Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today received info I wouldn’t be eligible for the federal credit missed. Reason given : “only those who received a VIN prior to EOY and did not get delivery by then are eligible”.

Can someone legitimize this reason? I think it is total fluff. Anyone who received the credit please let me know! Thank you!

So update: ordered 08-FEB, got the VIN in source code on Saturday. Emailed the SA this morning to see what was happening. He replied that it's arriving next weekend and can we setup delivery for the 07-MAR at noon? Of course I said yes! Got a text from Tesla about 5 minutes later to choose the delivery day and time, 07-MAR was already selected. This is in Cleveland, Ohio.
Going to make final payment this week, transfer insurance and it'll just be countdown the the 7th! Guess I should start ordering accessories as well.
BTW: SR+ white, black interior, 18" Aeros

great news for you! I also ordered feb 8th. M3SR .. SA told me probably march 6th when i will get the vin. got text from tesla today, 2-4 weeks. learning to be patient is definitely a virtue.... :)

Reactions: Roald44
Still waiting for my VIN, but reached out to my SA about my preference to pick up the car in Fremont vs having it delivered. Was told it is showing home delivery and that I will have the opportunity to change to Fremont delivery in my account once I'm prompted to make final payment. Does that sound right? I assume there will be a mad rush toward the end of march to get cars to owners who live close to the factory by repeating what happened 12/31... Tesla employees driving them right to your house.