Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it out there? Whenever I have asked Tesla for an explanation, all I have ever had was “its for the longevity of the battery”. Well, for me that sounds like what they are trying to achieve, not why they decided to take action in the first place. They have resolutely refused to answer why. So if they have given you an answer, I would love to hear what they said.

In answer to my question 'why me and not others' they replied because of my DC charging history. Well that sounds like a load of old baloney as well as ALL charging ends up as DC charging. It’s the only way to get electricity into a DC battery.
Yep... THAT IS their explanation!
Yep... it is complete BS
I have asked what is different about MY battery and get no response.

I wouldn't have gone that far...
You mean you'd still buy brand new cars from them before they properly resolve this issue for you? Interesting. My wife is looking at a model X, but won't do anything until they put a service center within less than an hour drive from our house. ...a considerably lower bar, but I haven't told her about batterygate yet.

You mean you'd still buy brand new cars from them before they properly resolve this issue for you? Interesting. My wife is looking at a model X, but won't do anything until they put a service center within less than an hour drive from our house. ...a considerably lower bar, but I haven't told her about batterygate yet.
Yes, I plan on a Model 3 or Model Y. Would love a new Roadster but out of my price point. Definitely need an electric truck yesterday... As far as the current battery and charge issues...I expect Tesla to install a new battery in my capped and slowed charging Model S. If it takes this lawsuit to force them to fix it, it is a sad day, but hopefully it will help other consumers too and make/force Tesla to do better with its future customers as well as current customers/supporters/stockholders.

And, this would be before or after you purchase another car from them?
Already have 3 electrics. Model S and 2 Nissan Leafs. My son has a Bolt. No hurry, not even looking yet. Waiting for a good deal to fall into my lap I guess. Been waiting for price on used 3's to drop more. I may have a battery replacement before lawsuit ends. Question is will it be a non-capped and not slowed to charge battery replacement...

Last edited:
In answer to my question 'why me and not others' they replied because of my DC charging history. Well that sounds like a load of old baloney as well as ALL charging ends up as DC charging. It’s the only way to get electricity into a DC battery.
They are talking about DC fast charging. Obviously all charging is DC into the battery, but DC fast charging delivers more power into the battery at lower SOC than the on-board AC chargers can.

They are talking about DC fast charging. Obviously all charging is DC into the battery, but DC fast charging delivers more power into the battery at lower SOC than the on-board AC chargers can.
All reputable data says the current BMS IS the best in the world. It controls the charge profile as closely as anything to optimal 18650 ideal. The best charging happens between 42C and 45C.

Anything relevant on this update?
I have it ready to be installed, but would like to know first what does it do or change.
Didn't seem to change much for me from what I can instantly tell. What I wanted it to do was end chargegate and batterygate. I have not tried to charge yet to see if I am still capped and Supercharging slowed.