Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does this process work? If you find on you line in the existing inventory. Buy that car from the inventory and cancel your existing order? If my date keeps getting pushed back, I may need to go down that route.
Yes, I had an existing order but ended up taking delivery of one the LFP cars when they were offered. I ordered the LFP car and canceled my other order. The only tricky part was if you plan to do financing. I did have to reapply for financing but was immediately approved.

Reactions: mkhalasi85
How does this process work? If you find on you line in the existing inventory. Buy that car from the inventory and cancel your existing order? If my date keeps getting pushed back, I may need to go down that route.
You can ask an SA and they cancel your previous order, and then credit your new order with the $250 order fee from the now canceled one.

That's brutal. Not sure if you have seen my original post? Such a frustrating process...
I hope something changes for you soon. When I spoke to a manager at the delivery centre here in Vancouver she offered me a M3 SR+ Red with Aero. Very surprised she was able to pull a vehicle from existing inventory and offer it up as an olive branch to me.
Original order SR+ M3 Silver Aero no FSD. Turned down her offer as I wanted the Silver colour.
Maybe give your deliver centre a call? Hope it changes for you.
Just an update: Called today and delivery center said I should be receiving it by the end of the month. Let’s see if this holds to be true.

Reactions: dirwin188
  • Informative
Tesla announced today that all standard range cars globally would be switching to LFP batteries. Didn't see any details on how fast this would happen, if they are importing the LFP's from CATL in China or building them here, what this means for cars already ordered, etc. Sent my SA an email but no word yet....

Tesla will change the type of battery cells it uses in all its standard-range cars
Tesla said under the Giga-China blurb that: "For standard range vehicles, we are shifting to lithium iron phosphate (lfp) battery technology globally."

There is no timeline stated or anything definite about Fremont. I don't know why the media ran with this. Elon said something similar earlier this year.

Tesla announced today that all standard range cars globally would be switching to LFP batteries. Didn't see any details on how fast this would happen, if they are importing the LFP's from CATL in China or building them here, what this means for cars already ordered, etc. Sent my SA an email but no word yet....

Tesla will change the type of battery cells it uses in all its standard-range cars
I dont think it means anything for people who already ordered NCA . We ordered 262 miles range SR+ . . also LFP was always the plan for Tesla but when no one knows. I think when they actually change configuration online and it shows the range for LFP then it becomes official. For now it is still NCA.

I dont think it means anything for people who already ordered NCA . We ordered 262 miles range SR+ . . also LFP was always the plan for Tesla but when no one knows. I think when they actually change configuration online and it shows the range for LFP then it becomes official. For now it is still NCA.
262mi sr+ are lfp not nca.... it's 262 on the monroney sticker even though most of us still showing 253 on the car. 263mi is the nca battery. Real verification is the weight but all indication (including my monroney page) is that 262/253mi is lfp and 263 is nca... on 18 inch aero.

262mi sr+ are lfp not nca.... it's 262 on the monroney sticker even though most of us still showing 253 on the car. 263mi is the nca battery. Real verification is the weight but all indication (including my monroney page) is that 262/253mi is lfp and 263 is nca... on 18 inch aero.

There's a VIN decoder. LFP is "F" for battery type.

• Disagree
Reactions: zzlark
HI all, just placed my order for M3SR+ and after being approved for the loan the estimated delivery time in the app is saying is November-December while was March when I was placing an order. I've been waiting for deliveries to be pushed to the next year before the ordering so the resale price in the future will be better. How accurate those dates are and is there a way I can ask Tesla to deliver next year without being penalized?
Also such a quick delivery suggest that it is LFP batteries and car made in China which I am not very fond of.
An update on my initial post. Just got the vin number and my delivery is scheduled by the end of October. Based on the vin the car will be 2021 and manufactured in Fremont. If Tesla did not increase a price a couple months ago I would of just cancel this order and place a new one so my car would of been 2022 but now I guess I have to take a delivery of 2021 to offset the 2k difference :)