Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh I hope the SAs and the chat agents can get their info lined up. Some are saying my car is pre-production, some are saying it is waiting to be assign to a truck, while one told me the car is on a truck heading down from Fremont to Burbank. At this point I don't know who to trust anymore 😂
I think in the case of CA there can be so little time between those events that it actually gets confusing trying to say exactly where it is.

Also the man with two watches never knows what time it is.

• Funny
Reactions: NB Hip fan
I think in the case of CA there can be so little time between those events that it actually gets confusing trying to say exactly where it is.
Hoping that is the case. There also seems to be confusion amongst themselves about when will the schedule delivery appt text be sent. Some are saying when it gets loaded onto a truck while others are saying when the delivery center receives the vehicle.

I definitely feel more confused after talking to them than I was before

Reactions: RogerMc
There also seems to be confusion amongst themselves about when will the schedule delivery appt text be sent. Some are saying when it gets loaded onto a truck while others are saying when the delivery center receives the vehicle.
That's an interesting detail. Sounds plausible (at least for CA). I had wondered what event triggers the text.

I definitely feel more confused after talking to them than I was before
Likewise. Communication isn't their strength.

Ugh I hope the SAs and the chat agents can get their info lined up. Some are saying my car is pre-production, some are saying it is waiting to be assign to a truck, while one told me the car is on a truck heading down from Fremont to Burbank. At this point I don't know who to trust anymore 😂
Same delivery location! LMK if you get any updates and ill do the same! what's your EDD?

If anyone is curious how Tesla moved the original 100 reservation fee to the new order.

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 3.57.38 PM.png

So we are a single car family as of today. I sold my Audi A3 to carvana and it was picked up today. Loved that car so it’s bittersweet to see it go. But my delivery date is 09/04 so it will only be a week. Carvana experience was great! They paid WAY more than what Tesla and every other online dealer would give me and it was super easy. Hoping these next 7 days go by quickly!

Mine is today (8/28) through next Thurs which is (9/2). Hoping that it is on a truck heading down!

I’m 8/29-9/2 on my account page, but I called the Buena Park service center where the car is being sent, and the sales guy who answered the phone said the dates would probably be more like 9/1 - 9/15. He was talking about how the car would need to be processed and so forth, but two weeks? I would guess there’s something more going on. The sales guy admitted that things are a little crazy busy at his service center.

That big inventory dump has probably increased the heck out of some dealerships’ workloads and they might be scrambling to keep up. Then I keep seeing mentions here and there about how the lfp cars might need to be updated in some fashion before being released.

I’m 8/29-9/2 on my account page, but I called the Buena Park service center where the car is being sent, and the sales guy who answered the phone said the dates would probably be more like 9/1 - 9/15. He was talking about how the car would need to be processed and so forth, but two weeks? I would guess there’s something more going on. The sales guy admitted that things are a little crazy busy at his service center.

That big inventory dump has probably increased the heck out of some dealerships’ workloads and they might be scrambling to keep up. Then I keep seeing mentions here and there about how the lfp cars might need to be updated in some fashion before being released.
Hm, I have heard about numerous people who ordered the LFP M3 SR+s are taking delivery next week (already scheduled). Two weeks seem a little crazy in that sense. But understandably so, this inventory dump probably pushed them over the edge.

Hey, 2 weeks is better than Jan 2022, no?😄

Reactions: RogerMc
So we are a single car family as of today. I sold my Audi A3 to carvana and it was picked up today. Loved that car so it’s bittersweet to see it go. But my delivery date is 09/04 so it will only be a week. Carvana experience was great! They paid WAY more than what Tesla and every other online dealer would give me and it was super easy. Hoping these next 7 days go by quickly!
What are you doing with your original SR+ order? You got a VIN already right?