Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Date - 08/13/2021

White/White/Aero/No FSD
Home location - Vernon, CT
Delivery Location - Mt. Kisco, NY

EDD 08/13: Nov 28 - Dec 28
EDD 10/21: Feb 14 - March 14
EDD 11/01: Feb 14 - March 14
EDD 11/13: Jan 5 - Feb 2
EDD 11/20: Dec 17 - Dec 31
EDD 11/23: Dec 14 - Dec 28

Got my VIN today (12/06). Actual Delivery is showing between Dec 20th and Dec 24th.

Accepted the vision and reduced acceleration agreements right away. Seeing a few posts here changed the payment type to cash in Nov first week and EDD started to move closer. May be it was supposed to I've only seen it move closer after I updated the payment method to cash. I called the customer care and had the payment method updated to Finance, got the offer from US Bank within 20 mins with the advertised terms (2.49% APR, Zero down). Insurance quote is at $220 a month from Progressive. Insurance was at 145 a month for my Alfa Romeo Giulia from Geico but they are quoting me $326 a month 😇🤣 Should speak with local state farm guy and see if he can do any better than Progressive 😭

Apart from the insurance companies trying to screw me, I am very happy today!!

White/white/aero/no FSD
OD: 8/14
EDD: varied from November to December
Latest EDD: 12/06-12/14
VIN has not been assigned:
Just received the Vision and Lower Acceleration notification this morning in mytesla app. My guess is the VIN assignment is around the corner and a very good chance I receive delivery notification next week. I was hoping to take delivery after Jan 1st.

Order Date - 08/13/2021

White/White/Aero/No FSD
Home location - Vernon, CT
Delivery Location - Mt. Kisco, NY

EDD 08/13: Nov 28 - Dec 28
EDD 10/21: Feb 14 - March 14
EDD 11/01: Feb 14 - March 14
EDD 11/13: Jan 5 - Feb 2
EDD 11/20: Dec 17 - Dec 31
EDD 11/23: Dec 14 - Dec 28

Got my VIN today (12/06). Actual Delivery is showing between Dec 20th and Dec 24th.

Accepted the vision and reduced acceleration agreements right away. Seeing a few posts here changed the payment type to cash in Nov first week and EDD started to move closer. May be it was supposed to I've only seen it move closer after I updated the payment method to cash. I called the customer care and had the payment method updated to Finance, got the offer from US Bank within 20 mins with the advertised terms (2.49% APR, Zero down). Insurance quote is at $220 a month from Progressive. Insurance was at 145 a month for my Alfa Romeo Giulia from Geico but they are quoting me $326 a month 😇🤣 Should speak with local state farm guy and see if he can do any better than Progressive 😭

Apart from the insurance companies trying to screw me, I am very happy today!!
I'm trading a 2017 Alpha Romeo Guilia with clear title which is also insured with GEICO. After seeing your quote, I'm thinking about getting a Tesla insurance quote, or USAA. I had a June delivery date originally, then March, then 22 Dec - 31 Dec, but today it changed back to March. Model 3 standard, white/black no FSD but upgraded wheels for San Diego delivery. Wondering about a last minute shift back to Dec. I did confirm that the car slated for Dec delivery would not have the new battery, but would be 2022.

I was seeing some conflicting information about the EV tax credit, so decided to go straight to H.R. 5376 and see for myself. It's 2,702 pages long, with EV's appearing in hundreds of sections and subsections. Appears most of the EV tax credits are discussed in section 136401. I was most concerned about the effective date. Yes, it's for cars acquired after Dec 31 2021, which is noted on page 1886. So, not feeling so bad about my date moving to March. H.R. 5376 has a long ways to go and many obstacles before it becomes law. Appears there won't be any ceilings like previously. ie... once Tesla sells x number of cars the credit disappears.

I was seeing some conflicting information about the EV tax credit, so decided to go straight to H.R. 5376 and see for myself. It's 2,702 pages long, with EV's appearing in hundreds of sections and subsections. Appears most of the EV tax credits are discussed in section 136401. I was most concerned about the effective date. Yes, it's for cars acquired after Dec 31 2021, which is noted on page 1886. So, not feeling so bad about my date moving to March. H.R. 5376 has a long ways to go and many obstacles before it becomes law. Appears there won't be any ceilings like previously. ie... once Tesla sells x number of cars the credit disappears.

I’ve seen multiple posts like yours, with slight variations, but they all agree that the bill is set to be effective 1/1/22, and they all carefully avoid quoting the exact text of the law that they says makes this so.

M3 SR+ MSM exterior/Black interior/18" Wheels/ with FSD

I placed my order 10/8, and the EDD has jumped back and forth between Jan and March. Since sometime in November, my EDD has been Dec 7-31st. It's almost Dec 7, so I'm expecting an updated EDD real soon.

It seems like people with upcoming EDDs this month are having their dates pushed back. My current EDD is Dec 7-31st and I have yet been assigned a VIN. I wouldn't be surprised if my delivery date gets delayed.