Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure about other places, but in Ontario, we have to choose which insurance company we want to be fleeced by before taking delivery of a motor vehicle. So I just called in mid Oct (ordered Oct 1), and they told me my VIN would be available in about 2 weeks. I then called again after not hearing anything by Nov 6, and got someone who isn't my specific SA to email me my VIN, and have a tentative delivery scheduled. Not saying it will provide as much results as I had, but if things don't seem right, don't feel bad calling in more than once to follow up. There's literally no downside.

How will deliveries work if my city is in lockdown, if at all?

I'm in the GTA as well. If I remember correctly, back in the first full lockdown in March - April, most auto services were considered essential and allowed to stay open. I'm not sure where Tesla locations fall into this, but I would think the Government of Ontario's website will specify. You can also call the Tesla people and ask them if deliveries will be affected by the lockdown.

I’m on the East coast and no VIN yet. I did call the SA yesterday just to check and it was not available yet. You’re so close mmtux!

My delivery estimate still shows between now and 11/25 but I have a hard time believing it since there’s no VIN yet. I guess on the tracker I do see some short VIN to delivery windows so it could still happen so I’ll just keep on waiting not so patiently lol!

Reactions: mmtux
I’m on the East coast and no VIN yet. I did call the SA yesterday just to check and it was not available yet. You’re so close mmtux!

My delivery estimate still shows between now and 11/25 but I have a hard time believing it since there’s no VIN yet. I guess on the tracker I do see some short VIN to delivery windows so it could still happen so I’ll just keep on waiting not so patiently lol!
But last year there were inventory cars, that explains quick deliveries. This was also the case in September, when I took my first test drive, the SA showed me there was already a car with same configuration on the way and I could have got that in 3 days Good that I waited for the refresh

I don’t trust these site updates anymore. When I checked with my SA, he simply said no VIN is assigned to you, there are cars coming this week but you don’t have one in that If not then why my estimate shows 11/21-11/27 I am furious

Relax. Tesla will build your car, give you a vin number and then call/email you (when do you want to pick it up).

All this is completely normal. You will get a car... They just haven't built it yet.

Picked up my 2021 M3 SR+ here in Vancouver earlier in the week and loving it. Spent the week installing all my accessories and well just trying to learn all the screen controls lol. I'm not sure if it's common knowledge yet since I've read a lot of speculation about it lately but my SA said he'd "let me in on a little secret." He said the hardware is installed in the steering wheel to heat it and that it would be an upgrade later.

• Love
Reactions: Goencz