Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I just want is the VIN. I'm fine with not getting delivery yet since my company just announced that we won't be back in the office until January next year, so I don't really have a need for it. But I do want to start lining up financing and insurance already (and just have a plan basically...)

But other than that I'm just super excited for this car. It's been my dream car since I started driving 12 years ago and I can't believe I've gotten to a point where I can afford it.

Hi All, just wanted to add myself to the growing list of those waiting for their Model 3!

Order date: August 2nd, 2021
Rocklin, CA
Blue SR+
White Interior
No FSD
Standard 18" Aero Wheels

I don't have an EDD as of right now, what is the general consensus on that? Should I have received one by now?

Tony
Welcome! I wouldn’t worry about it, you’ll get one eventually. Just make sure your profile is complete and try not to lose too much hair waiting!

Reactions: Vystery
Pick up is tomorrow after 3 days of delays, so for today I get to use this!!!

Attachments

• BBF0E826-E431-40DB-8982-3F4B62D4BE30.jpeg
    BBF0E826-E431-40DB-8982-3F4B62D4BE30.jpeg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 72
I had an SA call me the day after my order. Told me to call back. I left a message two times, and have never heard anything back. Its been 3 weeks 🤣
Same thing happened to me when I bought my 2019 M3, I called back and never heard from them again. I surmise it's the 'ol "you snooze, you lose". When they didn't reach me, they simply went to the next person. I ordered a 22 LR 3 on 7/26 and it's been crickets so far, except the initial EDD was in November.

Me also. I know it's not unexpected especially since I only ordered on 7/25. I am also considering changing my order to a LR as I can't stop worrying about range and having it limit my enjoyment of the car. Ugh, what to do?!o_O
I have a SR+ currently and suffered from range anxiety on many an occasion, So I ordered a long range 3 on the 26th of last month. What I found was that for every mile I drove, I consume 1.3 to 1.5 range miles (sometimes 1.6), so at 240 (if you can consistently charge to 240) you'll get somewhere between 160 and 180 actual miles (YMMV), versus a LR at 235 to 272.

Reactions: Mattyboy
EDD changed from 08/07-08/17 yesterday to 08/28-09/17 this morning…06/06 order, I’m losing my hope😭
Same here. It seems us Cali folks are towards the end of the quarter regardless of when the order was placed. My current edd everyday front date is moving back while the end remains the same. yesterday 8/7-8/15, today 8/8-8/15, tomorrow 8/9-8/15? Possibly back to 9 to 13 weeks. Excuse my venting, I am feeling little discouraged.

Reactions: iamlina
I have a SR+ currently and suffered from range anxiety on many an occasion, So I ordered a long range 3 on the 26th of last month. What I found was that for every mile I drove, I consume 1.3 to 1.5 range miles (sometimes 1.6), so at 240 (if you can consistently charge to 240) you'll get somewhere between 160 and 180 actual miles (YMMV), versus a LR at 235 to 272.
I biggest issue now is the cost difference. I can afford it, but the $10,000 price jump seems excessive for more range and a few upgrades I don't really need. My wife also is not on board with the change. We have two ICE vehicles for trips she says! I want to take the Tesla on trips!:p

Reactions: Vystery