Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And while we're waiting, some for almost a full year, Musk trows up in the air that Tesla should soon cut 10% of it's staff.
  1. Is this a good news, because he feels that the backlog will shortly melt. Let's say catching-up normal deliveries because Hertz order is almost completed?
  2. Is this a bad news because getting our car will now be even longer?
Note : Yesterday, as I pulled out of the garage on a main street intersection, there was (5) Teslas. I kind of felt left behind.
I'm hoping that's the 10% of the staff that are causing the delays we're experiencing!!

Picked up my car today. All checked out good.

Ryzen / Matrix / CCS / no gaps / 30% charged / 15 miles odometer

Thanks to the weather, I was able to identify the only issue: Condensation on the right stop light. Let the service center know, they ordered the part, and will replace on 6/15.

M3 SR+ White/Black/Sport Wheels
OD 9/28/2021
VIN 4/25/2022
DD 6/4/2022

You can count me as one of the newest members on the M3 RWD waitlist. I added my info to the Dashboard. I've been debating which model to get. Initially I was going to wait for a Model Y from Austin but who knows when that will be and with the cost increases that is more than I wanted to spend. So I went back to a Model 3 and after a lot of research I decided the RWD was better for my needs than the LR/AWD I had always thought I'd get. But I didn't put in my order because I didn't need a car now, or even in Aug/Nov. But reviewing this thread it is obvious no one has any idea when I'd get a car even Tesla. So I put in an order just to get in line and protect against the next round of price increases. I can change the order later if my needs change.

I'm already a Tesla Solar customer and that process has taken me nearly a year. And I still don't have the PTO yet. Not very happy with Tesla Solar corporate office. Hopefully the car side is better.

My 232 day wait time has come to an end, picked up my car yesterday.

NON-Matrix / CCS / some gaps / 72% charged / 8 km odometer

Some panel gaps on front bumper, the driver side door is in too deep but the main annoying one is the interior trim on both front doors doesn't seem to be attached very well because it rattles a lot when closing the door. Was told to file a service request within 24hrs. Drives great.

Mine was one of the ECU missing cars and I actually saw the left over sticker glue around charging port.

A new software update (2022.11.101.1) was prompting to install immediately when I got in the car at the delivery center. Installed it later when I got home.

Here's my whole history for reference

Order Date Oct 15, 2021:EDD Mar 2022
Oct 19: 1st trade in offer (don't know when I cancelled it)
end of Oct: Apr
Oct 28: Jun
Oct 31: Feb 23 - Mar 23
early Nov: Mar 1 - Mar 29
Nov 19: Feb 9 - Mar 9
Jan 12: asked for an updated trade-in offer
Jan 13: received trade-in offer - don't know when I cancelled it
Jan 19: Jun
Jan 21: May 11 - Jun 8
Feb 1: Feb 24 - Mar 24
Feb 7: Order changed from SR+ to RWD
Feb 8: Feb 22 - Mar 8 (2 week window)
Feb 18: Mar 11 - Mar 31 (20 day window, 10 days in between)
Feb 26: Mar 14 - Mar 28 (2 week window, 8 days in between)
Mar 10: Apr 4 - May 2 (1 month window, 12 days in between)
Mar 13: Apr 13 - Apr 27 (2 week window, 3 days in between)
Mar 22: Apr 16 - May 14 (1 month window, 9 days in between)
Apr 4: went to Oakville Tesla, asked for info, they said "i shouldn't show you this screen" but you have a 'factory gate' date of Apr 24 (when it leaves the factory) and it'll get here around may 5.
Apr 13: May 3 - May 17 (2 week window, 22 days in between)
Apr 15: May 1 - 15 (2 week window, 2 days in between)
Apr 20: May 10 - 24 (2 week window, 5 days in between)
Apr 23: May 8 - 22 (2 week window, 3 days in between)
Apr 24: car made (got info on May 19)
Apr 25: Just got 'Your Model 3 Final Payment Ready' email, went to account, got the vision agreement and VIN in the source (5YJ3E1EA3NF239xxx)! EDD May 9 - 13
May 10: May 10 - 14
May 11: May 11 - 15
etc...
May 15: went to Tesla Oakville, guy said the car is at their location and after I mentioned that I know about ECU issue he kind of said that the car is waiting for ECU but should be ready by next week
May 19: called tesla, they can't tell me anything new about when, or state of charge; car was built apr 24th, takes around 1.5 to 2 weeks after build date to deliver the car to delivery center
May 30: received 'it's your turn to schedule your model 3 for delivery' text/email, followed link, no appointments available and to check tomorrow and that I'll get a call from SA
May 31: got another text/email 'select your tentative model 3 delivery appointment', followed link, only had 2 choices for Jun 4
Jun 4: Delivery

Congratulations! I have the same configuration as yours and it gives me hope! Enjoy your new ride!
I like to ask a question regarding your order page on the web, does your order page View Design Details say "Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive"?
I have same configuration as your and somewhere on thread say SR+ has change to RWD in Feb 2022 for others but mine never updated and was wondering if yours updated to RWD?
Thank you

I like to ask a question regarding your order page on the web, does your order page View Design Details say "Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive"?
I have same configuration as your and somewhere on thread say SR+ has change to RWD in Feb 2022 for others but mine never updated and was wondering if yours updated to RWD?
Thank you
Mine still says “standard range plus rear wheel drive “

Reactions: JJ777
Pasadena, CA (Pick-up Burbank)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Deep Blue Metallic/Black | Sport Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/28/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - 5/22/22)
EDD: July 11 - Aug 15 (as of 5/23/22)
Configuration changed (5/23/22): Blk/Blk/Aero to Blue/Blk/Sports Wheels
VIN Received 5/24 (244XXX)
EDD: May 24 - May 29 (as of 5/24/22 - 5/27/22)
EDD: May 28 - May 30 (as of 5/27/22)
DD: May 29 (Home delivery)

Similar situation occurred to me last week. I changed my exterior paint and wheel.

I assume my car was rejected due to the production date of 4/22 (MM/YEAR). It was the batch that was produced without the matrix headlights. Think of the vehicle as tech, they are always going to update for the best.

I wish this and that. Shoot, I wish I had the AMD processor on my Model Y
Just picked up my Model 3 RWD and I think I got the matrix headlights.
774ADBBE-F0FB-4F6C-9E51-A29046092042.jpeg
BA19B192-0E50-4A8B-822B-319CA48CA461.jpeg

You can count me as one of the newest members on the M3 RWD waitlist. I added my info to the Dashboard. I've been debating which model to get. Initially I was going to wait for a Model Y from Austin but who knows when that will be and with the cost increases that is more than I wanted to spend. So I went back to a Model 3 and after a lot of research I decided the RWD was better for my needs than the LR/AWD I had always thought I'd get. But I didn't put in my order because I didn't need a car now, or even in Aug/Nov. But reviewing this thread it is obvious no one has any idea when I'd get a car even Tesla. So I put in an order just to get in line and protect against the next round of price increases. I can change the order later if my needs change.

I'm already a Tesla Solar customer and that process has taken me nearly a year. And I still don't have the PTO yet. Not very happy with Tesla Solar corporate office. Hopefully the car side is better.
Well that EDD lasted not even one day. After the order it now says 13 Oct - 8 Dec.

I ordered my model 3 standard range black with the sport rim, on October 3,2021. The original EDD was March 2022. Second EDD went to may-June…then it went to Feb-march, 4th EDD got pushed to may-June…. checked the account again now it’s July-aug. I have gone to Tesla several times to see what the problem is but I never get an answer just saying it should be delivered at the end of the quarter in June…I’m wishing I can get that vin number. I’m ready to purchase. I afraid To change from standard range to performance or long range fearing I’ll be pushed back even more. anyone wanting to transfer their EDD that isnt ready to buy yet?
I have called the Tesla in San Antonio weekly asking if they have any Tesla's that people are not wanting right now. No luck, I have told them I am willing to take whatever model 3 they have. Still no luck. Any advice for me?

i afraid To change from standard range to performance or long range fearing I’ll be pushed back even more.
Many RWD people who switched to LR with a 2021 OD have ended up getting a VIN no more than 24 hours.

Based on your OD, I doubt you will get pushed back. The system prioritizes orders by OD. When it realizes there is a 2021 order for the LR still awaiting a VIN, it puts you in front of everyone from March 2022 waiting for their VIN and you will see intense progression. When I switched from LR to P with a 4/30 OD, I got a VIN the next day.

So for the EDD push back, there is nothing to worry about. LR orders are currently on March 2022, and you’re an October 2021 order.

EDIT: Additionally, the same goes for Performance. You have an advantage over both. If I put myself in your shoes, pricing would probably be a consideration before you switch. But if that’s out of your league, then go for it.

Reactions: MtlMV
I ordered my model 3 standard range black with the sport rim, on October 3,2021. The original EDD was March 2022. Second EDD went to may-June…then it went to Feb-march, 4th EDD got pushed to may-June…. checked the account again now it’s July-aug. I have gone to Tesla several times to see what the problem is but I never get an answer just saying it should be delivered at the end of the quarter in June…I’m wishing I can get that vin number. I’m ready to purchase. I afraid To change from standard range to performance or long range fearing I’ll be pushed back even more. anyone wanting to transfer their EDD that isnt ready to buy yet?
I have called the Tesla in San Antonio weekly asking if they have any Tesla's that people are not wanting right now. No luck, I have told them I am willing to take whatever model 3 they have. Still no luck. Any advice for me?
I upgraded my RWD to LR a few days ago and so far the EDD has been the same (Oct-Dec). I asked the SA and they said Tesla updates their systems every 3-5 days and from what I can tell, everyone else who upgrades seems to be getting it faster.

Had to update my signature this morning for the first time since Apr.30th. :(

New EDD is Oct.6th - Dec 1st. There is now that strong smell of 2023 in the air. 🥶

My objective was NOT to take delivery in winter so beyond Dec. my mindset will change to "Let's hope I get delayed until March 2023" Interest rates keep on increasing and the money was put aside at the bank on day 1. So each month of waiting will at least generate some $, hoping that the used car market will stay high for my Volt.

Meanwhile...Tesla keeps the fool trap in place with Aug-Nov 2022 🤬

IMG_3738.PNG

• Disagree
Reactions: Nick11
Just after ordering in March, since I live in a condo, I had to bring the power infrastructure to my parking spot. I did that in April, and the first plan was to have the electrician install the Tesla wall charger, since I only had around (3-4) months to wait and there is a public charger across the street for my Volt. At the last minute I said, let's not order the wall charger and let's install my "old" car charger in the meanwhile...just in case. Am I glad I did as it might be in place for (12) months.
(I know...I can charge a Tesla with my "old" charger using the adapter" just wanted to go Tesla all the way)

Reactions: JJ777