Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like driving in -20C with the ABRP map seems to show that I'll be totally fine. I tried Bromont, Jay Peak and Mont Tremblant and all is fine.
In the summer it all seems ok so I really hope that SR+ will not bite me back. I guess in the worst case I will sell it in a year or so and then get Model Y in AWD. :) I might even get lucky and get another rebate so the rebate I got on the 3 might cover the depreciation. We shall see. :)
It would be sweet though :)

Check out ABetterRoutePlanner. It will map out your route with supercharger spots based on distance of route, speed of the road you’ll be on, and elevation changes. Then you can adjust things like references watt/mile (though it’s pre-populated number is fairly accurate and maybe even a little conservative), amount of reference speed (110% would be 10% faster then the post speed for any given section of roadway), if there is a headwind or tailwind, and temperatures. (I’m addition you can add if there is rain or snow on the roadway but you’ll probably have winter tires if traveling in the snow, etc.)

From my understanding those models were created from real world data from Model 3s driving around. That might give you some more clarity if the SR+ will work for you.

Ordered 7/03. Red/Black. VIN was 400xxx.

Just checked my acccount and VIN disappeared. New date of sept. 12, 2019. I hope that’s a bug

Quick update. Manage to talk with a guy from corporate (not delivery center). He told me the sept date was weird and indeed a bug. Reverted the date back to July 31st and also took care of another pending issue with financing.

Saw some SR’s going northbound on the 405 in Portland.
CFBF958F-BBE9-4FCA-B1FC-18AA25453959.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: malou
I ordered a white SR+ on July 19th.

My sales rep marked me ineligable to get a VIN until july 29th due to new WA state sales tax rebate legislation.

Today, on the 30th I received a text that my car was in transit to Bellevue and I could schedule delivery.

I scheduled for Aug 2nd (exactly two weeks) but a few hours later my sales rep emailed me and informed me that they needed a couple extra days to sort out the delivery/purchase paperwork to take advantage of the sales tax rebate.

Starting Aug 1st, 2019 the state will allow a tax rebate of up to $2500 on new EV sales. I'm guessing their first deliveries on/after August 1st all have to be re-done since the tax rebate isn't systemic in their purchasing system.

Oh well, I guess waiting a few extra days to save a couple grand is worth it... ;)

Reactions: malou
I ordered a white SR+ on July 19th.

My sales rep marked me ineligable to get a VIN until july 29th due to new WA state sales tax rebate legislation.

Today, on the 30th I received a text that my car was in transit to Bellevue and I could schedule delivery.

I scheduled for Aug 2nd (exactly two weeks) but a few hours later my sales rep emailed me and informed me that they needed a couple extra days to sort out the delivery/purchase paperwork to take advantage of the sales tax rebate.

Starting Aug 1st, 2019 the state will allow a tax rebate of up to $2500 on new EV sales. I'm guessing their first deliveries on/after August 1st all have to be re-done since the tax rebate isn't systemic in their purchasing system.

Oh well, I guess waiting a few extra days to save a couple grand is worth it... ;)

I'm in exactly the same boat. Ineligible to get a VIN until after August for tax credit reasons and the Tesla rep mentioned that they'd need until around August 5th to sort out the paper work. I go on vacation for a week on August 6th so I'm planning on taking delivery when I get back.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Ineligible to get a VIN until after August for tax credit reasons and the Tesla rep mentioned that they'd need until around August 5th to sort out the paper work. I go on vacation for a week on August 6th so I'm planning on taking delivery when I get back.

Hmmm... I already have a VIN, but I’m not submitting final payment or taking delivery or anything until after August 1st. My car was already transported from Portland to Seattle... I wonder if I screwed myself by asking to be matched with a car already....

Hmmm... I already have a VIN, but I’m not submitting final payment or taking delivery or anything until after August 1st. My car was already transported from Portland to Seattle... I wonder if I screwed myself by asking to be matched with a car already....

I think you should be fine as long as you take delivery after a couple days into August. Just make sure you see the tax credit reflected in the final paperwork you sign when taking delivery.

I think you should be fine as long as you take delivery after a couple days into August. Just make sure you see the tax credit reflected in the final paperwork you sign when taking delivery.

I agree, just make sure it's reflected on your paperwork. In my case due to a trade in my sales tax was like $2k, so minus $2500 I expect sales tax to be 0. Unfortunately it doesn't come off some of the fees that get lumped into the same line like RTA tax and Registration/Title fees. Still, paying NO sales tax on a $40k car is a sweet deal.