Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody got a VIN in source but hasn't got the text to schedule delivery? I got my VIN last night, but I haven't got any text.

I got my VIN in the source code early this morning, but I haven't received a text. I have the option now to submit final payment which I'll probably do soon. One reason I didn't immediately do it is that I need to get the financing finalized with my bank. Obviously nothing is happening on a Sunday, so I thought I'd submit payment after talking to the bank tomorrow. Since I have the VIN, though, I did add the car to my insurance.

I'm guessing one reason I might not have gotten a text yet is that the car doesn't need to really go anywhere, since I'm picking up in Fremont. It's just going from the factory directly to the delivery center, which is supposedly about 2 miles away.

Reactions: arroyobass
This may be very naive, so sorry but new to the country :)
I was thinking of taking my new Tesla on a long road trip immediately after delivery. Are you saying it is not legal to drive which is a big surprise for me. Or is it only related to some tag (Fast Tag) which I can do without temporarily on a road trip.

In California, your car will have Temporary Tags and it will be ready to drive off the lot. Some states do not allow Tesla to sell direct, and thus the tags take awhile.

• Helpful
Reactions: EV_MTV
I got my VIN in the source code early this morning, but I haven't received a text. I have the option now to submit final payment which I'll probably do soon. One reason I didn't immediately do it is that I need to get the financing finalized with my bank. Obviously nothing is happening on a Sunday, so I thought I'd submit payment after talking to the bank tomorrow. Since I have the VIN, though, I did add the car to my insurance.

I'm guessing one reason I might not have gotten a text yet is that the car doesn't need to really go anywhere, since I'm picking up in Fremont. It's just going from the factory directly to the delivery center, which is supposedly about 2 miles away.

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow to see what's going on! Hoping that it's in production now and will be here this week!

I just placed my order for a red SR+ with FSD!

I originally didn't plan to order until mid-January, but with FSD preview coming out, I was feeling wary of the price of FSD going up, so just went ahead and pulled the trigger, knowing that I'd probably be waiting a long time since I ordered right before the end of the year.

VIN showed up on Saturday. Ordered 10/25. At suggestion of others on this forum, I called the delivery center in Costa Mesa this morning for an update as I haven't received any notification from Tesla. Was told the car hadn't been built yet and to expect delivery "maybe next week."

Reactions: ZappCatt
VIN showed up on Saturday. Ordered 10/25. At suggestion of others on this forum, I called the delivery center in Costa Mesa this morning for an update as I haven't received any notification from Tesla. Was told the car hadn't been built yet and to expect delivery "maybe next week."

Next week as in 30-31 Dec!?! There are tons of Nov and Dec orders that already got their cars and you're getting pushed to the last days of the year!?!

Next week as in 30-31 Dec!?! There are tons of Nov and Dec orders that already got their cars and you're getting pushed to the last days of the year!?!
That's what I was told. Hopefully, it's just that the guy I spoke to was clueless and the car is really already on its way to Costa Mesa. This process, and the communication from Tesla, is terrible and the opposite of confidence-inspiring. I'm now almost 2 weeks past the upper end of the "estimated delivery" dates given on the website (not to mention the SA when I bought lied to me, telling me it was presently taking "about 2 weeks" for people to get their orders).

• Love
Reactions: rdcisneros3

Going to depend on color/config of cars ordered and when they come out of production. You never know what color or config is coming up or what they have already finished. Also no way to know how many people will jump in at the last minute as you see every EoQ suddenly wanting a car and taking up any extra inventory that they produced with the run. As they say timing is everything.

Going to depend on color/config of cars ordered and when they come out of production. You never know what color or config is coming up or what they have already finished. Also no way to know how many people will jump in at the last minute as you see every EoQ suddenly wanting a car and taking up any extra inventory that they produced with the run. As they say timing is everything.

Not sure what your point is (i.e. "timing is everything"). I ordered 2 months ago. White car, black interior, aero wheels -- seems like a pretty standard order and, yes, plenty of people have gotten their (same) orders before me. Additionally, it isn't like ANY of how Tesla makes and delivers these cars is common knowledge. Is it unreasonable to think that I would have had my car within the delivery estimate I was given? Or was it unreasonable to think I'd be waiting less than 2 months to get a car when I was told, "deliveries are being made within 2 weeks of order right now."?

What happens if you cannot pick up the car within 3 days? We were promised delivery by 12/26 as we would be out of town until end of year but now it looks like thats not happening as I have no VIN and no est delivery date. They are telling us that if we can't pick up thyey basically sell the car to someone else and I'll have to wait unil Feb for a whole new car, is this real??

What happens if you cannot pick up the car within 3 days? We were promised delivery by 12/26 as we would be out of town until end of year but now it looks like thats not happening as I have no VIN and no est delivery date. They are telling us that if we can't pick up they basically sell the car to someone else and I'll have to wait unil Feb for a whole new car, is this real??
I'm in the same boat. Got a text yesterday to pickup the car on the dates I'm not in town despite telling them the dates twice. On top of that they may move the dates forwards or backwards.... So you need to hang around and wait on them