Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what I’m starting to worry about as well. I emailed my SA but i imagine I’ll get back the usual we still plan on having your car available by the EOY

I guess Bay Area people are NOT supposed to take a vacation and drop their lives for TESLA...
They haven't finished Oct delivery and I don't understand how they are thinking they can manage Nov and Dec.
I knew I was going to be on a ride with Tesla, but not this frustrating and thought they would follow through with the Fed deadline.

I just spoke to a DA at the Carlsbad office. They had no idea that Tesla is sending out these Delivery Availability emails. So, it sounds like delivery scheduling is being coordinated at Tesla HQ. I'm guessing VIN will now be assigned in order of availability rather than order date or location.

Has anyone in Northern California gotten these emails? If so, where was your delivery supposed to be taken care of?

I have not, Home Delivery in Santa Clara

Today is 12/17 and we have exactly 2 weeks to EOY. Tesla already has fixed build plan for 2 weeks and orders from CA made between October and early December. There will be no reason to assign VIN and delivery dates if Tesla is able to fulfill all the orders in 2 weeks. I strongly think, Tesla knows that they cannot build enough cars to fulfill all the CA orders so that they are trying to find how many orders will be cancelled and/or not take delivery by EOY. Once they get the numbers, they will give opportunities of taking leftovers to November orders.

That is why Tesla is sending an email to know unavailable dates for delivery to customers made order in October. I think Tesla will send the same email to November orders beginning of next week. So, it is all depends on your luck to get delivery by EOY.

Reactions: bmt1012
Today is 12/17 and we have exactly 2 weeks to EOY. Tesla already has fixed build plan for 2 weeks and orders from CA made between October and early December. There will be no reason to assign VIN and delivery dates if Tesla is able to fulfill all the orders in 2 weeks. I strongly think, Tesla knows that they cannot build enough cars to fulfill all the CA orders so that they are trying to find how many orders will be cancelled and/or not take delivery by EOY. Once they get the numbers, they will give opportunities of taking leftovers to November orders.

That is why Tesla is sending an email to know unavailable dates for delivery to customers made order in October. I think Tesla will send the same email to November orders beginning of next week. So, it is all depends on your luck to get delivery by EOY.
November order here (11/2) and I received the email early this morning, actually. I simply stated that I am available any time.

There she is

BD110DDE-B6F6-4158-99ED-DC18A825F7F4.jpeg

congrats as well! must be so exciting to finally drive away with one. looks like you got a little parking ticket on your wiper there! That must be how they're hurrying up the delivery sessions now. 10min parking for your car starting at signature :rolleyes:

no email asking about delivery dates here. 10/29 order SR blue/black/aero, delivery automatically changed from Fremont to Marin. I haven't bugged my SA, I imagine they're overwhelmed and their response is unlikely to be reliable or informative. I'm starting to research my backup cars again, or possibly getting an inventory car in another state and driving it home.

Has anyone in Northern California gotten these emails? If so, where was your delivery supposed to be taken care of?

I have not, Home Delivery in Santa Clara
I just received the email about Delivery availability dates. I stated I was available any of those dates, as I did not want to hurt my chances of getting the car this year! My details are:
Ordered: 10/31
Delivery Location: Fremont
SR+ White/Black/18/noFSD

I wonder if we could "buy" it at a local/CA store, and thus still get the CA Rebate, and just "transport" it home, instead of "buying" it out of state and missing out. $2k is a pretty nice chunk of change....(and $2,500 would have been nicer)

I didn't realize this... just looked up the eligibility and you're right, purchases out of state do not qualify. I would imagine the only way to make it work would be to have Tesla deliver it which would cost more than the rebate. If you managed to find a cooperative delivery center, I wonder if you could get a car trailer yourself and transport it to a tesla facility in CA like a local service center. When I've worked with out of state dealers before, some submitted paperwork to CA DMV for you and you just got a local temp tag. Tesla facilities may have little patience for that in the Q4 crunch though.