Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s possible but in 2019 the switched in October too to 2020. Guess we’ll see what I get. I don’t want to accept a 2021 now and lose a year of depreciation in a week.
That's what I thought too, I was the one who urged him to place an order back and we timed it so he'd take delivery around this time. By this time last year, it was already the next year release.

I wish that they'd keep it consistent.

/edit - for reference, my friend is taking delivery this Sunday. He got his VIN yesterday (10/21) and we confirmed it w/ a VIN check that it is indeed 2021.

In the mean time, while we’re all waiting… the price just went up again. SR+ now $43,990 w/ EDD of Sept ‘22.
I have never felt so lucky. Managed to get mine a couple days before they discontinued the referral program, then increase the price 2k, then CA rebate going from $1500->750, and then another 2k price increase! I’ve “saved” almost $5k. Geeze…

In the mean time, while we’re all waiting… the price just went up again. SR+ now $43,990 w/ EDD of Sept ‘22.
Holy batteries batman! That pretty much kills the idea of grabbing a car out of inventory for any of us waiting on delivery.

I have never felt so lucky. Managed to get mine a couple days before they discontinued the referral program, then increase the price 2k, then CA rebate going from $1500->750, and then another 2k price increase! I’ve “saved” almost $5k. Geeze…
Nice! I'm still waiting on delivery, so I only $750 rebate for me....but at least I avoided the $4k price increase. Yikes! (Edit: I just checked the details on my order page, and it still says "-$1500 CA Clean Fuel Reward", but I'm pretty sure the credit is based on delivery time, not order date, so there will be an adjustment. Or maybe Tesla will eat the cost....yeah right.)

Note the LR price has not moved all this time....only a $6k adder for the LR now. Makes me think battery costs are falling fast and there is little cost difference for Tesla between the SR+ and the LR.

Last edited: