Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m setting the bar high for Tesla. Their website continues to state delivery within two weeks. I made a financial decision based upon both that guidance and a tesla advisor saying that my order must be in by June 8 - I did my part!

Still looking forward to it.... can’t wait. Even the extra debt hasn’t got me down...

Hey Tesla team - free slushees from this group if you get our cars before 6/30!

Just a note for those trading a car in as I did for my model 3 SR, Tesla offered me 15k for my BMW 2014 5 series, carmax offered me 16k and carvanna offered me 17.1k Tesla says they will match carmax but not any other dealer.

That's interesting, certain cars must be targeted, Im trading in a 2015 Q50, Carvana offered me $9,500, Tesla offered me $12,100. I'm going to visit CarMax tonight, it'll be interesting to see what they say.

On 6/7/19, ordered a Tesla Model 3 SR+, basic black, standard everything with no other extras, no trade-in, to be delivered to South Seattle.

It'll arrive Saturday 6/15/19. That is a LOT faster than I thought it would be.

I placed my order 6/6 SR+ no options, black/black/aero - Im in Charlotte. Have a trade in, nothing has moved in my account since I ordered. You had a great turn-around time.

On 6/7/19, ordered a Tesla Model 3 SR+, basic black, standard everything with no other extras, no trade-in, to be delivered to South Seattle.

It'll arrive Saturday 6/15/19. That is a LOT faster than I thought it would be.
That is positively warp speed compared to most people in this group. I ordered mine three days earlier and still do not have a vin. Where is your delivery point?

Just got a delivery date on my third change. Initially ordered MSM on 6/4, changed to Blue on 6/7 or so. Last night I saw a Red in inventory and ordered that one. In the process of cancelling the order for the blue and have a delivery date of 6/22 for the Red one.

Apparently it was still in California, but assigned to the Mt Kisko NY location. They are transporting it to Mt Kisko, then to the location near me in Springfield NJ, hence the lengthy delivery time frame. They did say it could be sooner, but now its just a waiting game.

• Disagree
Reactions: 413jreese
Seems to be location dependent. Same configuration with a 6/1 order date on the East Coast and I have a delivery date of 6/28. I have a VIN so I'm guessing it's a logistics issue.

Ordered 6/4 with "Estimated delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date". Still no VIN, delivery date or MVPA. I am in Mississippi, but will pick up car in Nashville as there is no Tesla store in my state. The only update the Delivery Advisor will provide me is "Still waiting. Hang in there!"

Really wish there was more communication about where I am currently in the process of getting my car. Here is hoping some progress will be made in the next couple of days, but seems unlikely I will receive a VIN and the car will make it all the way to Nashville in the next 6 days.

Ordered 6/4 with "Estimated delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date". Still no VIN, delivery date or MVPA. I am in Mississippi, but will pick up car in Nashville as there is no Tesla store in my state. The only update the Delivery Advisor will provide me is "Still waiting. Hang in there!"

Really wish there was more communication about where I am currently in the process of getting my car. Here is hoping some progress will be made in the next couple of days, but seems unlikely I will receive a VIN and the car will make it all the way to Nashville in the next 6 days.

The one thing I experienced is until you have a VIN, it is very difficult to get any communication. Once you do, things can move very quickly. Don't rule out swapping to existing inventory if there is anything available in your area that fits your needs / budget. That's what I did because I was very concerned that I would not get it on time.

Congrats, Potpourri, on such a quick delivery date! You're lucky! I ordered 2 days before you and still haven't gotten a VIN. You're closer than me though.

Does it seem odd that they aren't filling orders in the order they came in? Especially knowing people are trying to get this tax credit before it's cut in half. Just seems more logical (not to mention fair) to fill them in order. But, as I'm always telling my kids, life isn't fair. LOL