Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote it myself in .NET Core. I’ll see if I can put something together over the weekend to replicate it for anyone who wants it.
Ha, I did a PowerShell Core script on my Mac that scans the API for desired config of model 3 / Y - uses the text to voice to announce when they are available. Used it for the first time this morning and grabbed one, pick it up tomorrow at noon. If someone is comfortable with powershell I can share but not something that is out of the box on a mac.

Does anyone get a blank white screen after about 20-25 mins of refreshing the existing inventory page
Try clearing your cache?

The shop I'm going to only offers formula one series but they've done a ton of Tesla's so I trust them the most.
Oooo, well makes sense. I just copied whatever my bf got on his car.. and the charts UV/IR blocking etc looked good enough. 😂

Are you doing 70% all over?

Hi Everyone! Long-time lurker and refresher of EDD, first time poster. Ordered SR+ 7/7 blue/black 18” for Paramus, NJ delivery. Currently the random number slot machine shows EDD 8/25-9/5 so cautiously optimistic for a VIN soon. I actually also had a 5/14 order that I canceled/reordered for the $5K NJ rebate eligibility, so it feels like the wait has been a lot longer.

A few questions someone might be able to help with:
1) Anyone else ordered for Paramus, NJ recently had to do home delivery? I didn’t think they even offered it at that location, and based on some of the horror stories in this forum I’d rather avoid home delivery if it’s pushed on me.

2) I’m currently set to Cash but plan to switch over to Loan as soon as my VIN is assigned (so my order for now is close to “final” and don’t have to pull credit multiple times). Once I get my VIN, is it better to try to schedule a delivery date/time first, or get the financing in place first instead? Not sure if there’s a benefit to a certain order.

Thanks! Hope you all get your VINs soon!

Hi Everyone! Long-time lurker and refresher of EDD, first time poster. Ordered SR+ 7/7 blue/black 18” for Paramus, NJ delivery. Currently the random number slot machine shows EDD 8/25-9/5 so cautiously optimistic for a VIN soon. I actually also had a 5/14 order that I canceled/reordered for the $5K NJ rebate eligibility, so it feels like the wait has been a lot longer.

1) Anyone else ordered for Paramus, NJ recently had to do home delivery? I didn’t think they even offered it at that location, and based on some of the horror stories in this forum I’d rather avoid home delivery if it’s pushed on me.

2) I’m currently set to Cash but plan to switch over to Loan as soon as my VIN is assigned (so my order for now is close to “final” and don’t have to pull credit multiple times). Once I get my VIN, is it better to try to schedule a delivery date/time first, or get the financing in place first instead? Not sure if there’s a benefit to a certain order.

another NJ peep!!

welcome!! curious to hear how your paramus pickup will go also, please keep us posted!

Hopefully that gives my EDD some legitimacy. Ordered 6/23 to Mt. Kisco (Same area) and have a similar EDD. Makes sense if that week they're tossing the northeast a train full of cars.

Reactions: asquared17
I'm about to hit a week of the same EDD of August 23 - September 12. It's been nice to have it stay consistent, hopefully the window tightens and I get a VIN soon. Ordered 7/3, blue/black/aero. I haven't seen anything in my area on the inventory sites so I'm just giving up and waiting. There aren't many Midwestern folks on here so it's hard to get a feeling for who else is getting VINs.

I'm about to hit a week of the same EDD of August 23 - September 12. It's been nice to have it stay consistent, hopefully the window tightens and I get a VIN soon. Ordered 7/3, blue/black/aero. I haven't seen anything in my area on the inventory sites so I'm just giving up and waiting. There aren't many Midwestern folks on here so it's hard to get a feeling for who else is getting VINs.
You’re right…not too many of us here. I did get a VIN last Saturday but I have a different configuration to you (white/white/19 in wheels). I ordered on 6/11 so maybe you’re coming up on your VIN assignment in the next couple of weeks?

Reactions: Vystery
Did the refresh thing on the new car inventory in SoCal this morning, seems that cars drop 8:00 - 8:30, managed to pick up white/white SR+ (same car I ordered) that is local.
One thing I didn't think would be as bad, was my insurance premium, didn't really shop around yet but went up 2X +. That is for a married couple in their 40's, no kids of driving age.
Did the refresh thing on the new car inventory in SoCal this morning, seems that cars drop 8:00 - 8:30, managed to pick up white/white SR+ (same car I ordered) that is local.
One thing I didn't think would be as bad, was my insurance premium, didn't really shop around yet but went up 2X +. That is for a married couple in their 40's, no kids of driving age.
Get a quote from wawanesa. You will be quite surprised.

Reactions: NCee
So given some bad experiences with the delivery process, I’m wondering what I should look for in my delivery. I know @notknown has gone through a lot and (in my opinion) too much for a new car owner.

I already have the checklist saved but wondering what is the “deal breaker”? What makes you say “I can’t take this car after all that I paid for it?!”.

So given some bad experiences with the delivery process, I’m wondering what I should look for in my delivery. I know @notknown has gone through a lot and (in my opinion) too much for a new car owner.

I already have the checklist saved but wondering what is the “deal breaker”? What makes you say “I can’t take this car after all that I paid for it?!”.

View attachment 695299

finally big day!! Picked up from Costa Mesa, CA this morning. Everything was perfect! Best wishes to everyone here! All the waiting is worth it!!

You know... I've been thinking of how to mod the car the last 2 months of waiting, I might as well just get it out of the way with the tint. 😂😂 PLUS, at least with the pillar delete I won't look too much like all of the other Tesla's. 😅

Apparently 70 tint on front wind shield and front windows is now legal in California, for the Cali residents!!

What did they quote you for the pillar delete?

Reactions: Vystery