Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Umm I think the date hasn't updated to show the real date yet because my order is so new i.e. I expect it will get pushed back to Dec - Jan at earliest due to supply chain delay.

Is that still the correct thinking? Or has delivery date improved recently?
The delivery date on Tesla’s website has improved by 1 month for the white and grey RWD with Aero wheels.

Reactions: Bricktopshog
When the IRS gives out the official list which will more than likely be sometime in November or early December, then you can bet there will be tons of cancelations! Some people don't mind a longer wait if they're guaranteed $7500 back.
many people forget that itʻs still a tax CREDIT. itʻs not a rebate and not free money. so while it might be applied at the POS when you buy the car, you will still have to ensure that you have $7500 tax burden to take full advantage of the credit. i have a feeling that many ppl will come to find out that they canʻt use the whole credit when filing their taxes...and then have to pay back the balance.

update:
OD: 3/16/2022
EDD: 9/04-9/07
VIN was assigned a couple weeks ago. Just paid off the balance and uploaded insurance info (for now all I have is a copy of the insurance binder). Do I have to sign the MVPA?

My local agent told me we were waiting for the car to be shipped from California...not sure if itʻs currently on the ship or on the next ship...I will probably not make my EDD but will be happy to be surprised.

many people forget that itʻs still a tax CREDIT. itʻs not a rebate and not free money. so while it might be applied at the POS when you buy the car, you will still have to ensure that you have $7500 tax burden to take full advantage of the credit. i have a feeling that many ppl will come to find out that they canʻt use the whole credit when filing their taxes...and then have to pay back the balance.

I think if you make enough to afford a Tesla then you'll have more than $7500 worth of tax burden.

Reactions: v2m3
Honestly, if you don’t have at least 7500 worth of taxes owed from income in the USA, you have zero business buying a 50k vehicle. Don’t confuse owing 7500 after doing taxes with having a tax due amount of at least 7500 (most or all which was already taken out of paychecks).

Tesla’s are not something someone making under 50 or even 70k a year should be buying…most buyers will have a plentiful amount of taxes due to get the credit.

Apparently the average Model X buyer has about $144K/year household income in 2022. That's 83% of their gross income on a single car. By that measure a $47K Model 3 on a $70K income would be similar.

Not that it's ever a good idea to spend that much of your income on a car though.

Honestly I think both those incomes are way to little for those cars, but that is just me. When I was making $47k I was paying cash for a 10 year old Volvo. :)

Honestly I think both those incomes are way to little for those cars, but that is just me. When I was making $47k I was paying cash for a 10 year old Volvo. :)
With inflation and dealer markups, a Honda Civic costs about $38K. In 2021 according to Kelley Blue Book, Americans spent on average $47K for a brand new car. $46,990 for the RWD Model 3 is a great price considering gas still costs over $5 in some areas near me.

Reactions: TheRedOx
update:
OD: 6/1/22, RWD, White / Black / 19"/ no FSD (no trade-in, set to cash day 1, no changes)

06/01 EDD: Sept. to Dec. 22’
06/02 EDD: 10/29 to 12/24
06/14 EDD: 10/11 to 12/06
06/27 EDD: 10/15 to 11/26
08/01 EDD: 09/29 to 11/03
08/11 EDD: 10/15 to 11/26
08/17 EDD: 09/18 to 10/16 (4 week window)
08/30 EDD: 09/19 to 10/03 (2 week window)

With inflation and dealer markups, a Honda Civic costs about $38K. In 2021 according to Kelley Blue Book, Americans spent on average $47K for a brand new car. $46,990 for the RWD Model 3 is a great price considering gas still costs over $5 in some areas near me.
Oh yeah its a greatprice, I have now bought 2 of them, but I wouldn't touch it at those salaries. It's a tough economy in many ways right now.

Reactions: SuperKirby
Can we give our reservation away? Finally got the VIN with a delievery time Frame of September 12-16 in the Houston area.

Problem is my wife got inpatient after 6+ months and we just bought another SUV so we no longer need.

What are my options, just walk away and lose the deposit ?

update:
OD: 6/1/22, RWD, White / Black / 19"/ no FSD (no trade-in, set to cash day 1, no changes)

06/01 EDD: Sept. to Dec. 22’
06/02 EDD: 10/29 to 12/24
06/14 EDD: 10/11 to 12/06
06/27 EDD: 10/15 to 11/26
08/01 EDD: 09/29 to 11/03
08/11 EDD: 10/15 to 11/26
08/17 EDD: 09/18 to 10/16 (4 week window)
08/30 EDD: 09/19 to 10/03 (2 week window)

Great to see that you move forward by a whole month in the 4 week window - that is good news for everyone here. I'm EDD 11/15 - 12/27 and hoping it gets better as I go along (OD = 8/20)

Bit of a thread hijack, but here goes anyway!

Couple of comments on the new M3 SR we picked-up on Monday in Phoenix:

• After going over the car with a fine-tooth comb I can safely say the vehicle is perfect. Really. Great paint (beautiful really), no "gap" issues, all good, plus,
  • The car has no mechanical issues or any other defect that I can detect (+150 miles on the vehicle to-date).
Full disclosure; I'm not a "fan boy." Don't drink the Kool-Aid. If I had a squawk you'd know it.

Rich

Some pics:

Spouse checking out the new Tesla
w4OdHEP.jpg

Our only complaint? It was 104' in Phoenix when we did the pick-up!! (gotta come up with something negative...)
aTRUM6g.jpg

Bit of a thread hijack, but here goes anyway!

Couple of comments on the new M3 SR we picked-up on Monday in Phoenix:

• After going over the car with a fine-tooth comb I can safely say the vehicle is perfect. Really. Great paint (beautiful really), no "gap" issues, all good, plus,
  • The car has no mechanical issues or any other defect that I can detect (+150 miles on the vehicle to-date).
Full disclosure; I'm not a "fan boy." Don't drink the Kool-Aid. If I had a squawk you'd know it.

Rich

Some pics:

Spouse checking out the new Tesla
w4OdHEP.jpg

Our only complaint? It was 104' in Phoenix when we did the pick-up!! (gotta come up with something negative...)
aTRUM6g.jpg
What brand tires it come with? Hancooks or Michelin?