Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parking garage and companies like Chargepoint are independent from each other. They can charge as they please.

From what I read, the private chargepoint locations (like ones in garages) have their costs set by the owners of the garage, they could even set it as free if they wanted to. Hopefully it's not too high, I'll know when I plug it in tomorrow.

On that note, does anyone know if it will be safe to leave the Charge point charger plugged into my car for days at a time (besides the chance of there being an idle fee)? I live a few blocks away from the charger but don't want to have to park it, charge it, go home, and then go back there 6-10 hours later to unplug it and then walk home again. Also want to add that my assigned parking spot is the only spot that is able to reach the charger, the charger is specifically for my spot only, so I am not hogging it or anything.

From what I read, the private chargepoint locations (like ones in garages) have their costs set by the owners of the garage, they could even set it as free if they wanted to. Hopefully it's not too high, I'll know when I plug it in tomorrow.

On that note, does anyone know if it will be safe to leave the Charge point charger plugged into my car for days at a time (besides the chance of there being an idle fee)? I live a few blocks away from the charger but don't want to have to park it, charge it, go home, and then go back there 6-10 hours later to unplug it and then walk home again. Also want to add that my assigned parking spot is the only spot that is able to reach the charger, the charger is specifically for my spot only, so I am not hogging it or anything.

The manual says the car should stay plugged in whenever not in use. So you should be ok leaving it plugged in.

Reactions: ottermode
Got my SR+ a few hours ago and it is pretty much 99.9% perfect! Very happy with everything, now I gotta learn how to use the car lol. On a side note is it normal for a parking garage to charge you extra for charging in their garage in addition to their Chargepoint box charging fees? Feels like they are taking from me twice...

Download PlugShare app. You might find some free charging stations in your area. Most places will charge you, including Tesla Supercharging stations.

Reactions: ottermode
Ditto. Sounds like both of our cars are on the same truck. I was scheduled for Monday, then delayed Tuesday, then delayed to the 26th. My SA said they were near manhattan when I called yesterday afternoon and it should be here this morning. I am hoping for pickup today but they might be delayed at the rate of response I am getting (delay after arriving would be final QA checks / improvements). At least you got to wait 10 days less than me according to the delivery tracker spreadsheet! I have a lot of PTO right now so my first order of buisness is going to be to hook up scan my tesla and do a range / capacity test.

I'm just back from picking mine up, so I can confirm there are some cars in Dedham. Lots of other people picking up today. I was pleased with out efficient it all was. I found a few minor things to fix and they've logged them for a future service.

Good luck to you.

Is anyone waiting on delivery for SR+ MSM ext/White Int? I’m located in the Bay Area and ordered on 11/18 and no vin or delivery date. Estimate is always the current date-31st. I’ve looked at the spreadsheet but not many MSM shown there :( wondering if it’s taking so long bc not many ordered silver?

Is anyone waiting on delivery for SR+ MSM ext/White Int? I’m located in the Bay Area and ordered on 11/18 and no vin or delivery date. Estimate is always the current date-31st. I’ve looked at the spreadsheet but not many MSM shown there :( wondering if it’s taking so long bc not many ordered silver?
That’s how it is sometimes. I didn’t get a VIN or a message till 3 days of my car delivery. I ordered mine on August 11th and didn’t get my car till Sept 27. In the meantime, I hardly got any texts messages or updates. I had to pester them but they didn’t know anything other than generic answers.

I was in SoCal, and I had a multi-coat red with white seats. The sales rep said it was my location and color combination. When I went for pick-up, there were hundreds of cars, and I also saw 2 in my combination. But yours is kinda rare as well, most people who get MSM normally get black seats.

But don’t worry too much, you’ll get your car before the new year. I know, Tesla is HORRIBlE when it comes to communication. They leave us in the dark.

Last edited:
That’s how it is sometimes. I didn’t get a VIN or a message till 3 days of my car delivery. I ordered mine on August 11th and didn’t get my car till Sept 27. In the meantime, I hardly get any texts messages or updates. I had to pester them but they didn’t know anything other than generic answers.

I was in SoCal, and I had a multi-coat red with white seats. The sales rep said it was my location and color combination and location. When I went for pick-up, there were hundreds of cars, and I also saw 2 in my combination. But yours is kinda rare as well, most people who get MSM normally get black seats.

But don’t worry too much, you’ll get your car before the new year. I know, Tesla is HORRIBlE when it comes to communication. They leave us in the dark.

definitely just waiting patiently! I know they must be busy and it sucks that my SA is just as in the dark as I am. But gratefully everyone I spoke to has been as helpful as they can. Happy to be a part of the Tesla fam :)

Reactions: MikeC
Ordered 10 Oct 2020
VIN date 24 Dec 2020 5
scheduled delivery date: 27 Dec 2020 direct from Tesla.

Waited 75 days to VIN
It will be 78 days to pick up my Model 3 SR+ Red Multi-Coat 18 inch Black and White Full Self-Driving

According to the spread sheet I have the record for longest wait as of today.

and my SA was incompetent like everyone elses. Today when I got any VIN my MVPA was wrong and if I wouldn't have called the delivery center myself to fix it, my delivery would have been delayed because of the holiday and my Credit Union closing.

Im hoping this car is as good as I hope it is. And Tesla's "sales" people can get there act together.

Also was confirmed the 1 yr supercharging through automated/delivery text

Attachments

• IMG_757754C3BD1B-1.jpeg
    IMG_757754C3BD1B-1.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 74

I ordered at the factory on 10/1, my profile is complete and I purchased an SR white/white and my estimate delivery keeps changing back and forth between 25-31st to 26-31st, still no vin :(

Ordered 10 Oct 2020
VIN date 24 Dec 2020 5
scheduled delivery date: 27 Dec 2020 direct from Tesla.

Waited 75 days to VIN
It will be 78 days to pick up my Model 3 SR+ Red Multi-Coat 18 inch Black and White Full Self-Driving

According to the spread sheet I have the record for longest wait as of today.

and my SA was incompetent like everyone elses. Today when I got any VIN my MVPA was wrong and if I wouldn't have called the delivery center myself to fix it, my delivery would have been delayed because of the holiday and my Credit Union closing.

Im hoping this car is as good as I hope it is. And Tesla's "sales" people can get there act together.

Also was confirmed the 1 yr supercharging through automated/delivery text

I got the same messages but without the free supercharging noted. Is this something you have to specifically ask for? I thought it was all deliveries from 12/22-12/31.

Everyone mentions confirming with SA but I ordered online I’ve never interacted with a person. Who would I even contact ??

I ordered at the factory on 10/1, my profile is complete and I purchased an SR white/white and my estimate delivery keeps changing back and forth between 25-31st to 26-31st, still no vin :(

I checked my account and I received a VIN! I haven’t been receiving any text updates though. Waiting to see a delivery date update on my account :/ My estimate delivery fluctuated 3x today.

I got the same messages but without the free supercharging noted. Is this something you have to specifically ask for? I thought it was all deliveries from 12/22-12/31.

Everyone mentions confirming with SA but I ordered online I’ve never interacted with a person. Who would I even contact ??

I think it’s automatic for anyone who gets delivery by the 31st. I also ordered online but have been in contact with the SA who emailed that my order was processed. (Also made use of the chat box on Tesla site.)

Reactions: BeeGood

I didn't ask or confirm with anyone. It was part of the automated message I received

04238EF5-65ED-4137-9B62-4B9AD817B8B1.jpeg
Picked up my dad’s M3 Wht-Aero. Asked us to show up at 11am but car wasn’t ready for another hour. Then they messed up my paperwork so waited another 2 hours. We got so frustrated and my dad got sick so we just drove off with the new car without signing the papers. I already signed all the online papers and paid them all the money. Needless to say, my SA was totally incompetent and dishonest. Refused to reimburse me for the first car that I ordered 3 months ago and still no VIN. This was the worst car buying experience. Never buy another one from Rocklin. Just terrible.
Fortunately, my parents were happy with their x-mas gift so it wasn’t all that bad.

Reactions: MikeC
Just received a VIN this morning via email. 868XXX
White. M3 SR+. black interior. aero. standard auto.
Ordered: 11/19
Vin: 12/20
Pick up: Burbank, CA. Date: Unknown

My estimated delivery date changed to 12/26-12/31

Delivery text received Sunday evening. Scheduled delivery for 12/26.
Received notification today 12/24 that my car has not arrived and they are pushing delivery out an extra day to 12/27.
Sounds like there may be some logistic issues with delivery trucks here in socal?

In case anyone in future quarters that lives in SoCal is still waiting until the very end of the quarter and wondering what the heck is happening with their order, and looking back at this thread:

It is currently almost noon on December 23rd, and I still do not even have a VIN, with my estimated delivery still showing " *Current Day* - December 31st" (I ordered in June by telling my SA that I wanted to delay delivery until December). So if you're in the early-mid portion of the final month of a quarter that you're expecting delivery and haven't heard anything yet -- just know that you have a long way to go before you should even begin to worry.

Hopefully I'll be able to update this post within the next 72 hours with some positive information, but I'm not holding my breath.

Finally got my VIN today and a delivery date scheduled for Sunday