Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just checked on the NJ rebate website - looking strong at 60% remaining 🤗 unless all you impatient NJ orderers run through it with your new deliveries 😂

my uncle was saying how the first chunk of the money went so fast because of the people who were due rebates from last year before it ran out. then the payout seemed to slow down substantially. it’s been between 19-18 million remaining for the duration of this month actually.

…am i rebate obsessed? does it show?? 😂

all joking aside, i’m excited for my NJ crew who got reservations!! send pics, tell us all about your deliveries!!
Anyone know how much that first chunk was? Then we can see what the weekly usage rate was after that.

Like amazing drop for everyone but makes me wonder where the hell did these cars come from lol
I have a feeling they were short on current batteries and decided to prioritize their current inventory for LR/Performance M3s because of higher profit margins. So they started importing the LFP batteries from China.

China sales have been on a decline for Tesla so they may have had an abundance of LFP batteries.

also — potentially dumb question — if the SA reached out/tesla sent the email to transfer you to a new car from your existing reservation, did you have to pay the order fee again?

because i know a lot of us paid $100 before it got jacked to $250 😳
No, you can use the already paid $100 deposit , make sure you tell SA, I picked a car over the phone with SA.

• Helpful
Reactions: asquared17
just checked on the NJ rebate website - looking strong at 60% remaining 🤗 unless all you impatient NJ orderers run through it with your new deliveries 😂

my uncle was saying how the first chunk of the money went so fast because of the people who were due rebates from last year before it ran out. then the payout seemed to slow down substantially. it’s been between 19-18 million remaining for the duration of this month actually.

…am i rebate obsessed? does it show?? 😂

all joking aside, i’m excited for my NJ crew who got reservations!! send pics, tell us all about your deliveries!!
Just hoping that the "limited" run doesn't exhaust the rebate! $5K is enough to get obsessed about!!

My SA is off today. If I found the same spec but on the east coast, I know I have to pay the transportation fee for that but does anyone know if I still have to pay the 1200 on top of it? (As you know the original order has the 1200ish transportation fee already)

I wonder how many ppl just got bumped up in line for their build with everyone drinking the kool-aid! My mother in law has a SR+ MSM w/19”s if that build goes to inventory consider it gone.

Debating whether I should pick up my car at the nearby Service Center (15-20 mins away) or have it home delivered. If I pick it up at the SC, I could probably have any issues addressed on the spot versus having to book an appointment if I notice any issues with home delivery.

Any other pros or cons I should consider?
@Francl27 My SA also got back to me and said "You will receive a text within the next couple of days to a week that will contain Princeton's delivery calendar which you can use to pick the best day and time of their available days and times to go in for delivery. Keep an eye out for that! It currently looks like the car will be arriving at Princeton around the end of the first week of September.
Hi,

We are waiting to collect out M3SR+ blue/black sep 2 in Denmark.
Car should have arrived in Zeebrugge yesterday and be on the way to Denmark 😁

Does anyone know how long it takes for the truck to get from Zeebrugge to Ringsted, Denmark? Seems a bit long to under way for a week.
Hoping for an earlier pickup !
Tons (20+) SR+ just dropped in LA zip code.

Try 90058 ZIP.
Like amazing drop for everyone but makes me wonder where the hell did these cars come from lol
I ordered a Sr+ off the inventory site.But the order pay screen kept spinning after I put in my credit card. So I called an SA and asked what is going on. She said it probably crashed. Then I asked her about these inventory car and she said it has a lower range and it must be charged to 100% once a week. Also I would have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for delivery. Since I only can usea 110 volt trickle charge, 100% weekly would not work She advised me against it and wait till the end of Sept for my regular order to come in. She said to close out the screen and I was not charged. If it did go thru, she could cancel it. So FYI ,the inventory car arrives in 2 to 3 weeks and has to be charged to 100% weekly. Hope this helps

Okay wow, is this a bait and switch? I didn't catch the 10 mile drop in range and put down a deposit for one of these.

Is there something wrong with these ones in the email? The specs don't call out which battery chemistry is present, nor does it say which battery chemistry is better...

Order date 6/16, got my vin 18 days ago, and the call to setup a delivery appointment this Sunday!

Basically, the car is arriving when the SA said it would back in July, and the whole EDD thing has been just a silly distraction while waiting not terribly patiently for the car. My advice is to not focus on EDDs at all, and obsessively check them only if you enjoy the ups and downs of a pretty inaccurate measure.

For those that are wondering about LFP I would watch this video by Matt Ferrell, it talks about the chemistry, pros/cons and why they are moving in this direction.

The bottom line, it should have a very minimal if not indistinguishable impact on SR+ cars. From my understanding, LFP is not ready for LR or performance cars yet.

• Helpful
For those that are wondering about LFP I would watch this video by Matt Ferrell, it talks about the chemistry, pros/cons and why they are moving in this direction.

The bottom line, it should have a very minimal if not indistinguishable impact on SR+ cars. From my understanding, LFP is not ready for LR or performance cars yet.

Thanks. These cars that suddenly appeared with lower range, which chemistry do they have?

Okay wow, is this a bait and switch? I didn't catch the 10 mile drop in range and put down a deposit for one of these.

Is there something wrong with these ones in the email? The specs don't call out which battery chemistry is present, nor does it say which battery chemistry is better...
Thanks. These cars that suddenly appeared with lower range, which chemistry do they have?
This thread has plenty of information if you take time to read it

Reactions: CarlZ