Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, complete it ASAP. If any step is undone (or lapsed such as trade-in milage or expired financing) your car will never come. Most remove trade-in and switch to cash payment to avoid any lapses then swap back when they get a vin.
So we got financing for a 3/25 delivery that my wife denied for body damage so we're back in line. Our financing runs out on 4/28 and I asked my SA if I need to switch back over to cash before it runs out. He said final payment only matters once the VIN has been assigned. Because we were originally assigned a VIN and then rejected it, the payment option in the app still shows a completed check mark for Insurance and, the blue Start button is clickable for "Additional Payment Required".

The SA said it's that way because we already went through the whole process and gave up the VIN but that the financed payment option (plus our $31,000 down payment) does not have to be finalized even if the financing expires. Thanks to this post and many others in my M3LR thread, I just had them switch us to "Cash" just to rule out any further delays so thanks for the post.

Every person I have spoken to at Tesla has been as nice as they are unskilled. I messaged a chat agent last evening and he said I did not have my VIN because I changed to white seats 3 weeks ago and any change will delay an order. Like, I get you're going to get a spectrum of ability in any staff but even I know he was flat out wrong. The SA who helped me with my test drive quit 72 hours after and emails all bounced back - and no one ever reached back out to me.

Amazing cars, shitty company.
Yeah, I've been trying to get someone to actually talk to me about my purchase. Tried the chat, the national number, the local delivery center. They all seem incredibly uninformed and unwilling to help. Have asked for several call backs which I have not gotten. Customer Service is a hard job, but seems like this is an area that Tesla doesn't even bother to hire for.

Oh man, complete it ASAP. If any step is undone (or lapsed such as trade-in milage or expired financing) your car will never come. Most remove trade-in and switch to cash payment to avoid any lapses then swap back when they get a vin.
Thanks Scooter! Actually i did do this back then. I just thought this person was having the same issue i had. Also i had a question, after i get assigned my VIN, do i have to tell my SA to put back my Trade-in? Or do i do this myself? Because does the VIN only last 3 days to accept? He might take more than 3 days to give me a new offer on the car to accept.

Reactions: Spivas
Thanks Scooter! Actually i did do this back then. I just thought this person was having the same issue i had. Also i had a question, after i get assigned my VIN, do i have to tell my SA to put back my Trade-in? Or do i do this myself? Because does the VIN only last 3 days to accept? He might take more than 3 days to give me a new offer on the car to accept.
I do not know for sure! Like many things, it depends on if your account lets you. After you accept the VIN, I believe you can call and make those changes.

VIN issued - Insurance question?

I had my VIN issued yesterday with an EDD range of April 25 - April 29. It adjusted this morning to April 26 - April 30. I live in California so I'm eligible for Tesla insurance and received a quote. However, the app will not allow me to purchase the insurance. The purchase insurance button is not clickable at this time. I assume this is because the status is showing an estimated delivery date range and not a specific delivery date. Just making sure I'm doing everything correct on my end. Any specific info on what I should expect next is appreciated.

Have you asked that question to your SA? Looking at the Google sheet survey, there is no CAD order from August without VIN. (And I don't think yours is part of that survey)
Odd. He said there are a few from August to Sep, even a couple from late July that havent received theirs yet. Also, all tasks were completed ages ago as they appeared. I spoke to two different people and they said all I have left to do is wait.

I have not been given any update other than what's showing in my account. I guess @rudythecar is more charming than I am.
LOL I'm definitely not charming. The SA over text/email were not giving me any info and lately just stopped replying. What I did was walk into the local tesla delivery center/store (where I will take delivery) and chatted up one of the people, told him I've been waiting since Oct, he was very nice and gave me the extra 'factory gate' date.

I'm going on 10 weeks of "June 2022" ever since the SA changed my delivery location from QC/Ottawa to a temporary location in Bedford/Halifax since there is no Tesla store there yet. (Canada)

So far I am aware of 3 other people who ordered SR+ the same month as me (Oct, 2021) and all of us have been stuck with "June 2022" since February. Before that we all had date ranges.

Should we be concerned that the change in delivery location is causing problems with our EDD? There was a lot of movement for RWD/SR+ yesterday for October orders and we are worried we are going to miss out haha.

Would you call or just wait it out some more? 10 months seems like a long time to not have a date range.

Will there be anymore VINs coming? Or was yesterday the only day?
Who knows. All of this seems to be purely random, as if someone is picking names out of a hat....literally. Some things just don't make any sense. Such as a guy I know with the same exact build not far from me who ordered 3 weeks after me, receiving his back in March. Like, did I forget to dot an I or cross a T somewhere? Was I supposed to bring someone an apple?

None of it makes much sense.

When I ordered not long ago, on 3/8, I went with the 19" wheels for A) Looks better and B) Better delivery. Now that I see how EDD are so randomly going I just sent a e-mail to my SA asking to change the order back to the Aero 18, since the $2K difference will be +/- the cost of (4) OEM 18 wheels and tire for summer and I'll keep the Aero for winter. Anxious to see what will be the effect on my EDD.

Reactions: Soosh
Who knows. All of this seems to be purely random, as if someone is picking names out of a hat....literally. Some things just don't make any sense. Such as a guy I know with the same exact build not far from me who ordered 3 weeks after me, receiving his back in March. Like, did I forget to dot an I or cross a T somewhere? Was I supposed to bring someone an apple?

None of it makes much sense.
Very true. I even see people who ordered a few months later than me get their VINs last night. And i am still without one.