Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 4/09 edd is aug 7-sept 18…we are still a one car family but wife is already starting her full time job now so need another car.. we can still make it work but im waiting how much raise will i get this year and if its enough ill immediately switch to LR..but man i really would love to have that LFP battery..
close. I ordered 4/08 - edd aug 15 - sep 25. but really don't trust it until i get the vin.

So I’m currently pressing an SA at Mount Kisco right now about @zosbourne9 . Nothing against you personally, but I need answers. We have the exact same build and I ordered 7 months ago.

These SA’s also bring up the “you completed your delivery tasks on 3/15” but I literally asked them to open it so I can switch to cash option. Tasks were “incomplete” for maybe 3 minutes. Before that they were fully complete since October…
I had a similar experience. SA told me I had not completed tasks but it turn out as an existing owner I had an older version of the Tesla app that did not have that tasks feature. My edd slipped a month which would have been more concerning if I actually believed it. Still it irks me.

Ladies and Gents,

I maybe coming to the end of the road here. My EDD got pushed back to 8/15-9/24. For reference, I ordered the car on 9/11 of 2021. Metallic, 18 Aeros, black interior and no FSD. It has to be a joke to wait a year on a car with an EDD of Feb 2022, right? I looked into the BMW i4 and it's a $1,500 deposit (refundable). They're sold out and new orders won't be in until the winter (still may beat my EDD). Also, BMW is 56k MSRP without adding additional features that come standard on the RWD (heated seats, steering wheel, etc). I will call about the Kia Ev6 today and let you guys know. I just know MSRP will be higher, charging availability won't be the same and of course no LFP battery. I just can't see myself paying my current car payment, with gas ($4.65 in PA) and continued maintenance.

Ladies and Gents,

I maybe coming to the end of the road here. My EDD got pushed back to 8/15-9/24. For reference, I ordered the car on 9/11 of 2021. Metallic, 18 Aeros, black interior and no FSD. It has to be a joke to wait a year on a car with an EDD of Feb 2022, right? I looked into the BMW i4 and it's a $1,500 deposit (refundable). They're sold out and new orders won't be in until the winter (still may beat my EDD). Also, BMW is 56k MSRP without adding additional features that come standard on the RWD (heated seats, steering wheel, etc). I will call about the Kia Ev6 today and let you guys know. I just know MSRP will be higher, charging availability won't be the same and of course no LFP battery. I just can't see myself paying my current car payment, with gas ($4.65 in PA) and continued maintenance.
We have the same config and similar OD and EDD pushback today (also similar geography). I feel your frustration. I drove an i4 a few weeks ago. It drove fine but the interior is really tight. I like the Ioniq 5 but my other half vetoed. So, I'll just be sitting here waiting. My current car is paid for and has no impending maintenance. Switching to AWD is really my only other option. Which I think is what Tesla wants.

Tesla must have charged the guy $46,990 (before taxes) for the car. That's $7,000 more than I am supposed to pay Tesla for my car.
Come on!, I ordered my car in July 2021!
I think there should be an ethics investigation of Tesla by the Congress.
This is insane, all the July /Aug and q3 2021 OD customers are being screwed over and tesla doesn't care. Seriously needs an investigation!

This is insane, all the July /Aug and q3 2021 OD customers are being screwed over and tesla doesn't care. Seriously needs an investigation!
I think we as a group of future owners need to find a way of getting their attention, right now each of us individually complaining will do nothing. This is so frustrating kills all excitement for the car!

Update from buddy who put his order in on Nov 7, Red/Black Aero No FSD pick up Vaughn Ontario

His EDD had been pushed to July/August about a week ago. Today he got a new EDD of May 23 -27, no VIN yet. In the app Tesla asked for the payment to be wired. I warned him about the charge port issue and told him to confirm the delivery date before paying.

My OD is Nov 5 and my EDD was pushed to July/August two weeks ago. I suspect something similar to happen for me. I just want to return from my trip on May 23rd and pick up the car after that.

Update from buddy who put his order in on Nov 7, Red/Black Aero No FSD pick up Vaughn Ontario

His EDD had been pushed to July/August about a week ago. Today he got a new EDD of May 23 -27, no VIN yet. In the app Tesla asked for the payment to be wired. I warned him about the charge port issue and told him to confirm the delivery date before paying.

My OD is Nov 5 and my EDD was pushed to July/August two weeks ago. I suspect something similar to happen for me. I just want to return from my trip on May 23rd and pick up the car after that.
Good stuff! Seeing this trend - pushed out for 2-3 weeks into July and Augsut before pulling back to an earlier and tighter window - happening here and on Reddit. They may yet still push out all the 2021 orders this quarter.

Hope you have a good Karma, otherwise you'll get a VIN next week and loose your spot for nothing being able to take delivery :eek:

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
Hope you have a good Karma, otherwise you'll get a VIN next week and loose your spot for nothing being able to take delivery :eek:
It's speculation at this point. It will be interesting if my order is completed in June or July. I wouldn't know what to blame that on. My buddy already has a Tesla so maybe they fast track the orders for customers who already have a Tesla??? Not sure if that's a thing.

Ladies and Gents,

I am in the same boat.... My order date is after yours but we are all feeling the pain. Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Reactions: Johnsson90
So I’m currently pressing an SA at Mount Kisco right now about @zosbourne9 . Nothing against you personally, but I need answers. We have the exact same build and I ordered 7 months ago.

These SA’s also bring up the “you completed your delivery tasks on 3/15” but I literally asked them to open it so I can switch to cash option. Tasks were “incomplete” for maybe 3 minutes. Before that they were fully complete since October…
Honestly, I don’t have any idea. It’s definitely not fair. My only idea would be that Tesla wants you to pay more for the same car. I’m honestly paying $8k more for the same car/build than you will when you receive your order.

Reactions: CRL7
None of them have an LFP battery. Even the higher models can only be charged to 80% but then you're paying more for a non established company when you could've got the AWD for a lesser price.
I have always been a BMW fan. They seem very innovative. But all the legacy manufacturers are way behind Tesla.
Hyundai and Kia both have AWD models that are more affordable than Tesla. But rated range on everyone's EV's lag way behind Tesla that is a fact.
A couple points on LFP I have noted since my delivery. Charge speed is quite compromised compared by Tesla's NCA models, both at home and at superchargers
According to the article below half Of Teslas Produced In Q1 Had An LFP Battery.
Tesla produced 310,048 cars in Q1.
310,048 / 2 = 155K LFP cars?
I would imagine Tesla has a similar plan for Q2?
Isn't the SR+(RWD) the only model with the LFP's?
Where are those cars?
Are they coming soon?
I wish someone could shed some light on the matter...

China MY SR are also LFP

I have always been a BMW fan. They seem very innovative. But all the legacy manufacturers are way behind Tesla.
Hyundai and Kia both have AWD models that are more affordable than Tesla. But rated range on everyone's EV's lag way behind Tesla that is a fact.
A couple points on LFP I have noted since my delivery. Charge speed is quite compromised compared by Tesla's NCA models, both at home and at superchargers

China MY SR are also LFP
Yes, I wish they brought MY SR to the Stateside…Tesla is discriminating against American buyers!

Reactions: Great White