Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the thing if they are getting more money if I switch why wouldn't he encourage me to switch . He was trying to hard to keep me on the SR+ model and infact he recommended I don't even enable to edit Option which he claimed will delay my order again. Only after I insisted he agreed to enable to edit otpion. I am going to wait till the end of the day and decide either way since he told me not keep it open for more than a day.
Because SA's seems to often know less the the person in front of them?

Thinking of changing these gauges scale for 0 to 1 🤣 Wow! I was really over optimistic using 0 to 20 o_O

Gauges.jpg

I already have my Odyssey for longer trips , I am replacing my mini cooper for the model 3 SR+ so not too much worried about longer trips . More I think about it I feel 12K more for slightly longer range and Possible earlier EDD , would have made more sense few months ago . I have already waited close to 10 months now , might as well take advantage of the 5K NJ Charge up Credit and get the SR+ at the lower price . Decisions, Decisions!!
A reminder if you don’t know that when you switch to LR you will get the grandfathered price. That is, whatever the LR’s price was on your OD, is what you’re paying on delivery day. Don’t go by the price you see as if you’re ordering now. The prices have changed significantly recently. You will see the Aug. 4, 2021 prices on the build editing page.

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
SInce I did not have edit Option , I called Tesla and they told me if they open my Order for edit , It will further delay my order . Not that it matters I am already going to be more than a Year lol. He also told me that if I switch to LR now i will most probably wont get it any sooner than my current EDD of Jul-Aug 2022 and In fact he said this could be much later than that .

I am confused what to do , I am able to edit my Order since he made the change after I insisted . I am getting the Model 3 LR for 49990 - 2000 NJ charge up credit so i feel at 47990 ( White ) is a very attractive price but I am paying 37K for Red ( that would be 40k-5k( NJ Charge ip credit ) =35K for White) . The question is is it worth upgrading to LR for 12K more and potentially further delaying my order .

Any inputs appreciated !!
@Scooter_in_Sac made the switch last Sunday and he is picking up this Sunday. I made the switch on 5/24 when my EDD was still June-Aug (OD is August 2021). The next day it updated to 5/26-6/8. No movement today. I will keep you posted though.

A reminder if you don’t know that when you switch to LR you will get the grandfathered price. That is, whatever the LR’s price was on your OD, is what you’re paying on delivery day. Don’t go by the price you see as if you’re ordering now. The prices have changed significantly recently. You will see the Aug. 4, 2021 prices on the build editing page.
Yeah this is after the grandfathered price 47990 after 2K NJ Credit for LR White vs 35K for SR+ White after 5K NJ Credit

I think LFP is amazing. Charging to 100%, no babying it, safer, cheaper, less impactful on the planet, no conflict minerals. It is the clear winner IMHO, energy density aside. It was the sole reason, aside from price, that we wanted RWD.

As to my change to LR - I did some research on battery degradation and accepted that the chemistry in LR is more prone to it, and looked at data on high milage Teslas. The worst case I have seen on the modern LR chemistry is 12% loss after 100,000 miles on a 2020 performance M3 on which 50% of all miles driven were supercharged, the car was regularly left at low or high state fo charge, run down to zero and into the buffer before being hit while hot with a supercharger. It was beaten to hell. I'm astonished it was not worse. Tesla's thermal management is second to none and it isn't even close, the car knows how to manage itself. Even if the car loses 12%, that's a EPA mixed rated range of 315 miles. That is MORE than sufficient to fully replace an ICE and road trip. I think the worry about it is valid but also, over-blown because they are very expensive and folks don't want to buy something that isn't solid. But, these cars are not new anymore. You are not beta testing the batteries. They're tested and vetted. Watch that video - Kyle has every electron ever used logged, no one has data as he does.

Now, there is no good answer about the ethics of mineral sourcing for the LR batteries. It is harsher on the planet and there's a real risk they came from operations that mistreat our fellow man. I made a call that switching to an EV and having lower lifetime emissions outweighs the bad. Not everyone feels that way.
Super informative & detailed. It sounds like you research to a super high level and that's great info for all those here and anyone driving any Tesla honestly. Thank you!

No data, but we all know the more you add the faster the wait period. I've been waiting for 10 months thus far, so I'm willing to do just about anything besides white seats and FSD. Us oldies are still locked in with our prices from mid 2021 so there's a little wiggle room financially. I'll let you know if the next week or so.
At your pricing from 2021, the upgrade to LR probably costs way LESS than FSD option?
Hoping you get the Blue RWD or the Blue LR super FAST and get out on the road!

Reactions: Johnsson90
Here is my dilemma...my OD Nov 5
Black on Black/no FSD/19" WHEELS
EDD July 18 - Aug 22

My buddy OD Nov 6
Red on black/no FSD/18" Aero Wheels
Got his VIN a week ago, DD May 28th booked for pick up

The only conclusion is Red over black and sport wheels don't matter?
I don't know what to say anymore 🤬🤬
Internet searches & trends & everyone here would say that the more upgrades you select, the further elevated the 'bucket' of orders you get placed into..
the higher the bucket, the quicker you get a vehicle... but, this seems to point sideways or the opposite?

Dumb question, you & your buddy have same location & delivery center?

Hi everyone. I finally placed an order for a RWD Pearl White w/ black interior and aero wheels. I've been toying with the idea of getting a Tesla for over a year now and am currently driving an e-Golf and have owned a Leaf. We rented a Model 3 for a week on a recent trip, and that sealed the deal for me.

When should I expect an EDD? My account currently says "Estimated delivery: Sep - Dec 2022"

Excited to join the club!
welcome welcome to the forever spinning carousel of (limited) information, waiting, and an otherwise "blah" feeling over what's supposed to be a super exciting process! At least this is a pretty entertaining & informed group of folks from all over the world and it's very easy to get answers & ideas/opinions on any topic. Let's all enjoy the ride together 👍

Got an update to report:

Received delivery scheduling request yesterday and VIN visible in App and on Account webpage now. Currently set for 26th May at Innisfil(Barrie), ON
Hang in there guys and gals.. car will eventually come!!
So I was supposed to pick up my car today. But was informed 2 days back that car is delayed and now pickup is pushed out to next Wed. June 1st.. its not done until you are driving away 😒

Coming from the LR side (I was a former member of this thread but left on 5/12), VINs are quite frequent there. At least 3 are reported a day. You should promote this project of yours there.
I did not long ago but post are being added rapidly so it quickly become history. Looking at the very representation of the LR in the Dashboard, I was hoping that the VIN activity would follow somewhat accordingly. There is also a possibility that some participates to the survey once and then forget about it. I'll post once in a while in the LR and P waiting room but just don't want to get annoying with a salesman's pitch and pollute the threads. I have nothing to sell and gain absolutely nothing if the Dashboard has more or less views. Thanks for the heads-up @windjammer99

SInce I did not have edit Option , I called Tesla and they told me if they open my Order for edit , It will further delay my order . Not that it matters I am already going to be more than a Year lol. He also told me that if I switch to LR now i will most probably wont get it any sooner than my current EDD of Jul-Aug 2022 and In fact he said this could be much later than that .

I am confused what to do , I am able to edit my Order since he made the change after I insisted . I am getting the Model 3 LR for 49990 - 2000 NJ charge up credit so i feel at 47990 ( White ) is a very attractive price but I am paying 37K for Red ( that would be 40k-5k( NJ Charge ip credit ) =35K for White) . The question is is it worth upgrading to LR for 12K more and potentially further delaying my order .

Any inputs appreciated !!
Here is my input for LR. I'm a member in the LR room and we just heard about how long you all are waiting so patiently for your cars. I just took delivery two days ago and read your price for your LR if you changed. I would change it not just for the LR but the sound system in the LR is amazing. I'm in CA and SR was not option since travel and commuting is the reason why I went with the LR. 94 day from OD and I thought I was patient.

I know it's not related to WAITING but! While we do! Reading one of the recent post about Teslas catching fire. For those who already own a 3.
  • That brought my attention (and surprise) to the fact that the rear passenger doors only have the electric release button and no emergency latch. Also saw that there might be one under a somewhat hidden piece but not sure if this is still true in 2022 and how user friendly that might be in panic mode. Knowing that, I'll arrange to have a window breaker for emergency situations. But my question is about non life critical situations like no power only, when breaking the glass would be overdoing it. Does the outside door handle latches the opening electrically or mechanically?
By the way it is insane how these events are making the news in USA and next to never in Canada. That kinda coincide with how much more efforts the oil lobby might be deploying south of our border.

• Informative
Reactions: rudythecar
Here is my input for LR. I'm a member in the LR room and we just heard about how long you all are waiting so patiently for your cars. I just took delivery two days ago and read your price for your LR if you changed. I would change it not just for the LR but the sound system in the LR is amazing. I'm in CA and SR was not option since travel and commuting is the reason why I went with the LR. 94 day from OD and I thought I was patient.
Thanks for visiting and sharing @M3Kat

Reactions: Soosh
Guys I hate to say it, but this isn’t ending any time soon. I’m an August 2021 order with an EDD of July-August and I know for damn sure I’m not getting the car at the time.

Clearly the Hertz order has impacted M3 RWD deliveries to the point where they’re literally not building them for regular customers. Hertz order will most likely not be filled by the end of 2022 based on the disagreement that occurred in Nov 2021 between Hertz and Tesla. On top of that, LFP batteries are incredibly scarce. RWD VINs are virtually nonexistent. There have been a handful of deliveries in the past 4 months. I hurt to admit it but 2023 for RWD is more realistic it seems. Those of us that ordered between July - Nov of ‘21 shouldn’t expect to see a VIN before 2023.

Last edited: