Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 420445 View attachment 420444 Picked mine up on Saturday in Toronto. 43 days since order was placed worth the wait for white interior. What an amazing car. So happy. Hang in there everyone!View attachment 420443

Nice car! I hope you guys realize that those of us who waited months, year/s after placing a deposit, laugh to ourselves when we see posts where people think a month or bunch of weeks is a long wait. :p And yes, we do agree it was worth the wait once you get behind the wheel and get to drive it every day.

• Love
Reactions: Mansley
so i finally got my loan approved and i ended up getting MVPA from Tesla which shocked me bc i'm still a week away from my delivery date. i put downpayment through ACH and now i just need to get loan amount through. wow, this is really happening!! :) i am just kind of paranoid about getting it all done in time before the delivery. i really want to make sure i don't miss the cutoff before the tax credit is reduced

Believe me Tesla really wants to make it happen for this quarter too. It's exciting to see so many of you getting delivery dates and I remember that feeling of anticipation of the big day. Had mine for 9 months now. Definitely no regrets with my choice.

Nice car! I hope you guys realize that those of us who waited months, year/s after placing a deposit, laugh to ourselves when we see posts where people think a month or bunch of weeks is a long wait. :p And yes, we do agree it was worth the wait once you get behind the wheel and get to drive it every day.

I know, I know! My wife and I couldn’t believe how impatient we were.

Definitely a first world problem (oh no my Tesla isn’t being delivered in 2-4 weeks like they said it would).

It is so much fun to drive and the white seats catch everyone’s attention. Glad to be part of the club. In a week we’ve already had 2 friends order with a referral code!

Just got my debit date for Tuesday. I'm excited but then I'm going to have it Ceramic coated which means immediately letting go of it for three more days.

Congrats, Tuesday will suddenly be there. It will be worth waiting to drive for the ceramic. So much easier to clean and stays nice and shiny.

In case you don’t know, I’ll mention that only PPF (clearbra film) will help protect the paint from rock chips and door dings and such. Two different products with different aspects of paint protection.

• Helpful
Reactions: sweetneet
Please forgive me if this has been answered, I took a look through a bunch of the discussion here and could not find an answer.

I’ve been dragging my feet on making a decision between the SR+ vs SR. The indecisiveness has put me up next to the tax credit wire. A local-ish dealer has my ideal configuration according to EV-CPO but it is listed as SR+. Could I buy an inventory car at the SR price or are they “locked” into the Plus configuration?

Congrats, Tuesday will suddenly be there. It will be worth waiting to drive for the ceramic. So much easier to clean and stays nice and shiny.

In case you don’t know, I’ll mention that only PPF (clearbra film) will help protect the paint from rock chips and door dings and such. Two different products with different aspects of paint protection.

I looked at that. Unfortunately outside my current budget. My plan B was to wrap it after a few years if I can afford. I need to do more research though.

Picked up my car on Wednesday. Except for a charger issue that was causing the car to charge at half the 32A rate through a NEMA 14/50 plug everything else has been working great so far.

Good to luck to those who are still waiting and be sure to check the charger at the delivery center before you leave to save a trip back.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine is going to be delivered on Friday, 6/28. Will add this as part of the checklist.

upload_2019-6-23_15-5-33.png

I looked at that. Unfortunately outside my current budget. My plan B was to wrap it after a few years if I can afford. I need to do more research though.

You can wrap certain parts of it too like the hood where you are likely to get more rock chips and always add more sections of your car later if you see the need and feel it’s worth it to you.

Should also point out you can easily put ceramic over PPF but not so much the other way around. Ask your detailer about it ahead of time. Just like if you are in a state that issues HOV stickers to be mounted on the car. Stickers need to go on first (you can have them applied to cutouts of PPF so they can removed later more easily) otherwise the ceramic gives a pretty slick surface to try to put anything on (ie badging too) and your detailer will have to try to remove the ceramic to get good adhesion.

Reactions: djroberts
Please forgive me if this has been answered, I took a look through a bunch of the discussion here and could not find an answer.

I’ve been dragging my feet on making a decision between the SR+ vs SR. The indecisiveness has put me up next to the tax credit wire. A local-ish dealer has my ideal configuration according to EV-CPO but it is listed as SR+. Could I buy an inventory car at the SR price or are they “locked” into the Plus configuration?

There are threads on here about taking it down to a SR and know they started doing that for people who ordered a SR, not a SR+. Not sure how that is working or if they are still doing.

You can wrap certain parts of it too like the hood where you are likely to get more rock chips and always add more sections of your car later if you see the need and feel it’s worth it to you.

Should also point out you can easily put ceramic over PPF but not so much the other way around. Ask your detailer about it ahead of time. Just like if you are in a state that issues HOV stickers to be mounted on the car. Stickers need to go on first (you can have them applied to cutouts of PPF so they can removed later more easily) otherwise the ceramic gives a pretty slick surface to try to put anything on (ie badging too) and your detailer will have to try to remove the ceramic to get good adhesion.

Good points. Is there a PPF that is the best/ has features of cermaic. Trying to minimize labor costs.

I also like the matte black look posted earlier and got a $2.5K complete car quote for it.

this is helpful...i read this elsewhere too - ceramic only protects against UV, chemicals etc and makes it easier to clean, ppf is for preventing scratches. i think i want to get both, if only one then PPF (i think i could just deal with washing it everyday). i'm looking into local places now to get these done so i can be prepared for when car is delivered Friday- how long does it typically take to do PPF and ceramic?

this is helpful...i read this elsewhere too - ceramic only protects against UV, chemicals etc and makes it easier to clean, ppf is for preventing scratches. i think i want to get both, if only one then PPF (i think i could just deal with washing it everyday). i'm looking into local places now to get these done so i can be prepared for when car is delivered Friday- how long does it typically take to do PPF and ceramic?

Depends on your detailer schedule, the weather and how much coverage you opt for, do so hard to say. Went with a full wrap (edges wrapped where possible) and then ceramic pro on my Model 3. Forgot what level ceramic (# of coats). Ceramic can’t get wet for a few days. I think our car was basically at the detailer for about a week. My husband had PPF added when he picked up his MS back in 2017. Decided he liked the ceramic on my car so had it coated a few months ago so it is something they can do afterwards. Needs to be prepped for it but still doable.

• Helpful
Reactions: sweetneet
Depends on your detailer schedule, the weather and how much coverage you opt for, do so hard to say. Went with a full wrap (edges wrapped where possible) and then ceramic pro on my Model 3. Forgot what level ceramic (# of coats). Ceramic can’t get wet for a few days. I think our car was basically at the detailer for about a week. My husband had PPF added when he picked up his MS back in 2017. Decided he liked the ceramic on my car so had it coated a few months ago so it is something they can do afterwards. Needs to be prepped for it but still doable.

I'm going with the best I can afford here in San Diego. I'm budgeting for what they call level 2 paint correction (just-in-case) and two layers for $1k. I'm thinking that after 4-5 years I can vinyl wrap it to a new color if I choose to keep the car.

I waffled back and forth on the actual order date, and our provincial government just went and cut back the rebates by a few thousand, because too many people where buying. Literally happened the day before I made my order (this past saturday). Needless to say, the scheduled delivery on this coming Thursday made up for the annoyance of a few K lost.

Settled on a blue SR+ with sports rims... ALMOST ordered black, but my mind went nuts on the upkeep, and that was just on the thought of it. Real car would probably have killed me. But I didn't want white this time... go figure.

So excited!!

wow so great folks are getting speedy deliveries!!

my delivery is scheduled for Friday 6/28 and i'm on pins and needles. my downpayment has gone thru and i was given MVPA to sign but my credit union still has to put through the loan amount as they are waiting for some letter of guarantee from tesla on the title. i wonder how far ahead of delivery do all the payments have to have cleared - is it 3-4 days? i'm in Texas and getting home delivery. my husband is saying that the payment has to be all gone thru before it's loaded on a truck which would be several days before delivery and so he is paranoid it won't go through in time. trying my best not to worry too much but it's very difficult :) it is going to be a very long week.