Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to know too. I asked @ delivery and said approx $4.5K. That might be their demand lever for Q3/4

Lol definitely was. SR is still available for $35,400. Not for long though I heard

SR+ was only $2,000 more than SR when it first came out without Autopilot

Cost to upgrade should be less now tbh since there is no standard interior/cloth seats

Ordered a grey SR+ yesterday in the Vancouver, BC area - taking advantage of 8k in incentives. No options other than the grey colour, otherwise I would exceed the price cap for the incentives.

Any ballpark estimate of when it'll be delivered? I'm shaking with excitement.

Also I clicked Accept on my trade-in offer and now I can't upload my registration anymore... probably have to email someone about this.

Odd. When I ordered my car, I ordered the blue color, and the upgraded 19" rims, and still got the 8k rebate. I was told it was based on the base you ordered. aka ANY SR+ got the 8k rebate (Federal and Provincial), the LR AWD and Performance got only the 5k (Provincial).

If you haven't already taken delivery, and only decided against other upgrades on the SR+ model because of the rebates, I would call your sales rep (or email, as I was told to do) and get some clarification. It would suck if you missed out on a feature because of misinformation.

GL, whatever you do. I got my SR+ 2+ weeks ago, and am absolutely LOVING the car. I drove my mother in law's civic today, and it was positively dreadful. Like I was counting down the minutes till I could get out of it. This car has ruined me for ICE cars...

(BTW, from Maple Ridge. Be prepared for a madhouse on delivery day.... its craaazzzyyy. Like a freakin assembly line at times.)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Tip to anyone still waiting for your car delivery, and trying to get all your ducks in a row. I wasn't told this beforehand by anyone, but Tesla rotates their VINs... so on delivery day, they might swap VIN's around to make sure people get into their color and spec quicker. I had my insurance prepaid and done on delivery day, and then had to get my insurance rep to change the VIN on the papers and email them over to complete delivery. Made for a huge pain, and in the end it would probably have been quicker just using their in house insurance rep.

I think what happens is they issue you a VIN right away based on production at the time, but because the biggest differences in vehicle is SR+ or LR and color, they can get stock in that's technically unspoken for, and then just swap VINs on delivery if a car matching your spec is in, and not specifically the VIN produced when your order goes through.

Anyways, be prepared. The VIN you have on the website could very well NOT be the VIN you end up with.

Tip to anyone still waiting for your car delivery, and trying to get all your ducks in a row. I wasn't told this beforehand by anyone, but Tesla rotates their VINs... so on delivery day, they might swap VIN's around to make sure people get into their color and spec quicker. I had my insurance prepaid and done on delivery day, and then had to get my insurance rep to change the VIN on the papers and email them over to complete delivery. Made for a huge pain, and in the end it would probably have been quicker just using their in house insurance rep.

I think what happens is they issue you a VIN right away based on production at the time, but because the biggest differences in vehicle is SR+ or LR and color, they can get stock in that's technically unspoken for, and then just swap VINs on delivery if a car matching your spec is in, and not specifically the VIN produced when your order goes through.

Anyways, be prepared. The VIN you have on the website could very well NOT be the VIN you end up with.

Noted, thank you for the information!

Reactions: Ragnarkov
June 20 - Ordered
June 24 - Matched with car, system assigned me delivery for June 26 and would forfeit if I could not take it within 48h
Could not take delivery that week so I was unassigned that VIN
June 27 - Reconfigured vehicle to Aero wheels
July 6 - No status changes since then however today I noticed hidden VIN in source code, so assuming I will be hearing from someone at Tesla on arranging my pick up soon?

SR+ White/Black/18"/no-FSD in Toronto

I was told SR is now $35,900?

Ya one guy in here said that a few weeks ago. I asked a guy at Tesla Canoga Park last weekend what the price of SR currently was and he said $35,400

Maybe he was wrong...

Just waiting for Tesla to offer SR+ upgrade to SR owners and what the price to upgrade will be

I will make my decision once that info comes out. And after the possible price adjustment to offset tax credit reduction....