Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My app shows the 1000 supercharger miles (expires in 6/30/2021) from a referral code I used, but no FSD features or the 1 year free supercharging. I asked at the store and they said the 1 year supercharger will activate 1/4/2021, but they were not sure about the FSD. Will probably follow up with my original rep tomorrow in a text just to be sure.
Just checked the app now and it has Summon, which means FSD trial is active. Loot box still shows the 1000 miles supercharger miles and not the 1 year yet, but the rep did respond back and said that will come in a week or two. Anyways, I'm ok with either as I don't foresee needing to supercharge much, but it'll be nice having a longer expiration date.

As a side note, in the upgrades section it now shows I purchased "Full Self Driving Capability" and that is no longer an option. Only the rear heated seats are an option at $300. For those curious, the FSD was $8000 prior to delivery and was $10,000 in the app after delivery. Also my Tesla account has now changed to showing a different menu, with my VIN instead of the RN, and the following sections: Car Access (grant for up to 5 additional drivers), Insurance, Video Guides, Glove Box (has all the documents, the new ones being Final Invoice and Proof of Insurance), and "Sold your car to a third party" where you can Remove Car.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rmar93
20210105_152941.jpg

Well here's the car, picked up today after waiting 81days since ordering oct 16th.

When i showed up to take delivery they had no idea where the car was, they had to walk around the parking lot and drive it back. It was a dog and pony show :rolleyes:

Well, isn’t that this a fine kettle of fish. The Model Y SR+ will come with premium audio but the Model 3 doesn’t? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the Model 3 SR+s biggest flaw is the crappy audio system. Something tells me that Tesla will do the same for future Model 3s as well.

Just placed my order today! First time ordering a Tesla. I’ve been planning to do it for a while, but the recent, sudden existence of the MY SR really had me wavering for a couple of days. Finally just decided to commit and go for the 3. I only ever got to test drive the Performance and the LR though. The Performance was the first Tesla I’ve ever driven, and I did not expect the acceleration and braking to be that strong at all. I actually thought I killed the Tesla rep sitting next to me when his neck snapped back. The car was way too powerful for me. The second time was more recent, contactless and all that. They did not have SR+ as an option though, only LR. Again, it felt like more power than I needed, but much more reasonable. I know the SR+ will be slower, but I hope it's still somewhat fun. I wish LR RWD was still an option, because that would be perfect imo. Anyway, really excited!

Just placed my order today! First time ordering a Tesla. I’ve been planning to do it for a while, but the recent, sudden existence of the MY SR really had me wavering for a couple of days. Finally just decided to commit and go for the 3. I only ever got to test drive the Performance and the LR though. The Performance was the first Tesla I’ve ever driven, and I did not expect the acceleration and braking to be that strong at all. I actually thought I killed the Tesla rep sitting next to me when his neck snapped back. The car was way too powerful for me. The second time was more recent, contactless and all that. They did not have SR+ as an option though, only LR. Again, it felt like more power than I needed, but much more reasonable. I know the SR+ will be slower, but I hope it's still somewhat fun. I wish LR RWD was still an option, because that would be perfect imo. Anyway, really excited!

I've got the SR+, delivered Dec 24, and it's plenty fun for me. I punch it periodically just to put the fancy German car drivers in their place every now and then. I test drove my friend's PR and it was too much power, especially with teenage drivers in my house who may use it.

It's crazy how bad their customer service is. I posted it many times in this thread already, but I ordered in JUNE, and then the above happened on Sunday.

You would think there would be some urgency to rectify this problem ASAP by a reputable company with good customer service, but no, the best I got when I called today after hearing nothing since Sunday morning was "we THINK it will be ready by Thursday December 31st".

Note to anyone checking this thread that hasn't ordered yet: do NOT order from Costa Mesa, you'll be doing yourself a favor.
I just ordered my Tesla from the Costa Mesa location and read your comment later. Should I change my delivery location to Buena Park or are there any tips that I can keep in mind while ordering from the Costa Mesa location?

I just ordered my Tesla from the Costa Mesa location and read your comment later. Should I change my delivery location to Buena Park or are there any tips that I can keep in mind while ordering from the Costa Mesa location?

I liked the Buena Park Delivery Center. It’s really simple to change, just text your advisor and tell him you want pick-up at Buena Park. OR, you can call Buena Park and tell them you want to do delivery there.

I've developed a bad habit of checking my Tesla account for updates many times throughout the day.
I'm just wondering if its just me being obsessive or if there are others with this little habit? o_O

SR+ Ordered Jan 7, ETA March 4 - March 31

I think you can answer that question yourself :) ... ask yourself this. Will me checking a lot speed up the delivery process? Will me checking a lot make the delivery process appear to be taking forever?

I think you can answer that question yourself :) ... ask yourself this. Will me checking a lot speed up the delivery process? Will me checking a lot make the delivery process appear to be taking forever?
The answer is yes, I'm being obsessive buttt I did notice that my SA doesn't know much and when they matched me the first time, I was the one who informed them. You're right though, it wont speed up the process :confused: