Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up in Vallejo later this week. An excellent value at $41K. Way better than the tax credit. Turning in our 2019 LR with 90K miles. I will miss AWD and the acceleration (at freeway driving speeds), but will get over it. I drive the LR way way too fast anyway.

I still can’t believe I’m buying this car for only $41K. Typically we buy new and keep our cars for 10+ years / 250K+ miles. For example, our 2006 truck has nearly 300K miles on it. However, this situation was just to good to pass up. I plan to own the new SR+ I’m picking up for 20+ years / 400K+ miles.

Looks like I'm headed to Fremont on Saturday for my M3. But I'm nervous because my flight will arrive around 3pm. I know the Fremont hours usually close at 6 on Saturdays, but I don't have a clue if they will close early for NYE. Anyone know how I could find out these hours (while the Tesla reps are off duty). I'll need to plan overnight. Cheers
You can reply to the texts you got from Tesla or call the Fremont delivery center.

Picking up in Vallejo later this week. An excellent value at $41K. Way better than the tax credit. Turning in our 2019 LR with 90K miles. I will miss AWD and the acceleration (at freeway driving speeds), but will get over it. I drive the LR way way too fast anyway.

I still can’t believe I’m buying this car for only $41K. Typically we buy new and keep our cars for 10+ years / 250K+ miles. For example, our 2006 truck has nearly 300K miles on it. However, this situation was just to good to pass up. I plan to own the new SR+ I’m picking up for 20+ years / 400K+ miles.
Maybe we'll be there around the same time (I'll be there Friday) but I'm sure it'll be a madhouse to find and say hello. How much range did you lose after 90k miles on the LR?

@Harry.K.Chu degradation most likely due to long exposures to very high ambient temperatures for two long summers. Once we moved to the SF/Bay Area the accelerated degradation stopped. Kind of annoying, but that’s early adopter risk. The same environment literally fried the battery of my 2013 Nissan Leaf which was luckily on a heavily subsidized lease because I knew what was going to happen to its poorly designed air cooled battery pack. At 3 years and ~30K miles the Leaf was useless with less than 60 miles of usable range. It was liquidated at a dealer auction for around $6K. Nissan is like the poster child for how not to EV.

• Informative
Reactions: Harry.K.Chu
I ordered a 2023 M3 RWD from inventory on 12/23. Got VIN assigned and had an original delivery date of today (12/28). Delivery date was then pushed to 12/30 and now they’re saying they may not have it until 1/1. Based on my text messages with Tesla Delivery, it does not sound like they will honor the $7,500 referral credit after 12/31. This feels like bait and switch because it seemed like the car was in inventory when I ordered it, but now I may lose the $7,500 credit. I’m aware that it may be possible to get this in the form of a tax credit, but I wanted it up front and that’s why I chose something out of inventory. Does anyone have any experience/advice to share?

I ordered a 2023 M3 RWD from inventory on 12/23. Got VIN assigned and had an original delivery date of today (12/28). Delivery date was then pushed to 12/30 and now they’re saying they may not have it until 1/1. Based on my text messages with Tesla Delivery, it does not sound like they will honor the $7,500 referral credit after 12/31. This feels like bait and switch because it seemed like the car was in inventory when I ordered it, but now I may lose the $7,500 credit. I’m aware that it may be possible to get this in the form of a tax credit, but I wanted it up front and that’s why I chose something out of inventory. Does anyone have any experience/advice to share?
Delivery Center staff notoriously have very little discretion. The most they could probably offer you is to set you up for home delivery rather than making you do the pickup at the delivery center. I don't think they have any power to offer you discounted pricing or charging credits. Those decisions are made higher up in the food chain.

Ordered a blue M3 RWD on 12/21 evening. Just got the VIN assigned but the Estimated Delivery is January 02 - January 23. Then we logged in the Tesla App and tried to make the final payment. Two questions: I saw that the the car price still has the $7,500 credit (due today is $45,731). Does that mean if we make the payment now, they will honor the price even the car is picked up in January? Then we found out that if we plan to pay in full cash, the App uses Plaid to connect our bank. It asks our bank credentials. Does someone know how soon they withdraw the money from our bank once we submit the credentials? Isn't it kind of strange that we need to give out the bank information before we even see the car? Could it be paid with certified check? Thanks.

Ordered a blue M3 RWD on 12/21 evening. Just got the VIN assigned but the Estimated Delivery is January 02 - January 23. Then we logged in the Tesla App and tried to make the final payment. Two questions: I saw that the the car price still has the $7,500 credit (due today is $45,731). Does that mean if we make the payment now, they will honor the price even the car is picked up in January? Then we found out that if we plan to pay in full cash, the App uses Plaid to connect our bank. It asks our bank credentials. Does someone know how soon they withdraw the money from our bank once we submit the credentials? Isn't it kind of strange that we need to give out the bank information before we even see the car? Could it be paid with certified check? Thanks.
Payment via Plaid is immediate even if you process the payment on a weekend, meaning non-banking hours. If the balance changes for any reason prior to delivery, the app/website will update the invoice and you will have either a credit or additional payment due task in the app. Not uncommon for buyers to add or subtract EAP or FSD during the waiting period which changes the invoice and status of the balance.

You can pay via certified check on delivery day. You can also pay via Plaid on your delivery date when you arrive at the center.

If I were in California, I would text them back and ask someone to call me back. I would see if it were possible for me to travel to Fremont where the car is being produced and pickup on Dec 31st. There was a leaked email today from Musk asking all Tesla Employees to do everything possible to get deliveries completed by EoY and encouraging others to volunteer to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgs333
Picked up my M3 RWD grey/black/18" today (12/28) at Fremont, which I ordered 12/19/22. To whomever asked, no, they don't remove the destination fee of $1200 if you pick up at the factory.

The experience was excellent, seamless, and how every car purchase should be. It literally took about 20 minutes. I dropped in to the sales center to use their bathroom & a SA from Walnut Creek that I talked to a few days ago recognized me & was all smiles, said congrats on the car, so that was cool. Otherwise, no need for a human - the car was in the stall they indicate on your text & your app does the rest. My brother has had 3 Teslas & has countless friends with Teslas so he came along as tech support, lol. It was nice having someone there who knows how the car works, TBH - so while you don't need a human to get you into your car, you may want to enlist one if you need/want any tutorials.

We found the car & did a full exterior walkaround & inspection before I accepted delivery. You have to accept delivery to get into the car, which I did, & we did our best to check out the interior, as well. Everything was great - panel gaps all good to excellent, nothing misaligned, no paint blemishes or damage, other than a teeny tiny little mark on one rearview mirror. Tires all 44 psi, car spotless, inside and out, 75% charge. We fiddled around with pairing, settings, me getting used to the interface, etc for a bit, then I drove my brother to where he parked his Model 3 - no rattles or anything. Then we left for lunch. Easy peasy.

I expected Fremont to be an end of quarter shitshow and it absolutely was not. There were teams of folks in the parking lot cleaning cars up, but otherwise it was mellow. I got there around 11:30am & left before noon.

Super happy with this great car, so far!

Payment via Plaid is immediate even if you process the payment on a weekend, meaning non-banking hours. If the balance changes for any reason prior to delivery, the app/website will update the invoice and you will have either a credit or additional payment due task in the app. Not uncommon for buyers to add or subtract EAP or FSD during the waiting period which changes the invoice and status of the balance.

You can pay via certified check on delivery day. You can also pay via Plaid on your delivery date when you arrive at the center.

If I were in California, I would text them back and ask someone to call me back. I would see if it were possible for me to travel to Fremont where the car is being produced and pickup on Dec 31st. There was a leaked email today from Musk asking all Tesla Employees to do everything possible to get deliveries completed by EoY and encouraging others to volunteer to help.
Thanks. Does that mean they could still add the $7,500 back and then we need to pay the difference when we pick up the car?

We are in Sacto area and would not mind picking it up in Fremont. But so far no Tesla agent texted me or emailed me. So I don't know which number to text.

Thanks. Does that mean they could still add the $7,500 back and then we need to pay the difference when we pick up the car?
They definitely could. You should read through the Purchasing Agreement for your car, I suspect there is a legal clause in there that will clarify things more. You should talk to them and figure out your options. They have marching orders to get the car into your hands before close of business on Saturday if at all possible.

Every Text Message you have received even if they appear to be automated canned messages can be responded to. They are on the other side monitoring and will respond back to you. Just send them a Text and let them know you need to discuss ASAP. But as we approach end of week, you need to have your paper work together including insurance IMO.

Although I can't help with the payment details (I did financing), they absolutely can ask for the $7500 via additional payment if they can't get the car to you by Dec 31st.

And given they don't have a date before then scheduled in the app, it's highly likely they can't deliver it to you in time for the instant $7500 discount. So your choices are to accept delivery after Jan 1, and pay the additional $7500, refuse delivery, or accept delivery and see if you're eligible for the Federal tax incentive.

They definitely could. You should read through the Purchasing Agreement for your car, I suspect there is a legal clause in there that will clarify things more. You should talk to them and figure out your options. They have marching orders to get the car into your hands before close of business on Saturday if at all possible.

Every Text Message you have received even if they appear to be automated canned messages can be responded to. They are on the other side monitoring and will respond back to you. Just send them a Text and let them know you need to discuss ASAP. But as we approach end of week, you need to have your paper work together including insurance IMO.
I see. I just checked my text messages again and there is no text from Tesla at all so far. We only have one email confirming the order on 12/21/22. That is it. Our current car insurance proof has been submitted via App successfully and now on the "Fine Payment" step on App.

If I set up my bank account as a payment method using Plaid, am I authorizing Tesla to withdraw the money anytime or do I still have to submit/confirm the final payment? I would prefer to set it up before delivery day but I also don't want to end up making the final payment now.

I see. I just checked my text messages again and there is no text from Tesla at all so far. We only have one email confirming the order on 12/21/22. That is it. Our current car insurance proof has been submitted via App successfully and now on the "Fine Payment" step on App.
That is strange, perhaps they have the wrong number for you or you provided a landline. Something seems out of place as everyone else gets text messages.

Try responding to your one email and calling your delivery center. For all you know the car is in the process of being put onto a carrier for transport to your local delivery center after Jan 1st.