Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI everybody. looking to order my car-M3 SR. the eta says 8-14 weeks which I doubt. Those who got recently their car delivered, can you let me know what date you ordered, what day you got your vin and what day you got that delivered to you. I want to know from real people with real experience what I am getting into rather then someone from Tesla guesstimate the delivery time.
Thank you in advance
You have no idea what you got yourself into. Get ready for the wildest emotional ride of your life.

Called local tesla to check on ETA, car left the factory today and is enroute to delivery center, ETA 2weeks. Makes sense since its travelling via train. They scheduled me a delivery appointment for aug18th tentatively but may arrive a few days sooner depending on logistics and will switch if possible to a sooner date.

View attachment 691545
I sent my VIN over to my SA to set up an appointment and he got back to me with a Congratulations template with delivery/payment instructions. He set me up for August 18th 11:30 AM, so our cars must be on the same shipment!

My VIN still doesn't show on my account though. Don't think it matters cause it's in the source code and confirmed on the proforma invoice from my SA.
Delivery.JPG

• Love
Reactions: NB Hip fan
HI everybody. looking to order my car-M3 SR. the eta says 8-14 weeks which I doubt. Those who got recently their car delivered, can you let me know what date you ordered, what day you got your vin and what day you got that delivered to you. I want to know from real people with real experience what I am getting into rather then someone from Tesla guesstimate the delivery time.
Thank you in advance
I ordered in June 3, got my VIN in 61 days, and picking up August 18th. That'll be 76 days total, which falls right in 8-12 weeks. Most people seem to get it within 2 months, but West Coasters in US seem to be waiting longest.

According to the Model 3 Order Tracker spreadsheet, looking only at orders made in 2021 in USA, the average time from order to VIN is 39 days, and order to delivery is 46 days. However, consider that Tesla has a history of pushing out vehicles towards the end of each quarter, so deliveries should take longer than that average given the recent start of Q3. Expect 60 days minimum to avoid dissappointment :p

Last edited:
We got our delivery date, home delivery Monday at 10am. Strange, because home delivery was not an option when we ordered. We live an hour from the delivery center. It’s going to be a long Uber ride for the Tesla guy.
Congrats!!!

They usually have your vehicle towed or in a vehicle carrier van, so they’ll have their vehicle to drive back. Tesla guy will be just fine ;)

Reactions: asquared17
Congrats!!!

They usually have your vehicle towed or in a vehicle carrier van, so they’ll have their vehicle to drive back. Tesla guy will be just fine ;)
Interesting, I heard stories of Tesla employees driving your new Tesla to your home, dropping it off, and then taking an Uber/Lyft back.

Anyone w/ home delivery experience care to chime in?

They added one week both ways this morning. SIGH. Order 7/6, blue/black, NJ. Now August 23/Sept 13.

Well. My husband sold our second car (the one that was supposed to be the $400 trade-in) for $900. Which is nice, except... Our insurance told us that if we removed it from our policy and added another car in a couple of weeks, we would get an increase in premiums. Why? I don't know. But it's annoying as heck because now we have to keep that car on our insurance even if we sold it until we get our VIN. And even then, it means paying possibly an extra two weeks of premium until we actually get the car. Also some crap like we would be liable for any ticket until he switches the plates (I mean, we have texts and stuff as "proof" that we sold the car I suppose, so we could contest it, but still).

Also, we're out a car for possibly another month at this point and it completely stinks. Should really just have waited and traded it in, it's stupid, but my husband didn't listen to me so... We had to pay $300 to repair it so it would pass the inspection too. Total suckage.

Don't do it.
Yeah this is not a thing. You can add/remove vehicles at any point. No insurance company can make you keep a car insured when you dont own it. Removing a vehicle and adding another vehicle 2 weeks later does not increase premiums....other than the normal increase of insuring a more expensive vehicle. You should definitely ask to speak to someone else or find another insurance company.

I worked in the insurance industry for 8 years and working on the rating plans that computes the premiums.

Reactions: Vystery
Yeah this is not a thing. You can add/remove vehicles at any point. No insurance company can make you keep a car insured when you dont own it. Removing a vehicle and adding another vehicle 2 weeks later does not increase premiums....other than the normal increase of insuring a more expensive vehicle. You should definitely ask to speak to someone else or find another insurance company.

I worked in the insurance industry for 8 years and working on the rating plans that computes the premiums.
They added one week both ways this morning. SIGH. Order 7/6, blue/black, NJ. Now August 23/Sept 13.

Well. My husband sold our second car (the one that was supposed to be the $400 trade-in) for $900. Which is nice, except... Our insurance told us that if we removed it from our policy and added another car in a couple of weeks, we would get an increase in premiums. Why? I don't know. But it's annoying as heck because now we have to keep that car on our insurance even if we sold it until we get our VIN. And even then, it means paying possibly an extra two weeks of premium until we actually get the car. Also some crap like we would be liable for any ticket until he switches the plates (I mean, we have texts and stuff as "proof" that we sold the car I suppose, so we could contest it, but still).

Also, we're out a car for possibly another month at this point and it completely stinks. Should really just have waited and traded it in, it's stupid, but my husband didn't listen to me so... We had to pay $300 to repair it so it would pass the inspection too. Total suckage.

Don't do it.
I've been told that if I don't have any car insurance, I will get quoted for higher, and that it's better to switch from car to car.

I've been told that if I don't have any car insurance, I will get quoted for higher, and that it's better to switch from car to car.
I can only think of having a lapse in car insurance for them saying that. Having a lapse in your insurance history is not good but that only applies when you have a registered vehicle without any insurance. In this case, you would have sold your car and not have a lapse. Different insurance companies have different rules so it might be different for your insurance company.

Just got the “Next to schedule your delivery” Text message!! Was on my phone and clicked the link within 15 secs of receiving it… NO APPOINTMENTS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE, PLEASE TRY TOMORROW AT 8AM” Why do they make everything so frustrating!!
Update.. finally got through to my dealership as SA hasn’t gotten back to me. My car is on the train and should be in Chicago today. Apparently someone scheduled me for “Home Delivery” which isn’t even an option for me since I’m 15mins from the dealership. They scheduled me for AUG 11! It’s finally coming home!! Here’s hoping for no more surprises or delays.

I sent my VIN over to my SA to set up an appointment and he got back to me with a Congratulations template with delivery/payment instructions. He set me up for August 18th 11:30 AM, so our cars must be on the same shipment!

My VIN still doesn't show on my account though. Don't think it matters cause it's in the source code and confirmed on the proforma invoice from my SA.
View attachment 692548
Interesting my EDD dates are still changing, i wonder if the extension is still picking up the back end. same as you no vin. We might get these sooner
2021-08-05 11_38_42-_ Tesla Canada - Brave.jpg