Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
pre
Question; I purchased a brand new 2021 SR+ from Tesla's "Existing Inventory" labeled as new, for the same price as a customized one in hopes of saving delivery time. However, I am reading in some forums that their existing inventory is almost always demo cars, showroom cars, or cars that have been rejected for delivery (meaning the would-be owner saw something they didn't like), how true is this? Did I goof by going the Existing Inventory route? I got a VIN right away when I purchased the car btw.

I purchased a 2021 Model 3 SR+ from existing inventory. Was brand new, came from Fremont directly. What’s the last six of the VIN? That can give you an idea.

upload_2020-12-12_22-53-45.png

Now that it changed from dec 23-31 to 4-6 weeks from order I wouldn’t mind if I get pushed to early or mid January ... would actually be better for me.

But if that pushes to next quarter and I end up at END of quarter because I’m in CA due to their shenanigans of making CA last in order to maximize quarters that will be more than a bit annoying...

Now that it changed from dec 23-31 to 4-6 weeks from order I wouldn’t mind if I get pushed to early or mid January ... would actually be better for me.

But if that pushes to next quarter and I end up at END of quarter because I’m in CA due to their shenanigans of making CA last in order to maximize quarters that will be more than a bit annoying...

I'm a total noob to all of this, but I was under the impression that if you don't get your car delivered by the final day of the month then you have to wait all the way until the end of the next quarter (March in this case), barring a handful of exceptions. Is this not correct?

I thought the “end of quarter” thing was if you wait to order until next quarter and you live in CA ... but I’m not sure. I sure would hope that an 11/25 order that’s not cancelled or delayed by buyer and was quoted as 4-6 weeks wouldn’t take until March but ... who knows.

Alright so I'm in Arizona and I feel that Arizona too is getting the "California slight" -

10/15 - literally hours after the refresh released - placed order MSM SR+ / black /aero, delivery est 6-8 weeks (11/26-12/10)
10/19 - updated order to PW color / black int / aero
11/19 Order update - delivery changed to 11/19-11/27
11/27 Order update - delivery changed to 12/4-12/18, confirmed with my SA and he said "you're still on track for the 18th" (delivery)
12/11 Order Update - delivery changed to 12/14-12/28. I reached out to my SA to ask what the deal was and nothing but radio silence.

I'm not going to lie. I am PISSED. How is this fair? It's not, life's not fair. But this is just awful customer service. I tried calling my local Tesla to get an update and no one picked up - went to voicemail.

Has anyone been reassured (without a VIN or delivery date) that they WILL see their car before 2021?? This year sucks so much already for so many people, this was supposed to be one *good thing* of 2020.

Alright so I'm in Arizona and I feel that Arizona too is getting the "California slight" -

10/15 - literally hours after the refresh released - placed order MSM SR+ / black /aero, delivery est 6-8 weeks (11/26-12/10)
10/19 - updated order to PW color / black int / aero
11/19 Order update - delivery changed to 11/19-11/27
11/27 Order update - delivery changed to 12/4-12/18, confirmed with my SA and he said "you're still on track for the 18th" (delivery)
12/11 Order Update - delivery changed to 12/14-12/28. I reached out to my SA to ask what the deal was and nothing but radio silence.

I'm not going to lie. I am PISSED. How is this fair? It's not, life's not fair. But this is just awful customer service. I tried calling my local Tesla to get an update and no one picked up - went to voicemail.

Has anyone been reassured (without a VIN or delivery date) that they WILL see their car before 2021?? This year sucks so much already for so many people, this was supposed to be one *good thing* of 2020.

Dude I'm in the same boat here in North Carolina.... might want to try calling your Tesla center, they at least gave me a more accurate delivery estimate

Dude I'm in the same boat here in North Carolina.... might want to try calling your Tesla center, they at least gave me a more accurate delivery estimate

UPDATE: called Tesla (again), got a hold of my SA this time. He said they were running into "logistical issues" getting cars out of CA under the CA lockdown. So cars aren't shipping out of CA at the pace they had hoped to. Interesting, especially given Elon's email to employees pushing them to do more. My delivery date is (as of now) set for 12/26. I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling that this would be the end of the delays. Time will tell.

The "expected delivery date" has been removed from my account.

Ordered on Oct 28th
First delivery estimate Dec 9th - Dec 23rd
Second delivery estimate Dec 9th - Dec 30th
Third delivery estimate Dec 9th - Dec 31th

And now nothing. Anyone know what's up? I've been reading the last few pages, it seems I'm not the only one? I'm in Los Angeles.

Ordered on Oct 28th

And now nothing. Anyone know what's up? I've been reading the last few pages, it seems I'm not the only one? I'm in Los Angeles.

Mine (I'm in AZ) did this two days ago. 24 hours later, the delivery date had been pushed back and I had a new (later) delivery date on my account. Sorry, but if this is anything like what they did to AZ you're looking at a revised delivery date that pushes it back.

Ordered on Oct 28th

Same here also in Los Angeles...but ordered 11/25.

Call me crazy…

I ordered my 2021 SR+ today white/black and white/sport and agreed to pay $1,000 to have it shipped from Seattle to Denver. No cars in that configuration available here and wanted to get a year of free supercharging - which I will use 2-3x a week. Have been stalking 6-7 CPO MS but with rumor of refresh and such great lease terms I thought I would lease for 2 years and then get a newer MS

Wondering if I should have ordered the car I want and crossed my fingers for delivery by 12/31? Also wondering if a similar car is available in this market before mine arrives if I can switch and save the 1K?

Excited to get my first Tesla. My son is even more excited - he’s getting my 2010 Camaro SS/RS triple black with a manual transmission.