Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like the newest VIN's to be issued so far are November, the rest are from August - October. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong. I hope there's more good news coming, I was debating on switching to a LR based on the numbers....
I think for now I'm waiting for more updates -
Here's hoping for more good news!
I'm Nov 06. Still waiting for VIN. Look like an eternity.

It seems like the newest VIN's to be issued so far are November, the rest are from August - October. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong. I hope there's more good news coming, I was debating on switching to a LR based on the numbers....
FYI, Because of the global lithium shortages, M3LR has longer waiting time on Tesla website. M3 RWD uses LFP batteries and thus has shorter wait time.

My new EDD updated for 14 days window.
Current EDD 05/09-05/23, Pick-up location at Irvine, SoCal

OD 01/23/22 RWD/MSD/Black/19inches/No FSD
First EDD was stuck with 04/25-06/07 for 3months
Second EDD updated 5days ago 06/06-07/11
Today new EDD updated for 05/09-05/23

This 14 days window means something are coming?!
Interesting you ordered much later then me, and potentially you might get your car sooner. Must be the Black $ and 19 wheels $ putting you a head in the cue... I only added white interior. Congrats hopefully the agony will be over for us soon ... haha

Did anyone who received a VIN move up from the July/Aug timeframe where most peoples orders were being parked? Or have we seen most VIN assignments from peoples whose EDD were still in the May timeframes?

Wondering if the people who got moved out to July/Aug (myself included) are stuck out there now.
Went from late may - june, then july - august because of the glitch, then back down to early may - june!

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

M3 RWD Black/Black | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - present)

*Refreshing every 15 mins* 😅😅😅
The excitement is so contagious!!!

It seems like the newest VIN's to be issued so far are November, the rest are from August - October. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong. I hope there's more VIN's coming, I was debating on switching to a LR based on the numbers....
I saw one from early December 2021 on Reddit get issued yesterday. It caught my attention as they have the same build as me, same state, but 28 days earlier OD. Makes me think mine may come in the next 60 days if we continue this momentum.

FYI, Because of the global lithium shortages, M3LR has longer waiting time on Tesla website. M3 RWD uses LFP batteries and thus has shorter wait time.
USA M3LR/P use NCA (Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminium Oxide) for the cathode material. M3RWD uses LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate). So they both use lithium. LFP (basically) replaces nickel (prices skyrocketing) for iron as the primary metal ion. LFP also drops the costly and potentially unethically sourced cobalt. Although the pack size alone would probably mean M3LR would use more lithium.

Got a VIN assigned
OD: 9/12
I am so glad that my Sept-Oct EDD was just a glitch.
Completed all the payment and insurance. Now just waiting to schedule a DD.
EDD is April 26th-April30th
My SA said that the car is going through the final vehicle inspection at the factory. My question is how is it supposed to get from the factory to Seattle presumably before the 30th? Is really that quick to get delivery from the factory?

Got a VIN assigned
My SA said that the car is going through the final vehicle inspection at the factory. My question is how is it supposed to get from the factory to Seattle presumably before the 30th? Is really that quick to get delivery from the factory?
72 hours? Probably. It's a 15-hour drive from Fremont to Spokane, WA. Load it on the truck tonight after the inspection is done and off it goes!

Reactions: rudythecar
Got a VIN assigned
Congratulations!
Questions when did you get the message Prepare for Delivery? Also, did they ask you to complete financing and trade in the last couple weeks or did you just get the VIN immediately with final steps...
Any info gives the rest of us an idea of what to expect - Thanks and enjoy the new car!

Reactions: Ca91709 and NNM3
Got a VIN assigned
Congratulations! Hopefully, my turn will come soon. I got everything ready, the wall charger, floor mats, and keys. :)

Reactions: NNM3