Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the huge price drop on the MY I’m reluctant to accept my VIN. The odds are they are going to drop the price of the M3 and/or offer extra discounts for those who wait a few months.
Not so sure that's a good idea. These price drops were really significant. I believe they won't be changing the prices further any time soon. Maybe if you want to wait for the HD radar or the Project Highland changes, but otherwise, I wouldn't hold back now.

Not so sure that's a good idea. These price drops were really significant. I believe they won't be changing the prices further any time soon. Maybe if you want to wait for the HD radar or the Project Highland changes, but otherwise, I wouldn't hold back now.
A don’t see a $2,000 price drop as significant. The SA got back with me and gave me two options. I can switch my order to white ext to drop the price by $3,000, or keep it as is and accept the $1,000 charge for MSM paint.
The MY is more of a value now that they’ve dropped the price by $13,000. That’s significant.

Reactions: PewPew
A don’t see a $2,000 price drop as significant. The SA got back with me and gave me two options. I can switch my order to white ext to drop the price by $3,000, or keep it as is and accept the $1,000 charge for MSM paint.
The MY is more of a value now that they’ve dropped the price by $13,000. That’s significant.

Agreed the RWD barely dropped, it went from possibly the most valuable Tesla to one of the worst.

In December I ordered a M3RWD but was still waiting for delivery. Well I just shelled out another $250 order fee to ensure I snagged a M3Performance VIN last night instead. I need a vehicle ASAP. With the tax credit it was effectively a $16k discount.

MYLR is such an insanely great value right now. If we already didn't have one that would've certainly been my order last night.

I don't think prices will come down soon. Maybe a small discount at the end of the quarter or if the tax credit is reduced. I think Tesla wanted to do a huge drop and now just focus on building as many of these as they can until its the #1 selling vehicles in the world.

Reactions: PewPew
Agreed the RWD barely dropped, it went from possibly the most valuable Tesla to one of the worst.

In December I ordered a M3RWD but was still waiting for delivery. Well I just shelled out another $250 order fee to ensure I snagged a M3Performance VIN last night instead. I need a vehicle ASAP. With the tax credit it was effectively a $16k discount.

MYLR is such an insanely great value right now. If we already didn't have one that would've certainly been my order last night.

I don't think prices will come down soon. Maybe a small discount at the end of the quarter or if the tax credit is reduced. I think Tesla wanted to do a huge drop and now just focus on building as many of these as they can until its the #1 selling vehicles in the world.
The MY in general is a terrible value compared to a similar M3. I know pricing is based on what the buyer is willing to pay and people are willing to pay (significantly) more for an SUV.

It's why American mfrs love making trucks and SUVs and have all but stopped making cars since they don't cost that much more to make but people are tripping over themselves to buy them at inflated prices. (compared to cars)

The MY in general is a terrible value compared to a similar M3. I know pricing is based on what the buyer is willing to pay and people are willing to pay (significantly) more for an SUV.

It's why American mfrs love making trucks and SUVs and have all but stopped making cars since they don't cost that much more to make but people are tripping over themselves to buy them at inflated prices. (compared to cars)
Have you looked at price difference between MY and M3? It's what 53k vs 50k? MY has way more room. I don't understand how you can call that terrible value.

Reason for significant price cut on MY and Performance were to get them below the tax credit msrp cap. SR M3 we're only barely over that. So only a small price drop needed.

Today, we took delivery of the M3RWD we ordered out of inventory on 12/23. By a stroke of luck, the delivery was delayed in transit just long enough for it to get the new discount. Tesla automatically updated all the pricing on the paperwork. Delivery was smooth with no obvious issues with fit and finish. Just a couple of marks on the paint that were cleaned up before we left. This joins a 2022 MYP in our garage and I was surprised it doesn’t feel that much slower off the line. The biggest difference is the lack of a subwoofer and no ambient lighting at night except the storage cubby. It rides smoother and corners flatter as well. Really pleased we went with this as a second car.

F8CBB7E3-AE88-4F09-8903-99F18A6B7F11.jpeg

Today I got a text message that the delivery would actually happen between 01/26-02/16! Earlier the EDD changed to 01/20-02/03 and the app informs now EDD 01/15-01/25.

Little bit confusing, but I guess it’s really happening soon!
Yesterday was a day for good news. First I got a specific delivery date and the confirmation of the reduced price. Last year I also got the benefit of 10000 km free Supercharging. Worth the little waiting time!

Reactions: PrisC
Today, we took delivery of the M3RWD we ordered out of inventory on 12/23. By a stroke of luck, the delivery was delayed in transit just long enough for it to get the new discount. Tesla automatically updated all the pricing on the paperwork. Delivery was smooth with no obvious issues with fit and finish. Just a couple of marks on the paint that were cleaned up before we left. This joins a 2022 MYP in our garage and I was surprised it doesn’t feel that much slower off the line. The biggest difference is the lack of a subwoofer and no ambient lighting at night except the storage cubby. It rides smoother and corners flatter as well. Really pleased we went with this as a second car.

View attachment 895613..
Congrats! Looks fabulous.

Reactions: kennymacks

There is no guarantee m3p will get $7500 credit as it is not listed on IRS site. Is a risk if you make this assumption

There is no guarantee m3p will get $7500 credit as it is not listed on IRS site. Is a risk if you make this assumption

Your correct like many things there is a risk. I'd estimate I'm 99.9% sure I'll be able to claim it fine on my tax return with no issue IMO. I'm a CPA. If you feel the risk is more concerning for yourself, then sure you or others don't need to buy or plan to claim it.

Reactions: Wahiawahi
The MY was definitely overpriced at $65,000. Now that Tesla dropped the price down to $53,000 it’s a great deal. IMO it’s now a better value for your money vs the M3.
I was looking around at used M3SRs just before the price drops, and ended up ordering a MYLR right after, which was previously out of my budget. I actually plan on test driving both tomorrow again to make sure, but I am leaning toward the extra value (range, space, ride height, faster charging) of the MY.

But at a $10K difference after taxes for me between the two, it is still worth me checking again.