Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very upset customer! I know my SA has no affect on this, but I am so frustrated. I know some of you ordered way before me have not received a VIN yet, but this is getting ridiculous at this point.

I ordered on 10/27 and received a VIN on 11/27. I was then scheduled for delivery on 12/5 so once my VIN was assigned I submitted my trade in and finished my loan. I got a call today from my SA telling me my delivery date has been pushed to 12/17!!! He said "there is a delay and your car is still in Cali"

I am pretty sure he could sense my frustration since I will have to have my trade-in reevaluated. I told him that I refuse to have it reevaluated and it is not fair for me to lose value when there is a delivery issue on your end. I purposely waited till the last minute to finalize everything because I did not want to have to redo the process, but here we are getting a delay on delivery.

I had to use PTO for work and they only hold the car for three days before letting it go to someone else, which is not fair because people have jobs they have to attend. It is just frustrating and I need to rant. Sorry for everyone who is still waiting. I have not enjoyed my delivery experience with Tesla, but I hope it changes one day when I receive my car.

Very upset customer! I know my SA has no affect on this, but I am so frustrated. I know some of you ordered way before me have not received a VIN yet, but this is getting ridiculous at this point.

I ordered on 10/27 and received a VIN on 11/27. I was then scheduled for delivery on 12/5 so once my VIN was assigned I submitted my trade in and finished my loan. I got a call today from my SA telling me my delivery date has been pushed to 12/17!!! He said "there is a delay and your car is still in Cali"

I am pretty sure he could sense my frustration since I will have to have my trade-in reevaluated. I told him that I refuse to have it reevaluated and it is not fair for me to lose value when there is a delivery issue on your end. I purposely waited till the last minute to finalize everything because I did not want to have to redo the process, but here we are getting a delay on delivery.

I had to use PTO for work and they only hold the car for three days before letting it go to someone else, which is not fair because people have jobs they have to attend. It is just frustrating and I need to rant. Sorry for everyone who is still waiting. I have not enjoyed my delivery experience with Tesla, but I hope it changes one day when I receive my car.

((hugg))

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
I actually think we need a group hug for all of us left here :)
Which appears to be us Californians as of now. I am not too worried, all signs seem to point to a big push in the last two weeks of December for the Bay Area/Central Cali region to get their vehicles.

On another note, how has the first two weeks of your SR+ been treating you? Especially in this recent cold & wet weather.

Finally picking up my car tomorrow at 10am! just in time for the Dec 3 expiration but the excitment trumps the annoyance. Ordered 10/20, SR+ white/white/19" wheels
Sorry but the $2500 rebate ends today and their website is shut down until Dec 4th at the new rebate of $2000....I tried but you need a purchase contract from delivery to make it work today. (someone all ready beat me to it)

Last edited:
Which appears to be us Californians as of now. I am not too worried, all signs seem to point to a big push in the last two weeks of December for the Bay Area/Central Cali region to get their vehicles.

On another note, how has the first two weeks of your SR+ been treating you? Especially in this recent cold & wet weather.
Hi Cligadel,

Well, I decided to let my wife use my car until she gets hers so I haven't drove it except for a couple of miles day after we got it. I think this is part of my frustration as I really want to play with my new toy:mad:. And that is not happening until she gets her car.

But, every night when I get home from work she tells how much she loves the car. That doesn't resolve my problem but it does make me happy she is enjoying it:D.

Oh, and if it's the last two weeks in December that means we won't get hers until March of next year because we leaving out of town for Xmas holidays. Now I'm feeling bummed out again....lol.

Hi Cligadel,

Well, I decided to let my wife use my car until she gets hers so I haven't drove it except for a couple of miles day after we got it. I think this is part of my frustration as I really want to play with my new toy:mad:. And that is not happening until she gets her car.

But, every night when I get home from work she tells how much she loves the car. That doesn't resolve my problem but it does make me happy she is enjoying it:D.

Oh, and if it's the last two weeks in December that means we won't get hers until March of next year because we leaving out of town for Xmas holidays. Now I'm feeling bummed out again....lol.
Awww stink! That would have me so frustrated too. If there was a way you could sign your paperwork electronically and release liability for someone else to drive it home that would be awesome, but I doubt it.

Awww stink! That would have me so frustrated too. If there was a way you could sign your paperwork electronically and release liability for someone else to drive it home that would be awesome, but I doubt it.
Ahhh that is so nice of you to offer :)
I'm just going to leave it in Tesla God's hands and hope for the best. This whole thing is crazy to me. I mean, it seems Tesla is so technically advanced with their cars but just the opposite with their manufacturing/scheduling and communication. I just don't understand how people who placed their orders after someone but get's their car beforehand. Just craaaaaaazy:rolleyes:

Reactions: Cligadel
Ordered a few weeks ago. From the lack of response from 2 different tesla employees, and reading this forum, I'm not positive I'll have the car any time soon. Or worse, they set a delivery date and I'm on vacation.
One guy was responding within minutes to texts and emails, and jumped on the phone a few times... right up until I finalized the order and the last message from him asked me to be ready for "radio silence" till a VIN is assigned.

Hi everyone, just wanted to report my experience from the east coast:

Build: SR+ black/black, aero wheels, no FSD
Order date: 11/1
VIN received: 11/16 (through SA, not through account)
VIN appeared on account: rough estimate, 11/26?
Scheduled delivery: 12/5
Actual delivery: 12/2 in Mt. Kisco, NY

I was on the schedule for 12/5, but on 11/30 I got a call from the delivery location saying “hey, your car is here and we have availability for pickup today - can you come in?” I couldn’t because my insurance company was closed on weekends, but I hustled down today and got it.

I don’t wanna rub salt in the wounds of all you CA guys, but I’m really happy with how my experience turned out so I thought I’d share.