Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anybody share how long it took them to get the "schedule delivery" text? It's been 8 days since a VIN appeared in my account but I still have not got the notification to schedule my delivery yet. Do I need to make the final payment or anything through the app? I'm just assuming the car is still being shipped but I also have heard of people getting a text notifying them about their Tesla leaving the factory.

My Tesla advisor said that I am able to make the final payment through the app on delivery day and also provide them my 3rd party financing check as well for them to fill out on delivery day also. My financing box in the app is marked complete showing how much I plan on financing through my bank but the final payment still does not have a green check mark - this is the only thing I'm thinking of that won't let me schedule the delivery?

My EDD is November 11th - 20th and has not changed since getting the VIN.
You are all set. Just be patient. We wondered the same thing. Had everything set up for final payment in the app. All that remained was to hit pay.

The schedule delivery text will come when it comes. I can't remember how long after we got the VIN, but it was a wait. So I understand your concern.

Update - I was able to pickup my vehicle yesterday thanks God, it was in great shape. Just need to place a service to adjust the trunk, passenger side view mirror and for some reason the rear driver side glass has scratches...like someone wanted to remove something and used the wrong thing and left scratches visibles only when the right angle hit the glass. Inside was perfect. As soon as I get home I was able to get everything I bought throughout the 4 months waiting for it.

Attachments

• PXL_20221105_221555978.jpg
    PXL_20221105_221555978.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 105
  • PXL_20221105_215941903.jpg
    PXL_20221105_215941903.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20221105_215507975.jpg
    PXL_20221105_215507975.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20221105_215956105.jpg
    PXL_20221105_215956105.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20221105_215925473.jpg
    PXL_20221105_215925473.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20221105_221216587.jpg
    PXL_20221105_221216587.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20221105_215708677.jpg
    PXL_20221105_215708677.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20221105_203535373.jpg
    PXL_20221105_203535373.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 88
Ordered a black M3 standard rear wheel drive on Sept 25, 2022, the edd at the time was October-December 22. A day or so later the edd was December 3-January 10, on October 6 it changed to November 19-December 24, and it stayed that way until now. This past Saturday (Oct 29) I called Tesla and had them change my interior to white, it updated in the app and the Edd was still 11/19-12/24. Today (11/1) I checked the app and my EDD is now Oct-December 2022. 😩. Did I mess up by changing my interior?
UPDATE: On yesterday 11/05 I decided to go back to black interior. Today I woke up with an EDD of 12/09-12/31. Hopefully it comes before 12/24, that’s when my check expires.
I originally was going to get a Mercedes for my birthday so I got financing, then decided last minute I wanted a Tesla. My indecisiveness is kicking my a**. Lesson learned for me, leave things be. 😂

New update……why is it keep on changing?
Model 3 SR White/ White Interior/ No FSD
Location - NJ
OD - 08/18/22
1st EDD - 11/20 - 01/01
2nd EDD (as of 09/26) - 11/14 - 12/19
3rd EDD (as of 10/22) - 11/12 - 11/26
4th EDD (as of 10/31) - 11/29 - 12/27
5th EDD (as of 11/06) - 11/20 - 12/4

I have very good credit and my credit union FirstTechCU with which I had great decent rate to refinance and payoff my student loan offers rate as “low” as 5.8% after soft check of my credit which is worse what Tesla offers at 5%.

I thought about Tower Credit Union and donated to their charity to become member which seem to offer rates starting at 3%. I live in the Bay Area.

I had plan to double downpayment to at least $10k to lower their monthly rate after including CA taxes. I can only get up to $5000 in Carvana from my old car. Tesla offered $3800 and in revaluation $3600.

I thought about cancelling and waiting till next year when it becomes eligible for $3700 EV credit and value of Amazon shares I hold bounce back 30-40% but if interet rates keep going up next year and stock market keeps going down then it looks like I should take delivery now with minimal downpayment and as long as I take 72 months loan I won't be penalized for prepayments when market recovers.

Question:
1. If I want car should I pick up anyway before next year or wait if interest rise slows down?
2. Any recommendation over Tower Credit Union?

Update - I was able to pickup my vehicle yesterday thanks God, it was in great shape. Just need to place a service to adjust the trunk, passenger side view mirror and for some reason the rear driver side glass has scratches...like someone wanted to remove something and used the wrong thing and left scratches visibles only when the right angle hit the glass. Inside was perfect. As soon as I get home I was able to get everything I bought throughout the 4 months waiting for it.
I financed through AdelFi too. I was scheduled to pick-up Saturday as well but AdelFi wouldn’t submit for funding until Monday and the signed loan agreement wasn’t enough for my local Tesla so they rescheduled me to Monday and I have to provide the wire confirmation by noon. So frustrating and I’m praying AdelFi submits funding early in the morning and sends me the wire confirmation ASAP and not by 5PM PT as they have on their site…

I financed through AdelFi too. I was scheduled to pick-up Saturday as well but AdelFi wouldn’t submit for funding until Monday and the signed loan agreement wasn’t enough for my local Tesla so they rescheduled me to Monday and I have to provide the wire confirmation by noon. So frustrating and I’m praying AdelFi submits funding early in the morning and sends me the wire confirmation ASAP and not by 5PM PT as they have on their site…
Did you have to take day off from work or were you able to schedule after hours? I would hope they are flexible to rescheduling to Friday or weekend.
Did you make only minimum deposit 10%?

Did you have to take day off from work or were you able to schedule after hours? I would hope they are flexible to rescheduling to Friday or weekend.
Did you make only minimum deposit 10%?
They took a full 2 days to review my documents so I didn’t get to sign the loan agreements until Friday 11/4 but they said that the last wire was at noon on Friday so mine would go into funding on Monday 11/7. It was scheduled for a Saturday 11/5 so I didn’t have to take off work but they rescheduled me to tomorrow at 5 and I don’t get off work until 5:30. The advisor that rescheduled me said that it should be fine if I’m late cause they are open til 7pm and the 5pm slot was the only thing open for Monday. My deposit was 10%, is this the reason why the loan document was not enough? The advisor that called me said it was because it was AdelFi and they had an incident when the wire didn’t go through or something.

Reactions: Rick3287
They took a full 2 days to review my documents so I didn’t get to sign the loan agreements until Friday 11/4 but they said that the last wire was at noon on Friday so mine would go into funding on Monday 11/7. It was scheduled for a Saturday 11/5 so I didn’t have to take off work but they rescheduled me to tomorrow at 5 and I don’t get off work until 5:30. The advisor that rescheduled me said that it should be fine if I’m late cause they are open til 7pm and the 5pm slot was the only thing open for Monday. My deposit was 10%, is this the reason why the loan document was not enough? The advisor that called me said it was because it was AdelFi and they had an incident when the wire didn’t go through or something.
I think it was because of what Advisor said.
When I placed order for Tesla in July, the car was more affordable to me then than now with my stock portfolio and current market interest rates. It was more of impulse buy, learning the government approved EV tax credit for Tesla, but jumped too fast and missed that SR will probably only qualify to half EV tax credit and only for delivery after 1st January 2023. My estimated delivery was October - December but it was constantly pushed around until now its November 10 - December 8. I considered WV ID4 but hearing about dealership price gouging on deliveries, bad customer service with my local WV and recently in news how they neglect software upgrades, I am kinda glad to go with Tesla even though it cost premium.

I think it was because of what Advisor said.
When I placed order for Tesla in July, the car was more affordable to me then than now with my stock portfolio and current market interest rates. It was more of impulse buy, learning the government approved EV tax credit for Tesla, but jumped too fast and missed that SR will probably only qualify to half EV tax credit and only for delivery after 1st January 2023. My estimated delivery was October - December but it was constantly pushed around until now its November 10 - December 8. I considered WV ID4 but hearing about dealership price gouging on deliveries, bad customer service with my local WV and recently in news how they neglect software upgrades, I am kinda glad to go with Tesla even though it cost premium.
I checked out some other EV options too and the dealers are ridiculous with the additional add ons and pre-delivery fees. Unfortunately I am not savvy at negotiation, so I went with Tesla to avoid dealership hassles

Reactions: Rick3287
Hello,

I am due to take delivery of my M3 this Thursday. I had a few questions and was hoping someone can help out.. What is the difference between a S and S+? Are all new standard range vehicles coming with the "matrix" headlights or is that only for the performance model? Is there a check list you all used for inspection prior to delivery?

Thank you

Hi,

My model is M3 RWD & order date is Oct. 8th. In the App. it shows EDD is Oct - Dec. But there is no other communicate from Tesla so far. I have ordered mobile charger along with the car. Did anyone has booked in this timeframe has received any communication or received any EDD?

Thanks !!!

Holy cow I just looked my Tesla app and it’s coming for EDF delivery nov10-24. On November 25 I am moving to new apartment and just finished apartment hunting. I just applied to be member of Towet FCU today, and plan to apply for loan with them. I feel a bit overwhelmed it’s coming so fast!

Picked up M3RWD yesterday. I went to a check list from @everydaychris and he has an extensive items to check. I went thru each one of them and I did find one tiny paint chip on the corner of the hood near to the passenger side. They did a touch up and not exactly blended in but it is too small to notice. Panels gaps wise, they are acceptable to my standard (and I seem have a low standard on what is ok re panel gaps or not). Some place seem misaligned but I am ok with that.

But I think I might be in more details on checkout each item on the list when I take delivery on Model Y LR (granted it is more expensive than M3RWD).

My wife and I did the walk thru on the car together. Also, I found out it is helpful to wear latex gloves while trying to touch the exterior because when I got the car, it did not look like it was even washed so a lot of dust and I don’t want to have my dirty hands touching when I went thru the interior.
Hey @theocguy could you share a copy of the check list? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm due to pick up my M3SR this Thursday. thanks in advance

Okay, like many of you, Tesla is starting to irritate me. EDD just changed from 11/18 - 11/30 to 11/24 - 12/7. My delivery center said their estimated delivery date to their location was 11/21. I am on vacation for most of December, so if they don’t deliver the car before 12/1, I’m not sure what I would do. Here’s hoping!

I have a locked in sale value of my current car that expires on 11/25 and I am banking on selling for this amount for my Tesla Downpayment. Not to mention the interest rates constantly changing. Won’t sell until I have the delivery day scheduled though.