to choose an appointment time. As soon as I selected my Delivery appointment, VOILA the VIN immediately appeared back in my account page.

I called the store I’m picking up from and they said that the truck is coming in on 6/27 and asked me to move to 6/28 to make sure they have time for their inspection.

The more I have time to think about it the worse this extra 2 week wait is getting. Does it really take over 2 weeks to get to MD from CA?