Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting a 2021. Scheduled for pick up on Wednesday in Dedham. That was delayed from Tuesday due to last week's storm. I tried calling this morning to confirm but no one answered.

Ditto. Sounds like both of our cars are on the same truck. I was scheduled for Monday, then delayed Tuesday, then delayed to the 26th. My SA said they were near manhattan when I called yesterday afternoon and it should be here this morning. I am hoping for pickup today but they might be delayed at the rate of response I am getting (delay after arriving would be final QA checks / improvements). At least you got to wait 10 days less than me according to the delivery tracker spreadsheet! I have a lot of PTO right now so my first order of buisness is going to be to hook up scan my tesla and do a range / capacity test.

Ditto. Sounds like both of our cars are on the same truck. I was scheduled for Monday, then delayed Tuesday, then delayed to the 26th. My SA said they were near manhattan when I called yesterday afternoon and it should be here this morning. I am hoping for pickup today but they might be delayed at the rate of response I am getting (delay after arriving would be final QA checks / improvements). At least you got to wait 10 days less than me according to the delivery tracker spreadsheet! I have a lot of PTO right now so my first order of buisness is going to be to hook up scan my tesla and do a range / capacity test.
UPDATE: Car is NOT here, SA said tomorrow. Who knows if we should believe him.

Still waiting for my VIN as well same delivery time frame, I keep checking everyday for any updates on my acct and nothing I really hope it’s not delayed and delivery is received this year :(
I waited and waited and trusted my SA for 3 months. I had enough with their BS and just ordered another from the existing inventory and I am getting the same exact one day after tomorrow. 3 months vs 5 days. I had to pay an extra $100 to cut in line. I just saw a bunch of existing inventory cars on the website. It looks like Tesla is keep adding new ones to the existing inventory and bypassing people who are waiting. WTF. So wrong.

Reactions: yaya21
UPDATE: Car is NOT here, SA said tomorrow. Who knows if we should believe him.

Was rescheduled for 12/24 at 3pm. I know I should be spending that time with my family but... I don't know if I trust him either. Hopefully it comes by then as it would make a fun surprise for the family (the kids don't know about it).

What do you mean by " hook up scan my tesla and do a range / capacity test"? What's the hook up and what's the scan? I would assume the capacity test will just be measuring the % drop in battery over a given distance and then extrapolating to 100%. Is it more complicated than that?

I waited and waited and trusted my SA for 3 months. I had enough with their BS and just ordered another from the existing inventory and I am getting the same exact one day after tomorrow. 3 months vs 5 days. I had to pay an extra $100 to cut in line. I just saw a bunch of existing inventory cars on the website. It looks like Tesla is keep adding new ones to the existing inventory and bypassing people who are waiting. WTF. So wrong.

If it's like my first lease I believe you could have just called the factory, say that you saw a car in their inventory and want this one to be assigned to you.

Oh snap! I got a VIN and the delivery date says Dec 22-25... and I can’t really pick up until Monday the 28th. Go figure... hopefully it’s toward the end of the window and I can get an extra couple days.

11/25 order white/black/aero in Los Angeles

So today they scheduled me for pickup the 27th. Will not even let me go a day later they said that’s the latest. I’ll make it work but yeah. It is fast it went from no range back to a range to having an appointment all in a 2 day span.

I really hope I don’t have to come down to that all my financing and everything is done I’m literally just awaiting a VIN which is strange considering I ordered months ago. I don’t even want to bother with my SA anymore since he is nearly impossible to reach. Does anyone know where on our profile we can see a vin ? Or any number we can call to get an update ?

Reactions: yaya21
Was rescheduled for 12/24 at 3pm.

You’re more patient than I. I drove to Dedham and asked what was going on. They said my car is still in New Jersey parking lot not sure it’s gonna leave today or not. If you want to go grey my SA said there is a 859408 in Dedham right now. Go for it if you like.

What do you mean by " hook up scan my tesla and do a range / capacity test"?

I’m going to put the car in sleep mode and pry the plastic off the bottom rear of the center console using some plastic pry tools. After 5 min of time has elapsed since I turned the car off Im going to add a wire harness I bought off of Amazon. To the harness I’m going to plug in a Bluetooth mx ODBii reader and connect it to my phone / an app called scan my Tesla. I’m going to use that to measure slightly more precisely the battery SoC and then charge to 100% SoC. I then plan to drive at around 70 mph until the SoC reads 0%. I’m going to take the kWh discharged and divide by the dSoC real which will be about 95.5% to determine the precise kWh in my vehicle. This is going to be my beginning of life capacity. If I can I’m going to put the car in sleep mode (don’t know how to do that yet) then let it sit for 3 hours and go back to check the SoC. This should help provide a real measurement of the final SoC.

I really hope I don’t have to come down to that all my financing and everything is done I’m literally just awaiting a VIN which is strange considering I ordered months ago. I don’t even want to bother with my SA anymore since he is nearly impossible to reach. Does anyone know where on our profile we can see a vin ? Or any number we can call to get an update ?

If you have a VIN number then it should be below your RN number. One that I ordered 3 month ago, doesn’t have a VIN number but the one that I ordered over the weekend looks like this.

Your Model 3

RNXXXXXXXX
VIN 5YJ3E1@@@xxxxxx
View design details
Autopilot

I have a feeling that Tesla is trying to sell as many cars as possible through existing inventory and letting everyone wait until the end of the year. You will probably see a VIN number after Christmas.

Reactions: Vram09
You’re more patient than I. I drove to Dedham and asked what was going on. They said my car is still in New Jersey parking lot not sure it’s gonna leave today or not. If you want to go grey my SA said there is a 859408 in Dedham right now. Go for it if you like.

I’m going to put the car in sleep mode and pry the plastic off the bottom rear of the center console using some plastic pry tools. After 5 min of time has elapsed since I turned the car off Im going to add a wire harness I bought off of Amazon. To the harness I’m going to plug in a Bluetooth mx ODBii reader and connect it to my phone / an app called scan my Tesla. I’m going to use that to measure slightly more precisely the battery SoC and then charge to 100% SoC. I then plan to drive at around 70 mph until the SoC reads 0%. I’m going to take the kWh discharged and divide by the dSoC real which will be about 95.5% to determine the precise kWh in my vehicle. This is going to be my beginning of life capacity. If I can I’m going to put the car in sleep mode (don’t know how to do that yet) then let it sit for 3 hours and go back to check the SoC. This should help provide a real measurement of the final SoC.

Wow, that sounds pretty intense.

FYI - I called Dedham this morning and confirmed my car is on the nearby lot. I asked if they can move the appointment up to this afternoon and they said no, but they were willing to move my pick up to tomorrow morning, which is nice.

Wow, that sounds pretty intense.
I test batteries for living so I guess I'm a little obsessed.
FYI - I called Dedham this morning and confirmed my car is on the nearby lot.
That's fantastic news man I'm really excited for you and your family. I'm hoping my car is on the lot as well but at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if I've been black listed.

Last edited:
In case anyone in future quarters that lives in SoCal is still waiting until the very end of the quarter and wondering what the heck is happening with their order, and looking back at this thread:

It is currently almost noon on December 23rd, and I still do not even have a VIN, with my estimated delivery still showing " *Current Day* - December 31st" (I ordered in June by telling my SA that I wanted to delay delivery until December). So if you're in the early-mid portion of the final month of a quarter that you're expecting delivery and haven't heard anything yet -- just know that you have a long way to go before you should even begin to worry.

Hopefully I'll be able to update this post within the next 72 hours with some positive information, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Vram09
Got my SR+ a few hours ago and it is pretty much 99.9% perfect! Very happy with everything, now I gotta learn how to use the car lol. On a side note is it normal for a parking garage to charge you extra for charging in their garage in addition to their Chargepoint box charging fees? Feels like they are taking from me twice...

Got my SR+ a few hours ago and it is pretty much 99.9% perfect! Very happy with everything, now I gotta learn how to use the car lol. On a side note is it normal for a parking garage to charge you extra for charging in their garage in addition to their Chargepoint box charging fees? Feels like they are taking from me twice...

Parking garage and companies like Chargepoint are independent from each other. They can charge as they please.