Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN today!! 🎉

My Cali friends, don't give up hope! Order date 6/25 SR+ white/black 19" no FSD. My EDD has been shrinking by 1 day, on the front end, since Saturday the 31st. I woke up today at 8/8-8/16 and around 2pm I got an email saying "Model 3 financed VIN available" with a new EDD of 8/9-8/11. I immediately moved some money from another bank to pay my balance but it wont be available until Monday. Hopefully that's not an issue to wait 2 days. I think my next step is contact with the delivery center? Anyone who recently received a VIN can you confirm that for me?

My very first EDD was 8/14-9/3 so I think there's some truth to that being pretty accurate. Hang in there everyone, your day will come!!

Just for comparative reference, the two us have ordered the same configuration, and both to SoCal. Primary difference is that you ordered 41 days before me. The back end of my edd has never wavered from 9/30, while the front end has drifted from 9/11 to 9/19.

Seems like most people are getting their vins around 2 months after they order, so I hope you get yours soon as well. If not, maybe our configurations/delivery locations are slowing us down a bit…
Thanks! Wish the same for you. Both of my dates have been moving, only once change had it show a 10 day window. To add to the burn, I think I had a $100 delivery, office chair, stolen from my porch. What sucks is I was home all along! Not sure if the company was scam

Reactions: Vystery
My estimated date just changed to "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." It was showing 9/17 - 9/30 yesterday, anyone else see that? Originally ordered Silver, rims, white interior on 7/22 and had a mid August estimate. Decided I liked the white exterior and normal rims (minus the covers) and changed just to white / white and that changed it to end of September. I'm in Southern California.
I ordered 7/15 and have no EDD at the moment :(. I’m also in Southern California.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Got a VIN today!! 🎉

My Cali friends, don't give up hope! Order date 6/25 SR+ white/black 19" no FSD. My EDD has been shrinking by 1 day, on the front end, since Saturday the 31st. I woke up today at 8/8-8/16 and around 2pm I got an email saying "Model 3 financed VIN available" with a new EDD of 8/9-8/11. I immediately moved some money from another bank to pay my balance but it wont be available until Monday. Hopefully that's not an issue to wait 2 days. I think my next step is contact with the delivery center? Anyone who recently received a VIN can you confirm that for me?

My very first EDD was 8/14-9/3 so I think there's some truth to that being pretty accurate. Hang in there everyone, your day will come!!
I picked up in Stockton this week and didn't need to contact the delivery center at all. I did call because it wouldn't let my husband co-sign but other than that you should be good to go. I think they called my husband though the night before to confirm delivery since his number is listed on the account. You'll get a schedule delivery prompt probably tomorrow since ours was the next day after getting VIN from buying current inventory.

Got a VIN today!! 🎉

Same here. For a little while I was getting discouraged. Logged in at 2 pm found the TV confirmation and the vin via source code lookup. Pickup is scheduled for Tuesday 8/10.

Got a VIN today!! 🎉

To add, I had received a text from the delivery center with the pickup date and time.

Hey Folks,

Final update - out of purgatory!! Tesla dropped off the car today, and as usual it wasn't without drama.

Below are my thoughts, and experiences.

- Ordered 6/1, Bay Area CA with a Fremont Factory pickup. 8-12 weeks initial wait, using a referral code.
- Few days after ordering, SA from a closer Service Center reached out to me, welcomed to the "team" and let me know that my pickup would be at their facility, instead of Fremont.
- Constant EDD updates. EDD Does not matter, it doesn't mean anything. Look at it only for fun, it means nothing. You can count it moving up, moving down, shrinking, moving back a month, it doesn't matter.
- Waited for about 1.5 months, and started checking forums. Personally for my mental health this was rough, watching people order after me get VIN's daily was hard! I stopped checking so frequently.
- EDD would shift, and for a long time stayed in end-of-September.
- Again, EDD means nothing.
- On 8/3, 63 days after ordering, at noon I received the TV prompt and got a VIN. EDD shifted to 8/5-8/9
- 8/5, I got the Final Payment prompt, and Tesla automatically scheduled my HOME DELIVERY for 8/7, 9am-6pm.
- So I initially selected Fremont pickup, then the SA said I'll be picking up in a center closer to my house, then Tesla automatically scheduled me for home delivery. I never had a choice here, and that's frustrating. I didn't really want to do home delivery, but with a three month old at home it was the most convenient option
- 8/6 I get a call from Delivery confirming the 8/7 delivery. I ask "hey, can I Just pick it up today from the center, since it's already there?" and the delivery rep says "oh, we can just drop it off today." "today?" "yea! We'll drop it off before 6pm".
- I get an email asking to sign the car documents.
- I waited from 11:30am after the initial call until 5:30pm, still no car. Call the center and they say "We're still just waiting on a driver, no worries, if it's after 6 you're still getting the car today".
- 6:50pm the Model 3 drives up to my driveway. 15 miles on the ODO.
- Wife and I do the walkthrough, and find that one of the tail lights is slightly misaligned, and both "key cards" are very bent. We'll get this fixed in service. earliest mobile service appointment is late August.
- Inside the white interior, the delivery guy did a pretty bad job. There were smudges everywhere. Granted it's a white interior, but I was a bit disappointed he didn't wipe it down.
- Screen still has the plastic screen cover on it, so this will be perfect for installing our Matte screen protector.
- Took the car for a drive, immediately forgot all my issues with EDD and the delivery experience.

All in all, this was one of the worst delivery experiences I've had, but somehow the car is incredible! If they can just stop jerking people around with constant EDD updates, and have some actual communication I really wouldn't have had a problem. But waking up to "hey next week", to "end of next month" is incredibly disheartening & discouraging.
- EDD is meaningless. The day before I got my VIN, my EDD was mid August. Day of the VIN it jumped to late September. Then noon that day, I got the VIN. Soo... why is it like this? Who knows.
- Just look at your initial estimate, you'll likely get the car within that time frame.
- If you're in CA, you'll likely get the car closer to end of quarter, since that's just how it is. Tesla doesn't do first come first serve it seems, and east coats gets them first.
- They sold 200k cars last quarter. That's like, 2000 cars delivered a day. Theres lot of us.
- When you get your delivery appointment, it's also not necessarily a fixed date. When they Delivery Center gets the car, they inspect it very late in the process (at least in the Bay Area, it's high volume) and they can push it back the night before / day of if they find an issue.
- Day of delivery, be ready to sweat buckets. I had a 9am-6pm "delivery appointment", and the car came almost at 7pm!

But seriously, driving this car is amazing, and I'm looking forward to the future of owning this car.

Good luck to everyone, I hope you all get out of purgatory soon, and don't be discouraged by seeing the EDD push back.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 76
My estimated date just changed to "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." It was showing 9/17 - 9/30 yesterday, anyone else see that? Originally ordered Silver, rims, white interior on 7/22 and had a mid August estimate. Decided I liked the white exterior and normal rims (minus the covers) and changed just to white / white and that changed it to end of September. I'm in Southern California.
Similar. Ordered on 7/27. Got misc. Sept EDDs. Then 8-13 weeks. Now "We will reach out to you..." I'm thinking Oct/Nov, and meanwhile, I'm enjoying my stick shift Mazda 3.

Similar. Ordered on 7/27. Got misc. Sept EDDs. Then 8-13 weeks. Now "We will reach out to you..." I'm thinking Oct/Nov, and meanwhile, I'm enjoying my stick shift Mazda 3.
too funny - I also currently drive a manual transmission Mazda 3 - 2015. I’ve owned it since new and it’s been mostly trouble free but I had to get it towed 2 days ago because I lost the serpentine belt. Something an electric car won’t have… 😁

• Funny
Reactions: prplrain