Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
because the finance option was not completed.

did that put me at the end of the queue?
yes it most likely had a hand in it.

certain trim options can take a while to fulfill, more so now because of the tax credits this year. a lot of people pushed their reservations back until this year for that reason. ive seen a lot of people have reservations as far back as 8-9 months for a tesla!!

having all of your steps taken will keep you moving along in the line. you got it in that you can always change your finance option, but its water under the bridge now. date range will change often and without any reason or rhyme-- dont let that discourage you. dont worry about it.

SAs cant help you so dont ping them about any updates. they only know what you see in your app. they may give you a time range based on their experiences with past reservations but thats a guess. joining the waiting room of the trim option you have will give you an idea of how things are moving.

yes it most likely had a hand in it.

certain trim options can take a while to fulfill, more so now because of the tax credits this year. a lot of people pushed their reservations back until this year for that reason. ive seen a lot of people have reservations as far back as 8-9 months for a tesla!!

having all of your steps taken will keep you moving along in the line. you got it in that you can always change your finance option, but its water under the bridge now. date range will change often and without any reason or rhyme-- dont let that discourage you. dont worry about it.

SAs cant help you so dont ping them about any updates. they only know what you see in your app. they may give you a time range based on their experiences with past reservations but thats a guess. joining the waiting room of the trim option you have will give you an idea of how things are moving.

Thank you for the reply. I wish Tesla would have some kind of banner in the pre delivery taks that would alert buyers to complete that portion. Looks like I am not the only that assumed the finance portion in the tasks list could be handled when the VIN is assigned. But like you said it’s nothing I can do about it now and just gotta wait for my VIN and final delivery day. I am still excited when I get the car though… whenever that may be! (I did put a refundable $100 for the VW ID 4 back in early December 2021 but I have not heard anything back. 99.99% I am sold on the Model 3 though.)

I finally have a delivery date for my blue/white/19"... March 28th. Arriving in Orlando. That's 165 days including the hold.

Still on the fence about it. Always wanted a Model 3 (in the best color for a 3 too) but already have a Model Y (158 day wait). Don't want to go through the transfer process again lol.

Reactions: RPYT
Hello - M3 srs+, silver metallic, no fsd, aero wheels. OD was 10/29/2021. Didn’t create account until mid Nov (was not in a hurry), updated pick up location, upload driver license then, but stopped at financing options. I thought I could handle finance/lease option until I get the VIN. Have not really checked the account until 2 weeks ago. Noticed EDD was end of May-early June. Changed to June a week ago. Then last night it changed to July 19-Aug 16. I understand EDD changes a lot. But now I wonder if my queue in line got pushed back because the finance option was not completed. I finally selected cash last night, which I understand can be changed once I get the VIN. But I wonder, since I did not update the finance options this whole time, did that put me at the end of the queue? Did I just waste 4 months? If so, I wish Tesla would update their process so it would alert people to complete the finance options as evidently a lot of people also did not complete that part like me. Any thoughts? Ty!
I also got delayed by 2 days, not so bad, because of this. I downloaded the Motor Vehicle Purch Agreement from my account and it says order date Nov 5th even though I did the order on the 3rd. In my case I called the Tesla centre and they told me I can choose cash for now and then change it when the VIN is produced.

If you go to your account and download the MVPA, it will show you the order date.

Reactions: eakrish
I also got delayed by 2 days, not so bad, because of this. I downloaded the Motor Vehicle Purch Agreement from my account and it says order date Nov 5th even though I did the order on the 3rd. In my case I called the Tesla centre and they told me I can choose cash for now and then change it when the VIN is produced.

If you go to your account and download the MVPA, it will show you the order date.
My MVPA shows a feb date (when i accepted their updated agreement they had sent out at that time) even though my OD was Oct 24th...weird

Hello - M3 srs+, silver metallic, no fsd, aero wheels. OD was 10/29/2021. Didn’t create account until mid Nov (was not in a hurry), updated pick up location, upload driver license then, but stopped at financing options. I thought I could handle finance/lease option until I get the VIN. Have not really checked the account until 2 weeks ago. Noticed EDD was end of May-early June. Changed to June a week ago. Then last night it changed to July 19-Aug 16. I understand EDD changes a lot. But now I wonder if my queue in line got pushed back because the finance option was not completed. I finally selected cash last night, which I understand can be changed once I get the VIN. But I wonder, since I did not update the finance options this whole time, did that put me at the end of the queue? Did I just waste 4 months? If so, I wish Tesla would update their process so it would alert people to complete the finance options as evidently a lot of people also did not complete that part like me. Any thoughts? Ty!
Misery loves company. I'm pretty sure this happened to me as well. I originally completed my financing option right away, only to discover that it was only good for 60 days, which was well before my EDD. Financing expired and I waited the next time before setting up financing and my date was moved back to June/July (11 months after I ordered). I have since updated financing, but as the others have said, nothing I can do about it now. I completely agree with you that there should be some information on there about completing this information so as to not delay your delivery.

Context:
OD 9/1
blue/black/aero/no FSD
Minnesota

Misery loves company. I'm pretty sure this happened to me as well. I originally completed my financing option right away, only to discover that it was only good for 60 days, which was well before my EDD. Financing expired and I waited the next time before setting up financing and my date was moved back to June/July (11 months after I ordered). I have since updated financing, but as the others have said, nothing I can do about it now. I completely agree with you that there should be some information on there about completing this information so as to not delay your delivery.

Context:
OD 9/1
blue/black/aero/no FSD
Minnesota
If someone wanted to provide a sales and support/consulting business for purchasing a Tesla/EV for a fee I'm sure they would do really well 🤣

There is a lot of info needed for the order and then the bloody wait time to actually get the car. Once you get it then the real work begins lol

Reactions: Soosh
Hello - I seem to be in a unique situation. Ordered a BLACK Model 3 RWD with standard wheels and no extras from Tesla Langley, BC on NOV 15 2021 and the original estimate for delivery was given as June 22 which was later advanced to February, then March but is now showing up as July 11 -August 08 2022. I had chosen to finance the car and submitted everything except the actual credit application. Have I wasted 4 months by sitting on this and should I change to "cash" option ? Why is my order not moving - Even if I book a new car with same specs today, it shows expected delivery as July 2022. What amd I doing wrong ? Please help.

Hello - I seem to be in a unique situation. Ordered a BLACK Model 3 RWD with standard wheels and no extras from Tesla Langley, BC on NOV 15 2021 and the original estimate for delivery was given as June 22 which was later advanced to February, then March but is now showing up as July 11 -August 08 2022. I had chosen to finance the car and submitted everything except the actual credit application. Have I wasted 4 months by sitting on this and should I change to "cash" option ? Why is my order not moving - Even if I book a new car with same specs today, it shows expected delivery as July 2022. What amd I doing wrong ? Please help.
I would change your financing option to cash ASAP. Once you get the VIN you can apply for the loan. This was the advice I got from my Tesla rep. You can also call Tesla or visit the closest centre to have them review your account to make sure it's good to go.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Soosh
Switch to cash and wait until you have a vin to apply for financing. You’re effectively out of line if you have steps that aren’t complete. The good news might be that once you complete them you don’t necessarily go to the back of the line.

Just got my ordered pushed back 4-5 months. Estimated delivery was Mar 17-30 with prepare for delivery message. Checked on it today and now it has an ED of June 15-July 27. Did something happen to production? RWD, Blue/White, aero wheels, no FSD.
It seems like sometimes that happens when systems are being updated. Maybe it’s a good sign that you’ll get your vin soon. Fingers crossed for you. You didn’t have a trade in estimate or financing agreement expire did you?

Reactions: Rezan8