Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I’m a newbie here, been lurking for a while but finally placed my order on Friday (April 29). I know there’s no good answers to the mystery of EDDs, only subjective experience, but man I feel like I got kicked in the teeth right off the bat. Friday when I ordered the EDD was June-September 2022. Literally the next day on Saturday morning it bumped to November 21-January 16. I went to the local Tesla dealership and they didn’t tell me anything except to say I’m paying in cash and have no trade in for now. I did that in the app and the EDD didn’t change. The website still shows June-Sep for my configuration. Any idea why the massive jump?

My config is: Red/Black, M3 RWD, 19” wheels, no FSD.
Now that you've swallowed the bait...welcome to the EDD lottery. I ordered this year on 3/8 with a June-Aug EDD. 3 days later I had a 3/30-3/31 EDD 🥳. Now sitting at 8/26-10/7. So despite all the theories and pattern you'll read here, just hang tight for the ride.

A bit more stats based on the Google survey.
  • (5) VIN on the first day of May compared to (0) on April 1st. 👍 In fact first VIN in April were on the 6th. (3) of them followed by a long pause until the 20th .
  • On May 1st the (5) VIN were all LR-AWD, (4) with OD in Feb/22 and (1) OD from Jan/22
  • In April, the (62) VIN breakdown is :
    • (34) LR-AWD - 13%
    • (20) Performance - 32%
    • (8) SR+ - 55%
  • So far in 2022, always only based on the small sample of the survey, (640) new orders were placed with the following breakdown :
    • (466) LR-AWD - 73%
    • (100) Performance - 16%
    • (74) SR+ - 11%
  • So far in 2022 (277) VIN were received as follow :
    • (195) LR-AWD - 70%
    • (41) Performance - 15%
    • (41) SR+ - 15%
Observations : Way more peoples are ordering the LR-AWD so it is normal to see more VIN for that configuration.

Just wanted to share my morning coffee analysis but I might work on an easier to read format for future updates.

Newbies : Please fill the survey.

I received the trade-in text yesterday from my SA. Current EDD: 5/7-6/4 Mt. Kisco, NY. I'm assuming this means literally nothing, it seems like this is a standard practice by SA's when EDD windows are days away.

On a positive note, I've never been this close to an EDD window before so I am expecting some movement this week as my EDD hasn't changed in over a month. Maybe we're getting close, maybe we about to be sent into the July-August gulag. Who knows.

Hey all! I’m a newbie here, been lurking for a while but finally placed my order on Friday (April 29). I know there’s no good answers to the mystery of EDDs, only subjective experience, but man I feel like I got kicked in the teeth right off the bat. Friday when I ordered the EDD was June-September 2022. Literally the next day on Saturday morning it bumped to November 21-January 16. I went to the local Tesla dealership and they didn’t tell me anything except to say I’m paying in cash and have no trade in for now. I did that in the app and the EDD didn’t change. The website still shows June-Sep for my configuration. Any idea why the massive jump?

My config is: Red/Black, M3 RWD, 19” wheels, no FSD.

I have the same config, one thing you need after order M3 is lots of patience and ready for disappointments lol. When I order in Aug 2021 my EDD was Oct-Nov 2021 .

Here I am in May still sitting withan EDD of Aug 2022 lol. That's a whole year !!

Hoping there are some newer

How do we tell the difference between the old and new headlights?
You can tell by looking at it. The outermost LED assembly will have a projector housing. See pic Red=matrix:

1651504251129.png

pic source: New Tesla Model 3 headlights spotted in China

more info on TMC: 2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

I have the same config, one thing you need after order M3 is lots of patience and ready for disappointments lol. When I order in Aug 2021 my EDD was Oct-Nov 2021 .

Here I am in May still sitting withan EDD of Aug 2022 lol. That's a whole year !!
I ordered August 2021 as well. My EDD just last week was late June to August. Just changed on Saturday to May 9th to 23rd. Yours might change soon!

Thats encouraging , but those EDD dates are meaningless until we get an VIN assigned unfortunately !
All the VINs are encouraging surely, but the EDD are changing even after allocation of VINs.

Mine has changed twice, since the allocation of VIN 2 weeks ago. It jumped twice by 3-4 days each time. Latest one is May 16 - May 20 now. Keeping fingers crossed.....

All the VINs are encouraging surely, but the EDD are changing even after allocation of VINs.

Mine has changed twice, since the allocation of VIN 2 weeks ago. It jumped twice by 3-4 days each time. Latest one is May 16 - May 20 now. Keeping fingers crossed.....
Yeah, my EDD of May 9 - 13 hasn't moved since I got my VIN assigned on the 25th but I have a feeling that it will get delayed. SA was noncommittal about when a delivery could be scheduled, just said that car is in transit and they'll email me when it's ready to be scheduled for delivery. SA did confirm that car will have the mobile connector included.
I have a feeling both our cars are ready but are waiting for the charge port ECU parts to arrive at the delivery center to be installed before they can schedule the delivery.