Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my M3 on 9/9 Some slight panel gap imperfections but apparently they’re within spec. They’re very hard to notice, but if it’s something you are particular about, check everything.

Overall it went as expected, I am not a fan of the process per se, you’re spending quite a bit of money on a car and you’re told to kind of just do everything yourself, not much of a luxurious delivery experience like previous cars I’ve had. But I knew that and my expectations were low. I strongly believe customer service needs major improvement, especially when competetion heats up so that Tesla remains at the forefront.

The car is super fun to drive, I even have the RWD and I find it plenty powerful. Low center of gravity makes for amazing handling, the thing feels like it’s on rails. Just gotta get familiar with all the features.

My mobile connector set is arriving on 9/13, it comes with the NEMA 14-50.

Thanks for all your support.
i feel the same way. they delivered the car to my house and gave me three days/100 miles to record any imperfections and log them into the service part of the phone app...there seemed to be a few larger panel gaps...maybe some slight misalignments...a spot here or there. but really, unless it was egregious, i didnʻt log it. but not knowing whatʻs "normal" by not having other M3s to compare it against was probably a bit of a negative. if i were at the Tesla shop i could see others to see whether mine looked similar.

as many have said, Teslas are not "luxury"...at least the M3 and MY arenʻt. theyʻre technology cars. while some aspects of the cars are cool/interesting, i had a few more "luxury" details to my 2017 VW GTI compared to the M3.

but, this is not the place for these comparisons. i did have a lot of fun driving it the past three days...did my first supercharger experience...autopilot (much more enjoyable than i had imagined)...rainbow road (my kids loved this)...and the acceleration is smooth - like iʻm on some roller coaster ride. frankly, i prefer the acceleration on my previous stage 1-modded mk7 GTI a bit more (itʻs more aggressive and the roar of the engine adds to the excitement), but the quiet, polite acceleration of the RWD is impressive.

i will try to see how charging on the 120v outlet will work...iʻm trying to be completely off the grid so not sure iʻll be able to pull it off. currently, solar takes care of daytime elec and it charges my 2 powerwalls...powerwalls last all night with usually around 35-50% remaining in the morning depending on how much AC we use at night...if i charge the car overnight iʻm sure it will drain the powerwall and i donʻt want to use any elec. from the utility, so iʻll have to figure out best times to charge since i take the car to work during the day (and work doesnʻt have a charging station...yet).

Got my M3 on 9/9 Some slight panel gap imperfections but apparently they’re within spec. They’re very hard to notice, but if it’s something you are particular about, check everything.

Overall it went as expected, I am not a fan of the process per se, you’re spending quite a bit of money on a car and you’re told to kind of just do everything yourself, not much of a luxurious delivery experience like previous cars I’ve had. But I knew that and my expectations were low. I strongly believe customer service needs major improvement, especially when competetion heats up so that Tesla remains at the forefront.

The car is super fun to drive, I even have the RWD and I find it plenty powerful. Low center of gravity makes for amazing handling, the thing feels like it’s on rails. Just gotta get familiar with all the features.

My mobile connector set is arriving on 9/13, it comes with the NEMA 14-50.

Thanks for all your support.
Personnaly I kind of appreciated the fact that they handed me the "key" and had all the time needed, alone, to check-out the car. As opposed to having someone breathing down my neck and distracting me with a delivery pitch.

Personnaly I kind of appreciated the fact that they handed me the "key" and had all the time needed, alone, to check-out the car. As opposed to having someone breathing down my neck and distracting me with a delivery pitch.
that’s very fair, I guess it’s preferrances at the end of the day. I was happy to see the St Bruno location delivering many cars, means the ball is rolling. For those still waiting, hang in there.

Reactions: MtlMV
Also an update: my EDD got updated to earlier today by almost 1-1.5 months! What's going on.

Currently: Sep 17 - Oct 15
Previously: Oct - Dec
Order date: Aug 30
Another update today putting me in my first 2 weeks window! If this is reliable then Tesla delivery surely has picked up!

Original EDD: Oct - Dec
Sep 6: Sep 17 - Oct 15
Sep 9: received trade-in text
Today: Sep 17 - Oct 1 (2 weeks window)

Reactions: TheRedOx
After I got my VIN things moved pretty quickly. I added the new car to my insurance policy. We took out a small loan this weekend and FedEx'd the signed check to Fremont and e-mailed the photos of the check and tracking info to Tesla Freemont. That has been processed. Tesla offered $16,900 on my trade in. Carvana offered $20,648. My local dealership low balled me at $18,000. I decided to avoid the pain of selling it myself and I sold it to Carvana. They pick it up Friday and pay me. It was super easy. Carvana pays via PLAID. I just now made my Final Payment to Tesla via PLAID. Installed my Wall Charger this evening. And I pick up the M3 RWD on Saturday.

I never expected to get the car this soon. I could have picked it up tomorrow but didn't think I could get it all done that fast. When I ordered I was expecting Nov-Dec and I expected that to slip into 2023. I was really surprised how quickly it accelerated.

I also ordered some accessories like floor mats, screen protector, mud flaps, and a few other things. They have not arrived. I ordered a Garage Door Opener and it has shipped. My Mobile Connector still has not shipped. I assume I'll pick it up at delivery.

And a few days ago, I bought gas for my old car for the last time.... I think.

Attachments

• IMG_5745 (2).jpg
    IMG_5745 (2).jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 72
I had the same experience in Laval, Qc, on 9/3. Got keys to my car and was able to verify it as much as I wanted, sat in it touched and poked. Saw two small paint imperfections, which they touched up while I was going through the paperwork. Papers signed, paid for registrations and gave in my $$. All in all very satisfied with the experience and now getting used to the car. BTW they were delivering about 200 cars (in Laval) on that weekend according to one of the employees. Dont know if that number is accurate, but I can confirm that there were alot of people and cars being delivered.

Reactions: MtlMV
Another update today putting me in my first 2 weeks window! If this is reliable then Tesla delivery surely has picked up!

Original EDD: Oct - Dec
Sep 6: Sep 17 - Oct 15
Sep 9: received trade-in text
Today: Sep 17 - Oct 1 (2 weeks window)

That's great news! Hopefully many more people will see EDDs move up as Tesla works to deliver as many as possible in the last month of the quarter.