Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's very obvious that Telsa prioritizes geographic location when it comes to RWD/standard builds. Brutal to watch people in Cali get their cars when they ordered three months or more after I did.
There was a guy on Reddit who ordered in April 2022 in LA who received his white/black RWD yesterday. I'm sure it was a cancellation or something but comeon.

There was a guy on Reddit who ordered in April 2022 in LA who received his white/black RWD yesterday. I'm sure it was a cancellation or something but comeon.
Tesla must have charged the guy $46,990 (before taxes) for the car. That's $7,000 more than I am supposed to pay Tesla for my car.
Come on!, I ordered my car in July 2021!
I think there should be an ethics investigation of Tesla by the Congress.

Yeah very frustrating what's your OD?
Sep 16. I was also on hold for 6 weeks in Nov-Dec. In retrospect, the hold was completely unnecessary. But at the time, it looked at least feasible they would give me a car at end of 4th Quarter. Back in those days a tax credit also seemed possible.

I felt coming out of the hold at the beginning of the year that I would for sure get a car by end of 1Q. Now 2Q may not even happen.

Tesla is flat out the worst company I have ever dealt with - no hyperbole here. This includes American Airlines, AT&T, and Comcast. My test drive experience was trash, email support is trash, chat is trash, calls are trash, the website is trash, the staff is trash, the app is trash, and the order estimator is worse than worthless. I have never seen such a *sugar* show, run so poorly, so consistently, with one **** up right after the other.

I'd rather sh*t in my hands and clap than ever do business with them again. I pray some competitor puts their feet to the fire so they don't have this market segment by the balls any longer and I have other options.
Would love to see more competitors come to play. At least we get the service what consumers are supposed to get.

All model 3’s will come with the matrix projector lights. They will not come with the old lights unless it was an older car that they have recycled through the system…why would they randomly switch up the headlights almost mid-year to the old stock? They usually exhaust assembly line stock before switching to a new product on the assembly line.
I did see several other Model 3's waiting for delivery that had the older style lights when I picked up my Model 3 yesterday....

Would love to see more competitors come to play. At least we get the service what consumers are supposed to get.
You already have many other options, first on my list would be the BMW i4, but Hyundai Ioniq 5, Kia EV6, VW id.4 are all available if you are deligent. Do your research and make another choice if you really feel this way about Tesla. Vote with your dollars.

A bit more stats based on the Google survey.
  • (5) VIN on the first day of May compared to (0) on April 1st. 👍 In fact first VIN in April were on the 6th. (3) of them followed by a long pause until the 20th .
  • On May 1st the (5) VIN were all LR-AWD, (4) with OD in Feb/22 and (1) OD from Jan/22
  • In April, the (62) VIN breakdown is :
    • (34) LR-AWD - 13%
    • (20) Performance - 32%
    • (8) SR+ - 55%
  • So far in 2022, always only based on the small sample of the survey, (640) new orders were placed with the following breakdown :
    • (466) LR-AWD - 73%
    • (100) Performance - 16%
    • (74) SR+ - 11%
  • So far in 2022 (277) VIN were received as follow :
    • (195) LR-AWD - 70%
    • (41) Performance - 15%
    • (41) SR+ - 15%
Observations : Way more peoples are ordering the LR-AWD so it is normal to see more VIN for that configuration.

Just wanted to share my morning coffee analysis but I might work on an easier to read format for future updates.

Newbies : Please fill the survey.
Very well done! Thank you 👏

• Funny
Reactions: MtlMV
OD Sept 16. White/Black/18/No FSD. Never put a hold
I received a text from tesla 2 days ago saying that they plan to build and deliver my car in the next few weeks. At the time est delivery date was May 15 - June 12. Today like for many of us it got pushed to June 28 - August 09.
Is there a legal limit for how long they can do that? Gosh I would never put this order if I knew how long it's gonna take.