Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three stupid questions for someone who's Model 3 will be coming soon

What's a due bill?
What are the wheel trim clips? What would I be looking for?
I have no idea if I'll get home delivery or in a center, either way do I just write up a list of issues - what's important about getting it to them within 3 days?

Some customers are told to make a list within 72 hours in order to rush customers out with delivery. That way the car is delivered and customers can inspect at home instead of creating a bottleneck at the center.

For my delivery, I plan to at least do a quick inspection for anything major and inspect at home for minor defects.

Reactions: lklundin and Big-T
Three stupid questions for someone who's Model 3 will be coming soon

What's a due bill?
What are the wheel trim clips? What would I be looking for?
I have no idea if I'll get home delivery or in a center, either way do I just write up a list of issues - what's important about getting it to them within 3 days?
A due bill is a list of things to fix. You need it for paint chips and other defects that could be accused of happening after delivery to prove it was that way when delivered.

Reactions: Big-T
Congrats! How come you didn’t do a due bill? Are you making a list now to give to them within 3 days?

I did not request a "due bill" for panel alignments or paint defects at delivery (nor do I plan to demand one within 72 hours), because I would be too scared that any cure could very well be worse than the disease. I decided I can accept lower assembly quality in order to avoid buying an i3, Bolt, or Leaf. Also, I just really want to minimize any interaction with Tesla. There is much to admire about the company and the car design, but definitely some growing pains regarding the operational management.

Ordered a SR, No options, black paint on 3/11

3/22 received the tentative delivery text for 3/29, in Texas.

3/24 received a text saying my delivery was delayed (with no new date) and my account says 6-8 weeks from order date. To be fair, it originally said 6-8 from order.

Good news for those in Seattle. My car was to be delivered on Tuesday, but the detailing team is running 36 hours ahead of schedule. I was able to move my delivery up by a day and will be getting it delivered tomorrow instead! So far everything has been going very smoothly. Crossing my fingers that delivery is the same.

It looks like all of us who were expecting a Friday or Saturday delivery of a standard range non plus got the text for postponement. Bummer . I was really hoping to get the car this weekend. It's been 3 years since I made the initial deposit. At this point ive made a 10% downpayment .

Just got the text for 3/30 delivery for my Pearl White SR ordered 3/1. I'm in SoCal.
No VIN shown in my profile yet...
Same as everyone else, just got the "Our apologies, we will need to reschedule..." text this afternoon.
I hope the reschedule is not too far in the future. Seems like maybe they are looking to end the quarter with all higher-margin SR+. Maybe that means that starting April 1st, we will see some SR deliveries. A man can dream...:cool:

Reactions: palmer_md
SR+ white exterior, white interior, 19”, EAP

Ordered on 3/17 (CT resident)

Got text on 3/20 saying I have tentative delivery date of 3/27

Got VIN on 3/21

Hoping all this holds true. It seems they really want to get SR+ models out first. I was shocked to get a delivery date and VIN within 4 days of ordering especially as I am pretty much as far away from the Freemont factory as possible. I’ll update if I get one of those “delivery postponed” texts..

After running through the delivery checklists when it stopped raining my SR+ is near flawless. Fog lights work from the toggle, but obviously no immersive sound as others noted. The only defects I found were a very small paint spot the size of 2/10th of an inch that is off-color and some small gap differences that keep it from being "perfect" on close inspection but aren't worth any hassle to adjust and I'm sure are within spec. Very stoked with the purchase.

dOFyXh2.jpg

After running through the delivery checklists when it stopped raining my SR+ is near flawless. Fog lights work from the toggle, but obviously no immersive sound as others noted. The only defects I found were a very small paint spot the size of 2/10th of an inch that is off-color and some small gap differences that keep it from being "perfect" on close inspection but aren't worth any hassle to adjust and I'm sure are within spec. Very stoked with the purchase.

dOFyXh2.jpg
Congratulations! She's beautiful!

My SR+ order from March 17 had been set for March 26 but looked to have moved to March 28 over this past weekend. I got in touch with my inside sales guy via email and very quickly got a phone call from them that the car was indeed in Toronto and my delivery appointment tomorrow is back on.

Feeling nervous about build quality, etc, etc, so hoping my day tomorrow goes well.