Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bruh. you just spoke what has been in my mind for a really long time. Honestly, I feel like I am just a couple of days away from cancelling my order.

I wouldn't sweat it. Even if you cancel the order - when your car is eventually ready for sale - it will just show up as new existing inventory on the Tesla site.

I didn't even bother asking for the $100 back in my case. It just wasn't worth the hassle.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but I was going through threads like this one below yesterday from people at the end of September, which indicate that this is actually a recurring problem that happens each quarter (especially for people in California), and not unique to the production of the 2021 models.

I think the essence of the conversation is that Tesla does a horrible job of managing expectations and communicating with their prospective owners.

If a customer knows that the possible wait for their vehicle is 10 weeks, then so be it. They can decide if they're OK with the 10 week wait, and can also plan their life (ie - with a trade-in) around that delivery calendar.

Chronically posting BS delivery dates on the Tesla site and changing those dates more often than a baby's diaper is of course going to tick people off and affect sales.

I'm in the same boat as the last couple of posts have clearly... vented frustrations.

Earlier this morning I saw two 2021 SR+ available in my area. It's before 10am, so my SA isn't in the office. I ordered the new one, and put another $100 down. Get a VIN immediately.

Long story short, turns out this vehicle hasn't even been made yet... and is still in the factory... but has a VIN. Which goes against what my advisor and others told me earlier, that a VIN is given once the vehicle leaves the factory. I also cant get a signed order agreement until the vehicle is en route to the delivery center.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement. My Credit Union financing expires on 12/15, and I was told once a VIN was given, that I would get a signed order agreement. I'm also angry that my original order from 8/2 did not attach to a VIN (it still hasn't), but yet somehow I found a 2021 SR+ randomly on the site. And I don't believe those were just placeholders. The two 2021 SR+ for my area (one white and a red one), are both now gone with only 2020 SR+ showing.

This doesn't even include the trade-in horror I'm going through, in which I was told that "Tesla is extending trade-in offers and mileage on them through the rest of the year." Yet, my offer for my 8/2 was dropped, needed to update mileage, and I have a feeling that it's going to be an even LOWER amount than before.

I. Just. Want. My. Signed. Order. Agreement. so I can just rest easy.

I'm in the same boat as the last couple of posts have clearly... vented frustrations.

Earlier this morning I saw two 2021 SR+ available in my area. It's before 10am, so my SA isn't in the office. I ordered the new one, and put another $100 down. Get a VIN immediately.

Long story short, turns out this vehicle hasn't even been made yet... and is still in the factory... but has a VIN. Which goes against what my advisor and others told me earlier, that a VIN is given once the vehicle leaves the factory. I also cant get a signed order agreement until the vehicle is en route to the delivery center.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement. My Credit Union financing expires on 12/15, and I was told once a VIN was given, that I would get a signed order agreement. I'm also angry that my original order from 8/2 did not attach to a VIN (it still hasn't), but yet somehow I found a 2021 SR+ randomly on the site. And I don't believe those were just placeholders. The two 2021 SR+ for my area (one white and a red one), are both now gone with only 2020 SR+ showing.

This doesn't even include the trade-in horror I'm going through, in which I was told that "Tesla is extending trade-in offers and mileage on them through the rest of the year." Yet, my offer for my 8/2 was dropped, needed to update mileage, and I have a feeling that it's going to be an even LOWER amount than before.

I. Just. Want. My. Signed. Order. Agreement. so I can just rest easy.
You. Are. Asking. For. More. Than. Tesla is capable of providing.

Not really sure I am, when a VIN is already in the system and is now attached to my order. You're telling me it's rocket science to make a signed order agreement with this VIN?
OK - maybe I should have said "willing to provide" or "wanting to put in the energy to provide."

Don't get me wrong. I'm hoping you get a great car from these guys.

But Elon has cost me thousands of dollars in repairs due to his illegal and unethical warranty practices. So I can't just be another Tesla cheerleader on the site.

Yeah, I haven't even been given the option to pay yet. Should I be concerned?

That's a little weird. I got mine as soon as my VIN came in. I'm financing through a third party and was able to make my cash down payment online.

Maybe reach out and ask how you can pay in advance. It would be inconvenient to do all of that on delivery day, but some people DO like to arrange it that way in case they reject delivery. You should reach out to your SA and the local service center if you can.

This number was also given to me if I had any questions about final payment: 510-249-3100. Not sure if it will be helpful to you, or if it's specific to my area, but I was able to talk to a live person each time. Give it a try.

Reactions: zerb012345
That's a little weird. I got mine as soon as my VIN came in. I'm financing through a third party and was able to make my cash down payment online.

Maybe reach out and ask how you can pay in advance. It would be inconvenient to do all of that on delivery day, but some people DO like to arrange it that way in case they reject delivery. You should reach out to your SA and the local service center if you can.

This number was also given to me if I had any questions about final payment: 510-249-3100. Not sure if it will be helpful to you, or if it's specific to my area, but I was able to talk to a live person each time. Give it a try.
I'll have to give that number a call, thanks! Although I see you're in Texas, I know Tesla dealing in TX is a bit different than in MA. I'll still give them a call and see what they have to say! I would imagine they'd want their money more than a few days before my delivery if at all possible

Set the delivery date on the 21st of December. Asked SA to see if I can get it earlier but she said no b/c the car will be arriving on the 19th and must be inspected before it gets released.

My question; Is there any chance that the car can arrive earlier than 19th? Anyone has gotten their car earlier than your actual delivery date?

Set the delivery date on the 21st of December. Asked SA to see if I can get it earlier but she said no b/c the car will be arriving on the 19th and must be inspected before it gets released.

My question; Is there any chance that the car can arrive earlier than 19th? Anyone has gotten their car earlier than your actual delivery date?
I was scheduled to take delivery on 12/14 but they called me and said my car would be here early so would I take it on 12/12. I of course said yes

Originally my car's ETA was the 11th, and I was set to pickup for the 14th of December. However, it got here on the 8th and I picked it up around 4pm today. :)

Reactions: lightcyan
I would get your order in today. You can easily set up your delivery day to your convenience. You are correct that the export orders are handled first. As a matter of fact - US orders are treated like 2nd class citizens until the last few weeks of the quarter.

So if you don't order now I would guess you're looking at March delivery.
An update on my situation for any that are curious: I placed the order on 12/7 (White/Black int/Aero SR+, 2-3 wks) hoping I could work with the advisor and delay delivery until the first week of January. I talked to him yesterday and they aren't making exceptions to their pick up policy, so I risk losing it if I can't pick up in 7 days after it's delivered, at which point I'd be put in line again and likely looking at end of Q1 2021 delivery. I was assigned VIN this morning so we'll see when it shows up. Picking up in Illinois, by the way.

My estimated delivery was pushed back a day now the 12/20-12/26. So i called the Tesla center where i am picking up... guy tells me the car was made 10 days ago and still sitting there waiting for the train transport. The train takes it so far before being put on a truck. He estimated it will arrive on the 22nd. Im thinking i will be lucky to see it before next year. Still no delivery date set...

I see a lot of people here fanboying over tesla just because it's tesla. As mentioned my Cleo n Company above, its not the waiting that is annoying a lot of people, it's the lack of proper communication and the we don't give a f attitude that Tesla seems to have currently. I don't mind waiting for the car if I was told 5-8 weeks for delivery, But tesla changing my esitmated delivery 3 times in a month and now telling me that my delivery is supposed to be by the end of december is totally unacceptable. Placed my order 1st week of october, I dont have a vin and a delivery date. My colleague placed the order 23rd of october same zip code, sam car config, same delivery location and he took his delivery last saturday. Now tell me, how this is fair to me. There clearly seems to be a lack of management from Tesla at this point which sucks. Imagine GM, Toyota or any other big car company doing this. They would get such bad press.

Ordered my tesla last october and just got my VIN Dec 07.
When I ordered it SA told me it should be ready by end of November
so I waited while constantly checking and calling SA.

My delivery estimate started with Nov 27 and changed to Dec 03 / 17 / 18 / 20. and I submitted Insurance document on the date I received my VIN.

SA says all my information has been checked but my car is keep getting delayed.
And today I found out that in that same store that I ordered. There is an inventory that matches my model and
I send an email to my SA about the location of my car but still no answer.

So is it possible to replace my order with an inventory one and receive it early? (I may have to change VIN for my insurance but still..)

Or should I keep on waiting for call from Tesla..

I don't have any cars right now and I need it ASAP..