Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Asheville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be traveling to Ashville to visit the Biltmore Estate for the Christmas Lights display. I hope they are up and running by then.

I'd also suggest stopping by Tanglewood's light display on your way if you weren't already planning on it and had time. Exit 182 or 180 I think on 40 after Winston-Salem. Takes a good 2 hours to go through the whole display.

I'd also suggest stopping by Tanglewood's light display on your way if you weren't already planning on it and had time. Exit 182 or 180 I think on 40 after Winston-Salem. Takes a good 2 hours to go through the whole display.

I second this recommendation! I remember going through Tanglewood's display every year. Really well done. The bonfire by the store is also a feat experience after the light show.

That was funny. I am very happy toward the progress of the Tesla Supercharger network the construction company's has done a job well done. I am very proud of it. In the next two year's from now, the majority of the construction sites of the Tesla Supercharger's should be close to completion toward the United States. I am personally saving up for the Tesla Model 3 vehicle. I took a selfie with the Tesla Supercharger at Columbia, Mo.
Ron
View attachment 101642

Nice shot Ron - hope to see your name on the Model 3 reservations.
BTW - if someone is taking your picture - uhhhh...... it's not a selfie.

I stopped by there earlier and the individual charging stations were being wired up. Too many trucks in the way to take a picture. Maybe Mr Mayor will be able to get a shot this evening. :smile:

Also, I was told by someone a few months ago that Tesla was looking to put both the superchargers AND possibly a store at the outlet mall (this was before the supercharger permits were filed). I was even told if they built it, the store would go in the far end of the parking lot past the superchargers in an empty unused area. This morning, there were construction workers in that end of the parking lot taking measurements. Anyone know how we could find out if a permit has been issued for that?

4pm today. Not my neck of the woods, but wanted to stop by and check things out.
image.jpeg

4pm today. Not my neck of the woods, but wanted to stop by and check things out. View attachment 101885

It just me, or does the transformer look like it's incorrectly positioned? I've seen them during installation and usually the past that is facing left in this pic is over top of the conduit stub ups so that the wires and everything are inside the transformer cabinet...

Great Photos of Asheville SC

Thanks for the update on the status of the installation in Asheville. I hope they are ahead of schedule and will be up and running by the 13th of December.

Citizens: I'm back in the district and will commence the regular feed...
11/26/2015 11:00PM
Here is the state of things. Looks pretty far along.

View attachment 102191View attachment 102196View attachment 102198View attachment 102199View attachment 102200

Mayor, Asheville Supercharger

Thanks for the update on the status of the installation in Asheville. I hope they are ahead of schedule and will be up and running by the 13th of December.

I would say there is a very good chance of this happening given the state of construction. All the gear is in place including the utility transformer. All that's really left is the fence around the supercharger cabinets, cleaning up / repainting the spaces, and turn up by Tesla (and Inspections I'm sure as well).

qBlack1 - just to be safe can you advise where to charge in Asheville. I am worried that these may not be ready by 13 December and I would like some advice where any other chargers might be available. Thanks for posting these photos.